Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Memphis, Cinci, Temple and UConn; added to WV it cuts a path right between the B1G and ACC

I don't see it. If 4, I think Houston is in. UConn, Cinci, Houston and one Florida school has been my prediction for months. If no Houston, both Florida schools.

Reaction Score
I don't see it. If 4, I think Houston is in. UConn, Cinci, Houston and one Florida school has been my prediction for months. If no Houston, both Florida schools.

This would make sense if they are expanding for the future and to add markets. The fact they keep looking at Houston makes it pretty clear b12 won't be around in 2025. Houston is a short term money grab. Texas is planning its exit along with OU. I just hope we get into the b12 now. By 2024, I hope we are AAU with a better realignment resume.

Reaction Score
Blauds says, Cincinnati, Houston, Connecticut, Memphis, Central Florida, South Florida plus a pair of unnamed AAC schools and then BYU are the current finalists.

This is the actual paragraph in the article:

"Word has it that the Big 12 has sent a list of invitations to between six and eight schools, with the list including Cincinnati, Houston, Connecticut and Memphis from the American as well as Brigham Young, an independent in football and a member of the West Coast Conference in most other sports. Central Florida, South Florida
and two AAC schools reportedly are also on the list, although there is less certainty either Florida school is regarded as a prime contender."

Last night the red font read "and two ACC schools" which was quickly edited from ACC to AAC schools. My sense is that they forgot to delete the "and" between Florida and two AAC schools when they corrected the typo. It would make sense to mention the conference affiliation for UCF and USF there as he did when mentioning the other school above it. Sloppy writing, that has everyone spinning.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This is the actual paragraph in the article:

"Word has it that the Big 12 has sent a list of invitations to between six and eight schools, with the list including Cincinnati, Houston, Connecticut and Memphis from the American as well as Brigham Young, an independent in football and a member of the West Coast Conference in most other sports. Central Florida, South Florida
and two AAC schools reportedly are also on the list, although there is less certainty either Florida school is regarded as a prime contender."

Last night the red font read "and two ACC schools" which was quickly edited from ACC to AAC schools. My sense is that they forgot to delete the "and" between Florida and two AAC schools when they corrected the typo. It would make sense to mention the conference affiliation for UCF and USF there as he did when mentioning the other school above it. Sloppy writing, that has everyone spinning.
Blauds is sloppy as hell on his website so many interpretations could be had. I would go with yours.

Reaction Score
The sentence "Central Florida, South Florida, and two AAC schools" doesn't make much sense in the context of the article. He lists the initial four and BYU - why end the sentence and create a second list without any kind of qualifier as to why they're not listed with the first four AAC schools. If they got an invite, they got an invite, you can add the part about less certainty with the Florida schools contender status later. Shoddy writing.

Reaction Score
1st list=Top-Tier(Prime Contenders) UConn, UC, UH, UM, BYU

2nd list=Bottom-Tier(Non Prime)
UCF, USF, Tulane, SMU/Temple

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The sentence "Central Florida, South Florida, and two AAC schools" doesn't make much sense in the context of the article. He lists the initial four and BYU - why end the sentence and create a second list without any kind of qualifier as to why they're not listed with the first four AAC schools. If they got an invite, they got an invite, you can add the part about less certainty with the Florida schools contender status later. Shoddy writing.

It actually could be, "And two other AAC schools, UCF and USF..." Those could be the "other two". But who the hell knows.

Reaction Score
wtf is "a list of invitations..."? They received invitations? No. They received a list of schools that will be sent invitations? No. They were sent a list of schools still being considered? Perhaps. Shoddy at best. I give him no level of credibility and $0.

Reaction Score
wtf is "a list of invitations..."? They received invitations? No. They received a list of schools that will be sent invitations? No. They were sent a list of schools still being considered? Perhaps. Shoddy at best. I give him no level of credibility and $0.

Well, he didn't have ECU on the list and it was reported today that they are no longer under consideration. He has solid contacts - his writing is challenged without an editor these days.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is a case of sloppiness.

Tulane's Pres. said this morning that his school signed an NDA with the B12 and can't comment.

You would think he wouldn't have said that IF he had been informed 2 days ago that Tulane was no longer under consideration.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is a case of sloppiness.

Tulane's Pres. said this morning that his school signed an NDA with the B12 and can't comment.

You would think he wouldn't have said that IF he had been informed 2 days ago that Tulane was no longer under consideration.

Math doesn't work... He has "between six and eight schools" in article then lists Cincinnati, Houston, Connecticut, Memphis, BYU, UCF and USF - if there are two more that would be 9. Why say 6-8 then allude to 9? Blaud being Blaud.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
His shreds of truth aren't worth the number of flubs one has to sift through. Nor the high asking price.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
?$20 for the whole year?
Ha, for some reason I thought that was monthly...

... Still too high.

Just my opinion. I'm sure he's a nice guy, trying to make a living. Hope he does well. Don't personally see what value he adds.

Reaction Score
The only problem I have with people assuming that a school (be it Tulane or now SMU) saying that they are under NDA and can't comment is equivalent to them still being under consideration, is that it ignores that openly admitting you have not shot at a Big 12 invite is completely demoralizing to your fanbase and is probably not an intelligent thing to say during week 1 of the season when enthusiasm for your program is going to be at it's highest level.

Kudos to ECU for being transparent, but I can't imagine campus is anything but pissed off this morning.

Reaction Score
There were probably 10 people at ECU who thought the Pirates had a ghost of a chance. School has great FB support but not much else.

Reaction Score
There were probably 10 people at ECU who thought the Pirates had a ghost of a chance. School has great FB support but not much else.
Well they have great FB support in that 50K show up to their games. The problem is those 50K who show up to their games comprise the vast majority of their entire fan base.

Reaction Score
I just read Uconn and BYU as football only....no way you take us and leave Basketball on the table.

If the Big 12 is smart, the answer has to be UConn nad Cincy. Damn the Texas politics.

Reaction Score
I just read Uconn and BYU as football only....no way you take us and leave Basketball on the table.

If the Big 12 is smart, the answer has to be UConn nad Cincy. Damn the Texas politics.

Where did you read that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom