Combine List - no Larrier or Vital | The Boneyard

Combine List - no Larrier or Vital

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Me neither. In fact it was a no brainer. Honestly in mho, if there was a slight chance I would think it would be Vital in the lead. Even thought many yarders felt he had no shot, he was capable of draining three's. He did put on a few clinics. He is up and down the court like a greyhound, and has the ability to take it to the hoop. Seemed he was always involved in fast breaks. Patience CV patience. Now TL. Okay that's enough.

Reaction Score
They should just both comeback if they were any smart...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Neither player had a chance at getting an invite.

I don’t think Larrier expected it and likely has been planning on playing overseas from the start. I don’t know what Vital is thinking, but even if he comes back and plays two more years, he’s unlikely to ever see the NBA combine.

Reaction Score
The one (and only) negative about Purvis making it in the NBA is now guys think they have a shot at following the same path... I’m sure TL is blaming the system and KO behind closed doors for his college shortcomings

They both should use D Ham and Deandre Daniels as examples and leaving early and how hard it is

Reaction Score
I hope Larrier finds success overseas.
I hope CV comes back.
The risk/reward ratio of them declaring was close to zero for both of them, so why not?
The likely result of all of this is that Larrier ends up overseas, CV ends up in Storrs, and several dozen BYers spend a few minutes unbunching their panties.

Reaction Score
I don't blame Larrier for leaving. His college experience was riding the pine, sitting out, ripping up his knee and having his face bashed in. He really needed a change of scene.

Vital is a confident kid. No risk to his choice. But the was no upside either.

Reaction Score
Neither player had a chance at getting an invite.

I don’t think TL expected it and likely has been planning on playing overseas from the start. I don’t know what Vital is thinking, but even if he comes back and plays two more years, he’s unlikely to ever see the NBA combine.
Living up to your Boneyard creed there Fishy.

Reaction Score
Unless TL really needs the money and if he has his degree.
He should have transferred to a P5 team that has some proven guys who could knock down shots. He would be in huge demand on the grad transfer market. A higher profile conference wouldn’t hurt either.
He needs another year to rehab the knee in order to have any draft considerations or even to consider the rigors of trying to make a living at basketball. To make more money he needs to prove he can put it on the floor. Something that was impossible to do at UConn.
His style was never a good fit for us.
It’s very difficult to assess his career because his only full year was coming off a major injury. We really don’t know what might have been.
I heard he graduated today so he achieved with the thousand of would be NBA players fail at. Congratulations on that achievement.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
093F9F1C-8A42-48A9-AB49-D5363445F33D.gif
He lacked in athleticism this year partly due to "first year back from ACL" recovery. I wish we had him for this upcoming year if he fully trusted his body.

I don't miss his dribbling, though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just can’t help the KO mention doubt you even are giving TL an out but instead just happy to say KO sucked again.

Anyway wouldn’t matter who TL played for the guy can shoot it a little but that’s it. There a brittle guy who seemed to have lost whatever athleticism he had on the offensive end. Doesn’t like contact, can’t handle it very well at all and doesn’t like to guard anyone past the 2nd dribble. Wouldn’t matter who coached him he’s not a very good prospect even if coached by Brad Steven.

I wish him well and happy he graduated but this kid had a very forgetful UConn career and besides the knee injury rest is on him to better himself.

I was right about KO, and I was right last offseason when I predicted Larrier to be a disappointment.

Reaction Score
TL has no consistent jumper, no handle and limited basketball IQ. Other then shooting the ball his only other goal on the court seemed to want to be as far away as possible from rebounding the ball.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis:
Then there is another class of non-invited players: underclassmen who hired agents. These guys are not allowed to return to school. The list includes Louisville forwards Deng Adel and Ray Spalding, Kansas guard Lagerald Vick, UConn forward Terry Larrier, Auburn guard Mustapha Heron and Texas A&M forward DJ Hogg. I have two points to make here. First, I want to know who advised them to turn pro and sign with agents. I mean literally, I want names. Because whoever did so should never give anyone advice again.

Reaction Score
Meh, Terry was an academic Senior. He could have come back but I can’t blame him for moving on to the next stage of life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom