Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
She didn't play last season.
Had back surgery on Jan. 10, 2022.
Was using a cane a year ago.
But she's come back stronger than ever.
⚠️
Averaging career highs with 13.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game this season.

1674588941796.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
+100. Aubrey went from a great athlete to a great basketball player. Seeing her play with such a high level of confidence has been fantastic. Both she and Aaliyah for that matter. But i know this thread is about Aubrey. So happy for her and excited for her future!!!

Reaction Score
Not quite as great an athlete as Gabby was, but unquestionably a greater offensive threat. I know Aaliyah has really emerged this year, but Aubrey is my favorite, and definitely the CPOY.
For sure. She is such a weapon. A good dose of confidence in her outside shooting is all that is needed. She can shoot a pull up jumper and has but that should be happening 3 times a game at a minimum.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She didn't play last season.
Had back surgery on Jan. 10, 2022.
Was using a cane a year ago.
But she's come back stronger than ever.
⚠️
Averaging career highs with 13.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game this season.

View attachment 83395
Absolutely!!! ;) It's such a pleasure to watch 21 year old (born in 2002) Aubrey who looks nothing like 18 year Aubrey did.

1674612041396.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
+100. Aubrey went from a great athlete to a great basketball player. Seeing her play with such a high level of confidence has been fantastic. Both she and Aaliyah for that matter. But i know this thread is about Aubrey. So happy for her and excited for her future!!!
Nice
She kept at it and is now a UCONN girl

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One thing that I really like about Aubrey this season is that she has learned how to move on offense: setting screens, cutting to the basket, passing, flashing out to the arc or attacking the basket off the dribble. In prior years, Aubrey was indecisive at times, and that would slow UConn’s half court offense.

There was a play in yesterday’s game when Lou had the ball at the top of the key with Aubrey on the wing. Aubrey caught Lou’s eye and she exploded on a backdoor cut. Lou hit Aubrey in stride for an easy layup. That’s a play Aubrey wouldn’t be able to make a few years ago.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If Aubrey was to develope a quicker shot (take lessons from Azzi) she would be unstoppable.
Actually, if AG had a consistent pull up she'd be unstoppable. It ain't the release, it's the accuracy. Nevertheless, the way Ag's playing she's been pure gold.

Reaction Score
She adds another offensive element to the team. A fully healthy team with Paige and Ice Brady included, I don’t think UConn would’ve lost a game this year.

Reaction Score
I think the change in coaching strategy that Geno talked about in regards to Aubrey. He went from don't shoot the ball and Aubrey being scared of making a mistake to Geno telling her she had to shoot. She is finally throwing in the pull up jumper along with the 3 ball. The addition of of running flying floater is a thing of beauty to watch. Her potential for next year will be off the charts with her continued confidence in her abilities.

Reaction Score
Not quite as great an athlete as Gabby was, but unquestionably a greater offensive threat. I know Aaliyah has really emerged this year, but Aubrey is my favorite, and definitely the CPOY.
I'm really surprised to hear you
I'm stunned to hear that you could compare her favorably with Gabby .... I have to admit that she has become a better offensive player and she was always a great athlete but initially, she was horrendous on the offensive end ... she's obviously evolved and I'm very thankful of that and how she's contributed to this team, particularly after all the injuries that have plagued this team ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom