Collier -- Travel, or No Travel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Collier -- Travel, or No Travel

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In the NBA, you can make 1 dribble from half court, and go in for a layup.

The rule is when you pick up your dribble, you can take 2 (TWO) steps then release the ball. LeBron and many others regularly take 3, and it's seldom called. :eek: But, it's only traveling if they call it. :D

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
After watching it in slow-mo. I still say it's not a travel. I have never seen a person complete a spin move then take a jumper without "replanting" their feet (if the replanting is what technically causes it to be a travel). That would be called a pirouette, which I don't think they do in WCBB. If you're dribbling more than once while trying to complete a spin move then there was no reason to do one in the first place. It would completely defeat the purpose of the move altogether.

Since we are talking about spin moves... anyone remember this travel?

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Travel or No travel.So Uconn wins by 59pts. I don't think ECU is going to feel any better about the loss. :rolleyes:
The travel was called and the basket didn't count, if it had we would have won by 63 points.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I see a small difference. Crystal spins off her left foot, keeping it basically on the floor, and then takes 2 steps. I think that is good. Pheesa lifts the foot that she spins off of just slightly and replants it. I think that's why it was called. In real time, it looked good.

Reaction Score
I thought the ref was awfully quick to make that call considering there were some traveling going on by the Pirates.

Reaction Score
Whether or not it's a travel or not is determined by when you believe her dribble stopped. IMO it is not a travel, because when she stopped her dribble, she went left foot, right foot, shoot.

In real time it is very hard to determine the position of her feet when her dribble stopped. What gets me is that the Ref that made the call is actually behind her and has no way of knowing when her dribble stop. The Ref that was right beside her had the best angle and he did not make the call.

Reaction Score
It looks like she started with her right foot as her pivot and switched to her left foot for a pivot on the spin move. She needed a dribble with the spin move for it not to be a travel.
I'm with you. Looked like a travel to me.

Reaction Score
There was actually another drive by Collier without a spin that should have been called a travel as well. It wasn't and the points counted; but, I rewatched it twice and saw three steps. Can't remember what part of the game as it's now deleted. Did anybody else notice this one? It was a drive down the left side of the lane...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My younger brother umps college baseball. He once told me the story of missing a call at second base. The manger came firing out of the dugout screaming. My brother told him, "you know I missed the all. I know I missed the call. But, the umpire called him out." The manager calmed down and said yup as he walked back to the dugout.

The ref called it a travel. So officially its a travel.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Travel...no travel...I come out on the side of no travel..
But later in the game, there was a move by Z from the baseline that looked like she took four steps before she scored and nothing was called.

I yelled travel at the TV to no avail.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Travel...no travel...I come out on the side of no travel..
But later in the game, there was a move by Z from the baseline that looked like she took four steps before she scored and nothing was called.

I yelled travel at the TV to no avail.
With Z it’s really an optical illusion. Her long legs allow her to cover so much ground with a single stride you just figure she’s got to be traveling. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I was at the ECU game close to the floor. Maybe we are the new ND and Tennessee. We got the better end of most (but not all) close calls.
It's about time that the refs realized we are the big dogs and shouldn't lose to lower level teams. :D Actually, I think UCONN's pace makes it difficult for refs to call a good game. Seeing them up close, I was even more impressed by how quick they are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom