Coming together | The Boneyard

Coming together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We didnt start well but you can tell Geno work them hard. They improved each play and looked like UConn is suppose to look. Great passing, great flow, good chemistry. This may be Heathers break out game she looked very confident. This is big for UConn. Tiffany looked like and AA tonight. A totally different team late in the first half and second half. As the game went on it was great watching. We will see tomorrow but it looks like they turned the corner. Needless to say I like what I saw in the seond half. BTW did you notice Kelly very nice game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i was psyched to see heather's numbers. i'm so confused about her - not in a bad way, but hearing about her frustration at not getting in vs. Stanford, and it appearing that she was well behind Kiah on the depth chart. then she goes out and plays 17 minutes tonite, has 8 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block - and Kiah only played 11 minutes. either way i think it's fantastic for UCONN to have 2 reliable bigs off the bench.

seeing Kelly finally break out of her slump - apparently she does not find scoring beneath her (i can't believe a UCONN fan actually said that about her - pretty disgraceful). and if not for some late long bombs by Buffalo, they wouldn't have even scored 30. nice job UCONN!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Agree with both of you. Looks like Heather may have final "got it." I certainly hope so.

The offense tonight looked more fluid and under control. The guards did a very good job of moving the ball and getting those entry passes into the post. A lot less dribbling tonight by the guards. Opposing coaches are going to have to figure out what Uconn player is going to light it up on any given night - Tiff, Bria, Kaleena or Stef.

Kelly finally started to hit her shots!!!

And I like the "twins towers" on the floor. What a great option to have.

Defense started slow but then clamped down hard on Buffalo. Really banging the boards tonight on both ends.

Tomorrow night will be a tougher test with Dayton.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Maybe we should let Kelly continue to start, at least for now. ;)

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
What a difference a day makes. Still some sloppy play, but they looked a LOT better. And especially Tiffany and Kelly.

Reaction Score
Heather was where she was supposed to be and gave out quick, accurate passes or went to the hoop without hesitation. She and Stef or Kiah gives Uconn the height they will need in the future.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i was psyched to see heather's numbers. i'm so confused about her - not in a bad way, but hearing about her frustration at not getting in vs. Stanford, and it appearing that she was well behind Kiah on the depth chart. then she goes out and plays 17 minutes tonite, has 8 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block - and Kiah only played 11 minutes. either way i think it's fantastic for UCONN to have 2 reliable bigs off the bench.

seeing Kelly finally break out of her slump - apparently she does not find scoring beneath her (i can't believe a UCONN fan actually said that about her - pretty disgraceful). and if not for some late long bombs by Buffalo, they wouldn't have even scored 30. nice job UCONN!
She was, also, in the game before Kiah last night.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And I like the "twins towers" on the floor. What a great option to have.

And Geno has used all three combinations on the floor this year.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
She was, also, in the game before Kiah last night.

Wouldn't everyone agree that last night's game was probably Heather Buck's best game ever at UConn? Something we've been waiting for for a long time. She always looks a little awkward, but this time she looked like she had confidence and determination. I don't remember ever seeing that before for such an extended period of time.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wouldn't everyone agree that last night's game was probably Heather Buck's best game ever at UConn? Something we've been waiting for for a long time. She always looks a little awkward, but this time she looked like she had confidence and determination. I don't remember ever seeing that before for such an extended period of time.
More than that it is the best stretch of games she has ever played. She has been solid in her last four appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom