Collier, Samuelson among 15 Wooden finalists | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Collier, Samuelson among 15 Wooden finalists

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kaila Charles-not even sure your the best player on your own team

That leaves Anigwe, Collier, Durr, Gustafson, Ionsescu, Samuelson and Shepard.
Humbly submitted-:rolleyes:
You could say the same thing about Collier AND Samuelson. Hmmmm? (just sayin')

Arike-see Sophie above

And I think you could say the same thing about Ogunbowale. If I were drafting off of ND, I'd go Young, Shepard and then Ogunbowale.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That’s Your opinion I’d disagree.
I think not only do most on this board agree Arike is a better player but so would almost any college or USA Basketball coach. How many national teams has Sophie made or even been invited to?

Plus I am not convinced Sophie could handle the Momba like Arike did!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
After watching quite a few games this weekend and because this IS a UConn board, I think the player that plays every foot of the court as well and seemingly as effortlessly as any of the top players was/is Pheesa!!!! Hands down.

Yes, I said it - she plays every foot of the court and, I might add, never took a second off when on the court.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
After watching Sophie play A LOT of basketball, I honestly believe she is the better player vs Arike, who benefits tremendously from the talent surrounding her.

Sophie got nearly all of Miss State's best defensive attention Saturday, with Danberry and Anriel guarding her, and she still put up 33 of Mizzou's 56 points.

She is the only thing separating MSU from a 31-1 record and a #2 overall seed in the NCAA tourney.
In regards to Sophie vs Arike and who is better, before jumping into the fray, I want to be sure that you all are referring to their "dirty" play, right?

Reaction Score
I think not only do most on this board agree Arike is a better player but so would almost any college or USA Basketball coach. How many national teams has Sophie made or even been invited to?

She doesn't play defense and has poor sportsmanship.....not a first rounder....

Reaction Score
I am almost more convinced to say Gufstason is my front runner with Collier and Sabrina

I don't see how Gustafson doesn't get PoY.....Her stats this year are phenomenal as well as the best.

Reaction Score
After watching quite a few games this weekend and because this IS a UConn board, I think the player that plays every foot of the court as well and seemingly as effortlessly as any of the top players was/is Pheesa!!!! Hands down.

Yes, I said it - she plays every foot of the court and, I might add, never took a second off when on the court.

Gustafson and Pheesa are my choices as PoY.......maybe co-PoY?

I'd give the edge to Gustafson.....

Sabrina will probably get it because of the triple double thing which is unfortunate.

Reaction Score
Some superb analysis here! I'm really impressed. We might eliminate Ionescu for losing the Pac-12 title game. Same for Asia Durr.

I'm guessing it will come down to three players: Kalani Brown, Teaira McCowan, and Napheesa.

Given that Baylor beat UConn by a significant margin, and then won their conference championship, ending the season top-ranked, I'm guessing that Brown will win it. But #2 or @3 for Napheesa isn't all that bad!

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Some superb analysis here! I'm really impressed. We might eliminate Ionescu for losing the Pac-12 title game. Same for Asia Durr.

I'm guessing it will come down to three players: Kalani Brown, Teaira McCowan, and Napheesa.

Given that Baylor beat UConn by a significant margin, and then won their conference championship, ending the season top-ranked, I'm guessing that Brown will win it. But #2 or @3 for Napheesa isn't all that bad!
I don't think that Brown is even the best player on her team.
And Brown didn't even win her Conference POY, so...

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I think Sabrina wins it. If not, then possibly Gustafson, Collier or Durr.

McCowan has had a good year and is a load for anybody MSU plays, but probably not NPOY worthy.

Reaction Score

I agree with You.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I think Sabrina wins it. If not, then possibly Gustafson, Collier or Durr.

McCowan has had a good year and is a load for anybody MSU plays, but probably not NPOY worthy.
I was in 100% Sabrina mode until they lost to Oregon State. Then I was only 70% a believer. Then KLS went down and Pheesa stepped up big for the 1st two games of this championship and I became 50/50. Then Oregon lost to Stanford and Pheesa just put on a clinic in front of a NATIONAL audience on TV. Now I am 100% PHEESA!!!!! :);):p:D:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
These people saying Durr should win it. I don’t think so. I don’t think Durr is a better player then Arike it’s very close between the two tho. But I’d give the award to Collier.

Reaction Score
I was in 100% Sabrina mode until they lost to Oregon State. Then I was only 70% a believer. Then KLS went down and Pheesa stepped up big for the 1st two games of this championship and I became 50/50. Then Oregon lost to Stanford and Pheesa just put on a clinic in front of a NATIONAL audience on TV. Now I am 100% PHEESA!!!!! :);):p:D:rolleyes:
Oregon State is a very good defensive club. Sabrina has certainly been struggling from the floor a little, but the level of competition she sees isn’t even in the same ball park as what Napheesa goes up against. In the months of February and March, Napheesa has seen one top-25 team and Ionescu has seen seven. That is a pretty big difference.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She doesn't play defense and has poor sportsmanship.....not a first rounder....

Not necessarily a negative for the WNBA. ;)

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Oregon State is a very good defensive club. Sabrina has certainly been struggling from the floor a little, but the level of competition she sees isn’t even in the same ball park as what Napheesa goes up against. In the months of February and March, Napheesa has seen one top-25 team and Ionescu has seen seven. That is a pretty big difference.
Woe, woe, woe. Don't get too carried away on the PAC12. Oregon did lose to Mich St at full strength. Stanford has its ups and downs. Oregon is challenged to score at times-or most times. It's not like it's murderers row out there. I would love to face Oregon in any of the rounds-Regional Final, Semi-Final or Championship Final. Ruthy Hebard is NOT stopping Pheesa. Ionsecu will have to flaming hot from 3 point land, something she hasn't been for a while now. So let's see how this plays out.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Woe, woe, woe. Don't get too carried away on the PAC12. Oregon did lose to Mich St at full strength. Stanford has its ups and downs. Oregon is challenged to score at times-or most times. It's not like it's murderers row out there. I would love to face Oregon in any of the rounds-Regional Final, Semi-Final or Championship Final. Ruthy Hebard is NOT stopping Pheesa. Ionsecu will have to flaming hot from 3 point land, something she hasn't been for a while now. So let's see how this plays out.
Uh, UConn has played 3 top 50 RPI teams since January - UCF x2 and South Carolina. Oregon has faced 9. And Oregon is the top scoring team in the nation despite that - yes, scoring higher than UConn. So if Oregon is challenged to score at times, UConn must have a pretty mediocre offense too. I'm not arguing Oregon is a better team than UConn, and I'm not arguing that Pheesa doesn't deserve it over Ionescu, but it's a heck of a lot easier to look like LeBron every game when you're playing the little sisters of the poor, and even with the reduced competition, UConn has been posting weaker offensive numbers than Oregon has.

ETA to add: Collier was 6-18 for 16 points in UConn's loss to Baylor; against a top defense, she becomes human real quick too, just like Ionescu has for some recent games. Who you play definitely affects how you look.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom