Columbia University | The Boneyard

Columbia University

Reaction Score

Wow! I just noticed that they have a 5-1 record against Quad 1 opponents. Wow again.

Very few top 25 teams have played 6 Quad one opponents at this point, and only a small handful - very small - have five wins. Congrats to them.

Looks like the Ivy is really making a move with Princeton and Columbia.

Reaction Score

Wow! I just noticed that they have a 5-1 record against Quad 1 opponents. Wow again.

Very few top 25 teams have played 6 Quad one opponents at this point, and only a small handful - very small - have five wins. Congrats to them.

Looks like the Ivy is really making a move with Princeton and Columbia.
Great game last night,as Columbia beat Princeton in OT. They had not beaten Princeton since 2008.

Reaction Score
Columbia plays Harvard on January 14. Both have beaten Princeton, who is now 0 - 2 in the
Ivy League. Carla Berube is now 0 -2 in the Ivy League. Columbia is 13 - 2.. Princeton is
now 8-5 overall. Danger for Princeton in making the NCAA tournament. They will
need help from other IVY league Schools. The Columbia game is an early season
decider for who is the favorite in the IVY. One Columbia player is from Azzi's old
H.S. St. John's College H.S. The Princeton player from Georgetown Prep in the D.C.rea, had
22 rebounds. 11 offensive 11 defensive. She played 4 years of lacrosse in H.S. and
also letter in Tennis, while excelling in Basketball, of course. Full disclosure, my wife
has a degree from Columbia.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Columbia plays Harvard on January 14. Both have beaten Princeton, who is now 0 - 2 in the
Ivy League. Carla Berube is now 0 -2 in the Ivy League. Columbia is 13 - 2.. Princeton is
now 8-5 overall. Danger for Princeton in making the NCAA tournament. They will
need help from other IVY league Schools. The Columbia game is an early season
decider for who is the favorite in the IVY. One Columbia player is from Azzi's old
H.S. St. John's College H.S. The Princeton player from Georgetown Prep in the D.C.rea, had
22 rebounds. 11 offensive 11 defensive. She played 4 years of lacrosse in H.S. and
also letter in Tennis, while excelling in Basketball, of course. Full disclosure, my wife
has a degree from Columbia.
Princeton can still qualify if they are one of the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season. Then they would only have to win two games in a row and they would be the auto qualifier.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Great game last night,as Columbia beat Princeton in OT. They had not beaten Princeton since 2008.
I might make a minor modification, I would call it a great result, in terms of impact on NCAA selection issues, but I watch the game, it wasn't a great game. I'm quite stunned to see that Princeton gave UConn a game. They were not very impressive.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Fear the Lions!!

logo lion GIF by Columbia University Athletics

Reaction Score
Princeton can still qualify if they are one of the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season. Then they would only have to win two games in a row and they would be the auto qualifier.
So here is a prediction: Those four teams will be: the Columbia Lions now 13 -2, 2-0,
Harvard Crimson 9- 5, AND 2- 0, U of Penna 9-5, 1- 1,. UPENN has won 8 consecutive games including
recently beating Cornell who is 8-7 and 1 - 1. Princeton Tigers should be in the mix but The BIG RED have
the edge. Brown and Dartmouth bring up the bottom of the league. My Cousin, Bill, played for
Dartmouth in the late 1970's,. Bill was 6' 5", off the bench. Time to get back to UCONN WBB!
but we will have to root for Carla and the TIGERS!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I might make a minor modification, I would call it a great result, in terms of impact on NCAA selection issues, but I watch the game, it wasn't a great game. I'm quite stunned to see that Princeton gave UConn a game. They were not very impressive.
No Dorka, Nika played 22 minutes then was injured. Is that the game Ayanna played with a jammed finger? Lou had to sit with a sore foot late in the game. Amari (25 minutes), Ines (9), and Ayanna (6) turned the ball over a combined 10 times due to being thrown into the fire unexpectedly.

Reaction Score
Back at the beginning of the season when Nova beat Princeton, I suggested that
this might be the year that Columbia wins the Ivy. Princeton might still win, but
with two losses they will need a lot of help.

Reaction Score
Agree, not a great game, but exciting finish.. Columbia played the defense that I would have expected Princeton to play.

Reaction Score
Does it violate the No game thread rule to say “they are tied at the half with Penn?”

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know everyone here on the BY knows and respects HC Carla Berube at Princeton. But HC Megan Griffith at Columbia may well be the top HC in the Ivy League. Griffith has done a wonderful job building up the Lions program over the past 7 years. Last season the Lions had a nice postseason run in the WNIT before losing a nail biter to Seton Hall in the quarterfinals.

I watched to Lions take down the Tigers last night at Princeton. Columbia plays tough man defense, pushes the ball in transition and they can shoot it from the arc. Yesterday they beat Princeton at their own game in a methodical, grind-it-out game, Columbia’s 1st win over Princeton in 15 seasons.

Reaction Score
In Penn's win over Columbia today, Jordan Obi (Choate grad, from Simsbury) had 24 pts, 13 rebs. And Yale won at Harvard (in OT) for the first time in 11 years; had a 15-point lead, then trailed by 7 with 1:50 left in regulation. Fun league to follow!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I just got home from NYC; I was hoping the Lions would have a home game while I was there, as I have several family connections with Columbia and they're having a good season.

Reaction Score
In my off-week Boneyard Poll would-be ballot, Columbia would be ranked # 10 based upon 5 QUAD ONE WINS vs 3 losses for a Quad one power rating of +2.

sun

Reaction Score
Columbia could be the best team on the planet but they don't have a player taller than 6'1".
That would make it tougher for them to beat ranked teams that have bigs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom