Collier in Minnesota | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No dispute here. But All-Star selection should be based on current season performance, not reputation or previous years.
That’s fair. But it’s hard to ignore what veteran players like Candace Parker have done and are capable of. To be perfectly honest I thought players had to play a certain number of games to be considered for the All-Star game, but clearly I was wrong since Seimone Augustus and Diana Taurasi are on the voting site.

Reaction Score
No dispute here. But All-Star selection should be based on current season performance, not reputation or previous years.
Tell that to Shoni Shimmel fans when she was in the W. All-star selection should be soooo many things. But at the end of the day it incorporates fan voting. Fans do not think logically, but they are the consumers. Candace has a lot of fans, she is going to be an All-Star.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nice write-up about Napheesa on the Lynx website:

Collier’s Contributions

Not a game goes by that Napheesa Collier doesn’t make several plays that help swing things in the Lynx’s favor. She has been absolutely incredible for them. While she doesn’t always score— her shot was a bit off and she scored just six points—she never lets that prevent her from playing winning basketball.

Collier had 11 rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks, playing up a position at the power forward spot. Being guarded by more physical players is part of the difficulty of moving up a position, but she’s not giving up an inch on defense. Jessica Breland and Brittney Sykes (Atlanta’s starting forwards) were held to just 14 combined points and a lot of that had to do with Collier. (...)

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Lynx came up with an easy way to vote for Collier for the All Star game.

That actually works for any player you type into Google.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Nice write-up about Napheesa on the Lynx website:

Collier’s Contributions
. . .
Collier had 11 rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks, playing up a position at the power forward spot. Being guarded by more physical players is part of the difficulty of moving up a position, but she’s not giving up an inch on defense. Jessica Breland and Brittney Sykes (Atlanta’s starting forwards) were held to just 14 combined points and a lot of that had to do with Collier. (...)

But . . . but she’s too small to be a power forward in the WNBA. :p

She got some great rebounds — seeing that long arm come up out of the scrum was just like old times.

Reaction Score
Game of the day!
Lynx @ Sun - 7/06/19
Uncasville, CT - 2:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2, TSN (Pam Ward, LaChina Robinson, Cynthia Cooper)

Stream:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Fun sequence there where Tuck hit a 3 over Collier and then Pheesa returned the favor.

Minnesota and Seattle are the walking MASH units. Minnesota has Augustus, Shepard, Christmas-Kelly and now Dantas all out with injury.

Reaction Score
Fun sequence there where Tuck hit a 3 over Collier and then Pheesa returned the favor.

Minnesota and Seattle are the walking MASH units. Minnesota has Augustus, Shepard, Christmas-Kelly and now Dantas all out with injury.

They've got two injury replacement players, Asia Taylor and Kenisha Bell. Definitely not as good as who they replaced.

Reaction Score
cooperswoopes.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
MN wins 72-69. Sims carried the Lynx in the 4Q with a number of clutch medium range shots.

Reaction Score
74-71 MIN final

Minnesota snaps Connecticut's 14-game home win streak.

lynxboxfinal.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacob's has a very nice impressive article on Naphessa

Jeff Jacobs: Low-key Collier is typically efficient in WNBA

Some of the best quotes I have seen . There is alot more.

“Napheesa is one of a kind,” Fowles said. “She makes my job easy. She wants to get it right. She wants to be the best. She didn’t have any growing pains as a rookie.”

Collier, drafted sixth overall, is the rookie with more votes than any other in the WNBA All-Star voting, ninth overall.

She is the UConn player with the most votes.

“I’m really thankful to all the fans and all the support I’ve been getting from everyone,” Collier said. “It’s a real honor.”

“The appeal of drafting a player from certain schools is that you know there is a certain standard,” Reeve said. “There’s that mediocrity thing that people get really comfortable with. When you have a player way above, it’s an easy fit for our franchise. I think she appreciates being pushed. And I appreciate Geno pushed her hard. I think I look easy compared to Geno.”

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Collier was guarding Jonquel Jones, and Fowles was on Alyssa Thomas, most of the game. I was wondering what Coach Reeve was thinking, but then neither Jones nor Thomas had a great game, and Minnesota won. So whatever her thought process, it worked.

A rookie is giving up 4-5 inches to a vet holds her to 5 points on 2-10 shooting? That’s some rookie. I’ll bet next time, Collier doesn’t get blocked by Jones three times, either.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
What a fine ambassador for UCONNWBB. Thanks the fans, says they are great, is so excited to be nominated. Not one mention of herself! Great kid from a great family and a great basketball program. Thanks, Pheesa.:D

What parent wouldn’t be max-proud of her? What fan of the Huskies isn’t pulling for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom