Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
It is definitely a better conference and advanced metrics prove it. They had 3 teams in the Kenpom top 25 last year, 6 in the top 50. A-10 had 0 in the top 25 and 3 in the top 50
were georgetown and st. johns on your short list? depaul, marquette?
The conferences are comparable and one year stats don't impress me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I do not believe we UConn split conferences, football in one and the rest of the sports in the other. If that did happen, I'd prefer the Atlantic 10 over the big east, but it won't, so it doesn't matter. If the AAC gets pillaged by 3 or 4 programs and UConn is stuck, the AAC might as well merge with C-USA. That conference could have some leverage in terms of scheduling deals.

CUSA just signed a deal that gets them 100k a year each for most of their games. They also had to venture down the dial to BEin sports to get more coverage.

So I'd pump the brakes on CUSA.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The Big East is light years ahead of the A-10. It's better than the AAC.

That would be the best part of UConn being in the Big East. All the posters who argued against the evidence that the BE wasn't better than the AAC taking the complete opposite viewpoint.

Reaction Score

yeah because the A10 has a team with the history of Villanova or Georgetown... right. Or up and comers like X and Providence. The top half of the A10 isn't remotely comparable to the BE. You really want a conference schedule where the best opponent is a shaka-less VCU or a URI team that's going to lose Hurley in a couple years?

Reaction Score
CUSA just signed a deal that gets them 100k a year each for most of their games. They also had to venture down the dial to BEin sports to get more coverage.

So I'd pump the brakes on CUSA.

I love when these people come out of the woodwork and spout absolute nonsense.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The A10 may have a stronger middle as a result of its size, but at the top and bottom there's no question about it. Give me a Villanova and a Butler over St. Joe's and Dayton any day of the week, and I think Duquesne, Fordham, and George Mason are more embarrassing conference mates to have than Tulane and ECU.

Reaction Score
yeah because the A10 has a team with the history of Villanova or Georgetown... right. Or up and comers like X and Providence. The top half of the A10 isn't remotely comparable to the BE. You really want a conference schedule where the best opponent is a shaka-less VCU or a URI team that's going to lose Hurley in a couple years?
If you want to hang your hat on Xavier and PC over Dayton and the Bonnies, go ahead. They are more similar than different. Neither will be a major player down the road because there is that P5 thing going on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like the A-10. I made a trip to Atlantic City to see the A-10 tournament when it was on the boardwalk.

The A-10 to Big East comparisons are silly.

Reaction Score
The A10 may have a stronger middle as a result of its size, but at the top and bottom there's no question about it. Give me a Villanova and a Butler over St. Joe's and Dayton any day of the week, and I think Duquesne, Fordham, and George Mason are more embarrassing conference mates to have than Tulane and ECU.
You can disagree with me all you want, but did you just say ECU is less embarrassing than Marsha Mason? the program that embarrassed UConn? Come on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want to hang your hat on Xavier and PC over Dayton and the Bonnies, go ahead. They are more similar than different. Neither will be a major player down the road because there is that P5 thing going on.

Xavier is having a bang up recruiting year. So is Creighton. You may have noticed that Villanova won the National Championship.

There is going to be one really good basketball league outside of FBS. They focus on basketball and there are always going to be players who want to be the BMOC - and not in the shadow of football.

Reaction Score
lol you're clueless. X has had 7 sweet sixteens since 1990. Dayton has had *one*

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You can disagree with me all you want, but did you just say ECU is less embarassing than Marsha Mason? Come on.

Mason's been hot garbage since they joined the A10. They offer no value whatsoever in any sport. ECU at least has baseball.

Edit: I pray that whatever higher power is out there can forgive me for arguing on the merits of ECU athletics. That felt disgusting.

Reaction Score
Nevertheless. UConn is not leaving the conference it founded to join a bunch of catholic schools which bailed. Period. If you want to be peers with the big boys like Michigan and Penn State and Texas, you don't muck it up by going back to the gang that helped put you in this mess. Anyone responsible for that should be tarred and feathered.

Reaction Score
Nevertheless. UConn is not leaving the conference it founded to join a bunch of catholic schools which bailed. Period. If you want to be peers with the big boys like Michigan and Penn State and Texas, you don't muck it up by going back to the gang that helped put you in this mess. Anyone responsible for that should be tarred and feathered.

wow you really don't know what you're talking about. So let's just let basketball die in the AAC, a league that will be worse than the A10 and the Big East! all because your "pride" is too big (or intelligence too low)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

You realize that we founded the Big East too, right? Also, their leaving made sense. And so did our forming the American. I don't think there is any animosity on either side.

Reaction Score
You realize that we founded the Big East too, right? Also, their leaving made sense. And so did our forming the American. I don't think there is any animosity on either side.
UConn founded the AAC, formerly known as the Big East.

Reaction Score
wow you really don't know what you're talking about. So let's just let basketball die in the AAC, a league that will be worse than the A10 and the Big East! all because your "pride" is too big (or intelligence too low)
Please don't insult me by claiming I don't know what I am talking about. Come back and post when UConn joins the new big east. It aint gonna happen. Yes, the AAC is not a great basketball conference, but such is life in the gulag. Here endith the lesson, good night kids.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
McMurphy's tweets are getting snarky. I'm starting to think that the B12 is just trying to get under ESPN's skin. Rice, UNM, Ark. St. It's really kind of funny if you think about it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please don't insult me by claiming I don't know what I am talking about. Come back and post when UConn joins the new big east. It aint gonna happen. Yes, the AAC is not a great basketball conference, but such is life in the gulag. Here endith the lesson, good night kids.

As bad as the world has passed Blauds by - he still has sources. If UConn gets left behind by the Big 12 - they almost certainly will try to be a football only in the AAC and play everything else in the BE.

Reaction Score
As bad as the world has passed Blauds by - he still has sources. If UConn gets left behind by the Big 12 - they almost certainly will try to be a football only in the AAC and play everything else in the BE.
As much as you may hope that scenario plays out, I think it will never happen. No sense arguing about it since we have no say in the process. We'll just have to wait and see. But it won't happen. Never.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score

Agree. I suspect we have the data to show our football team, from a TV prospective, is better than the AAC's alternatives. ESPN is no partner, I will be glad to see us turn the tables on them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As much as you may hope that scenario plays out, I think it will never happen. No sense arguing about it since we have no say in the process. We'll just have to wait and see. But it won't happen. Never.

I would prefer they don't do it actually.

Reaction Score
I thought you said you were going to bed.
Nah, too much to do. I thought you were done getting schooled. Seriously, study hard kid. New Big East. What a kidder.

Reaction Score
Nah, too much to do. I thought you were done getting schooled. Seriously, study hard kid. New Big East. What a kidder.

Well I proved all of your points wrong and then you pivoted to "it's never going to happen so I won't admit I'm wrong" then you said good night, and now you're just wrong again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom