Collier versus Nelson-Ododa | The Boneyard

Collier versus Nelson-Ododa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we want both, or just one? And if so, which one is preferred? Looking for some opinions on this. I think Collier is more polished at the moment, but I think Nelson-Ododa has more potential (read as more athletic with the possibility of being more versatile). Nelson-Ododa appears to have the physical ability to play all three forward positions - I think CC would have some trouble playing as a wing. JMHO. Certainly not opposed to having both playing in our front court at the same time if we could get them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wish I could say something meaningful about this. But, frankly, it is such hard work for so little reward. Oh, I'm glad there are those close enough to the HS/AAU game to debate such matters and I enjoy reading them. It's just a lot of work and having to follow the Twitter etc universe of adolescent .... I think it was the Oregon coach who said last year: GENO doesn't get them all, but he gets the ones he wants. The ones he gets ... that's a high character program. They don't tolerate a lot of nonsense.

If Geno wants both, I want both.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'll be curious to see where things land when the recruiting sites update and expand their 2018 rankings, which I would think should be happening soon now that AAU is done and home visit season is approaching.

Here are their most recent Hoopgurlz evals, both from July AAU tournaments-

Agile front court prospect defends the block, competes on glass, rebounds and initiates in uptempo; interior footwork with an improving post game arsenal.

Superior mobility, length, wingspan, shot blocking presence; explosive leaper, defends out of area; offensive arsenal continues to emerge; emerging as one of the elite prospects in the class of 2018.

The first one is Collier. The second one is Nelson-Ododa. He sounds more effusive about Nelson-Ododa to me (words like "superior" "explosive" and "elite") but Collier is ranked #1 and Nelson-Ododa is #13.

HGN

Reaction Score
This is really mislabeled............Instead of 'Collier versus Odoba' , this is more about coaching than anything else. Both players are potentially great , but it will boil down to which player decides that they can better develop under
a certain coach. Make the wrong choice and that player will potentially not get much better. Make the right choice and that player could be the next college super star. It's like choosing coach Joe or Coach Auriemma.
Some coaches know how to develop young talent and some just don't know..........................UCONN and Coach Geno know.

So IMHO it doesn't matter which one we get or both. Geno could , or will , turn them into a Stewie, Tina or Dolson . Depends upon how hard they are willing to work and how well they take to coaching.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The signing of Camara changed my thinking, don't see where we would have room for both. That would make the PF position awful crowded-Stevens, Irwin, Camara, Collier & Nelson-Ododa. Among these 5 only Stevens graduates the year after.

Reaction Score
These two players seem to remind people in the know of Tina Charles and Azura Stevens.The favorite would depend on which player Geno would seem to need based on the other players he has on the team.Certainly can't go wrong either way.Both will be major contributors when they arrive in Storrs.Well we can hope anyway,and i could see them both on the floor at the same time given their respective skillsets.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You guys take Nelson-ODohDa...Baylor will take Collier...and NaLyssa Smith and Queen Egbo.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We dont know who is in the pipeline. Stevens and Camara were both surprises to many and thus why Geno didnt continue with some other recruits. Looking ahead it will be Genos decision based on everything we dont know.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
We dont know who is in the pipeline. Stevens and Camara were both surprises to many and thus why Geno didnt continue with some other recruits. .

Difference between transfers and high school players. We have an idea of who UConn is recruiting or at least looking at.

Reaction Score
CqFuuxeUMAAoTNn.jpg

CqFuuz0UMAAH_2f.jpg

2 retweets21 likes

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Azura Stevens could play on the wing if need be **wink wink**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online