Collier in Minnesota | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
68D47671-E4C9-4BF9-AC67-E9D7FF3AA9E0.png

Reaction Score
Meanwhile in Chicago, Lou just posted on her Instagram stories and she already has a black eye on her third day there. Contact always seems to find her face smh.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Meanwhile in Chicago, Lou just posted on her Instagram stories and she already has a black eye on her third day there. Contact always seems to find her face smh.
link?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I’ll make you a deal. I’ll post that story for you if you start your own thread. This is Collier thread. I’m repping Collier only in this thread. ;)

Seems like your beef is with @Britt87 for changing the subject. I just was trying to help out because I know not everyone around these parts is super proficient in the ways of IG.

We’ll all be okay.

Reaction Score
The problem with Sparks for Lou is that she might cost her sister a job. She has Gabby in Chicago and it's a team on the build. Minnesota is a good fit for Pheesa and if I were her father, more likely grandfather, the distance to Mpls is short enough to drive (I live in the west--Colorado--so our definition of a short drive might not match yours). Lou's dad may rack of frequent flyer miles.

Reaction Score
Oh, sorry for derailing your thread OP. It was just the first WNBA thread I saw and I didn't want to make a thread for Lou's black eye.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
There's a story on the Lynx website:

I had no idea there were only four returning players:

"Reeve was upfront in saying that there will be a learning curve, after all there are only four returning players from last season. However, it’s a bright, competitive group, and they are anchored by the always-solid Seimone Augustus, Sylvia Fowles and Danielle Robinson."

From Sylvia Fowles:

“These girls are amazing; it feels good to actually have some people that we can run with. These young legs, fresh out of college, I’m liking the process of just keeping up which is good for me because I like to run. They out here doing their thing and they’re making the coaches’ job real hard about who they are going to pick for the season.”

Given that there are only four returning from last year's roster, I'm not as sure about my earlier remark that they'll be competitive this season, but I still think with Collier, Shepard, Karima, Lexie Brown et al., they will be.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The most important words are Sylvia's. They'll take their lumps this year but hopefully they build a base that will serve them into the future.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There's a story on the Lynx website:

I had no idea there were only four returning players:

"Reeve was upfront in saying that there will be a learning curve, after all there are only four returning players from last season. However, it’s a bright, competitive group, and they are anchored by the always-solid Seimone Augustus, Sylvia Fowles and Danielle Robinson."

From Sylvia Fowles:

“These girls are amazing; it feels good to actually have some people that we can run with. These young legs, fresh out of college, I’m liking the process of just keeping up which is good for me because I like to run. They out here doing their thing and they’re making the coaches’ job real hard about who they are going to pick for the season.”

Given that there are only four returning from last year's roster, I'm not as sure about my earlier remark that they'll be competitive this season, but I still think with Collier, Shepard, Karima, Lexie Brown et al., they will be.

Normally, the Lynx roster is one of the hardest rosters in the league to make for rookies and free agents. With only 4 returning players in camp, there's plenty of openings this year. A lot easier than in years past. We know that Collier, Lexie Brown and Shepard are keepers. ;) I don't believe Reeve will be able to keep Collier on the bench for long periods of time.

“This is the most new-ness we’ve had since my first camp in 2010… There’s going to be a lot more teaching,” Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve said after practice. “Things that were just a well-oiled machine, I could say something and people knew what I was talking about, this group has no clue.” :eek:

[WNBA 2018 Rule Book]

2019 MINNESOTA LYNX TRAINING CAMP ROSTER - (7 rookies in camp)
NoPlayerPosBirthdateCollege/FromYrs
0Karima Christmas-KellyF09/11/1989Duke/USA8
1Odyssey SimsG07/13/1992Baylor/USA5
2Erlana LarkinsF04/02/1986North Carolina/USA9
3Danielle RobinsonG05/10/1989Oklahoma/USA7
4Lexie BrownG10/27/1994Duke/USA1
5Taylor EmeryG08/26/1997Virginia Tech/USAR
7Shao TingF12/10/1989ChinaR
8Cierra DillardG05/08/1996Buffalo/USAR
9Cecilia Zandalasini*F03/16/1996Italy2
10Jessica ShepardF09/11/1996Notre Dame/USAR
12Jillian AlleyneF09/08/1994Oregon/USAR
14Temi Fagbenle*C09/08/1992USC/USA2
15Kenisha BellG05/25/1996Minnesota/USAR
20Kelsey Griffin^F07/02/1987Nebraska/USA5
23Maya Moore^F06/11/1989Connecticut/USA8
24Napheesa CollierF09/23/1996Connecticut/USAR
33Seimone AugustusG04/30/1984Louisiana State/USA13
34Sylvia FowlesC10/06/1985Louisiana State/USA11
92Damiris DantasF11/17/1992Brazil4

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Normally, the Lynx roster is one of the hardest rosters in the W. to make for rookies and free agents. With only 4 returning players in camp, there's 8 openings this year.

The “4” must be the returning players in camp NOW. Not sure where that number came from.
They would be
Robinson
Augustus
Fowles
Larkins - She was a fill-in player last year that stuck because Brunson had a season-ending injury. Not sure she survives the whole season this year.

But there’s two players from last season that are arriving late from overseas obligations.
They would be
Fagbenle
Zandalisini
Both are locks.

There’s also returning players from previous seasons
Dantas (2014-2015), a lock... might be starter
Shao Ting (2017 camp), not sure how she’ll do

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The “4” must be the returning players in camp NOW. Not sure where that number came from.
They would be
Robinson
Augustus
Fowles
Larkins - She was a fill-in player last year that stuck because Brunson had a season-ending injury. Not sure she survives the whole season this year.

But there’s two players from last season that are arriving late from overseas obligations.
They would be
Fagbenle
Zandalisini
Both are locks.

There’s also returning players from previous seasons
Dantas (2014-2015), a lock... might be starter
Shao Ting (2017 camp), not sure how she’ll do

I can't wait to see how Collier performs in her first regular season game on May 25 vs the Sky. 14/8 would not surprise me.

Reaction Score
“This is the most new-ness we’ve had since my first camp in 2010… There’s going to be a lot more teaching,” Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve said after practice. “Things that were just a well-oiled machine, I could say something and people knew what I was talking about, this group has no clue.”:eek:

And Pheesa will think to herself where have I heard that line before ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wonder if Pheesa will earn a starting spot? I know the W is super competitive, but with only 4 returning players, who starts?

Fowles of course. Augustus as well. Is Brunson injured? Maybe Robinson, Christmas and Pearson/Collier?

Reaction Score
Reeve mentions “Pheese” early on in this vid. Includes her in the list of “3’s”. At this point, it looks like they’re using her to back up Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom