Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More follow up on the Lynx

Three Observations From The Lynx's Win Over The Aces - Minnesota Lynx

This analysis is to the point. :D

At the center of this transformation sit Napheesa Collier and Danielle Robinson who have both come on extremely strong in the last few games. Robinson scored 23—a Lynx career high for her—and Collier added 23 of her own. While it wasn’t expected coming into the season, Collier scoring 20+ points is no longer a surprise. She is so strong inside that she can easily dominant small forwards in the post, and her outside shooting has only improved as the season has gone on. The biggest difference in Collier lately is her being able to put the two together and drive the ball into the paint from the perimeter. That was always going to be the last thing to come as she transitioned to the three from the four spot she played in college, but now that she has added that element to her game it has brought out a whole new side of Minnesota’s offensive attack.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some people thought that Pheesa's game didn't translate to the next level. They said she's too small to play the 4 and not a good enough shooter to play the 3. But she out-runs and out-works the opponent. She scores inside because she moves and gets just enough space to get her shot off. She does what she need to do to be successful. I'm not surprised.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pheesa pre game mini-interview.

I like her attitude expressed multiple times how much more comfortable she feels when seeing a team for a 2nd or 3rd time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Bit of a dilemma for UConn fans today. Do they pull for Minnesotra and Collier, or Chicago and their trio of Huskies? Or just root for all the UConn alums and never mind the scoreboard?

Minny trying to pass Seattle for the #6 seed, and Chicago could be anywhere between 3-5 depending on various games.

Reaction Score
Sky @ Lynx - 8/27/19
Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: None

ESPN stream:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Reaction Score
70-68 CHI end of third

Collier 13 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I understand the Lynx wanted to pound the inside, but I was surprised how they used Pheesa in the 4th quarter - go over to the far corner and stand there. The 4th was generally pretty ugly.

Reaction Score
I understand the Lynx wanted to pound the inside, but I was surprised how they used Pheesa in the 4th quarter - go over to the far corner and stand there. The 4th was generally pretty ugly.
Worked pretty well for them though. They outscored Chicago 25-15 (the most they won a quarter by) and it was their second highest scoring quarter.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
When I saw Collier play as a junior in high school I thought she looked like a future pro. Glad to know I got something right.

She made two plays tonight that only a select few pros make: a fadeaway jumper after contact, and a step-through, up-and-under off the dribble for a basket.

Reaction Score
DB9D1DF0-DC9D-4A12-903D-FFF1550B52B6.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Not only was the block fun to watch but came at a critical time of the game with the Lynx up 77-75 and Lou going in for the tie.

Surprised Lou did not playfully horse collar Phessa and give her a Nuggy. after that. ;)

Sylvia Fowles’ Season High Leads Lynx To Victory, Ninth Straight Playoff Appearance - Minnesota Lynx

'The highlight of the night was a chase-down block by Collier on her best friend Katie Lou Samuelson halfway through the fourth quarter. That block got the crowd going before a Sims three lit them on fire'

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Also a few more Napheesa compliments (unsolicited) at 4:14 mark.

The reporter has to work on his pronunciation of Naphessa (not Napheesha :eek:)
They must of heard it from the student section where they would scream PHEEEEEEEEEEEESA after she would block the other teams shot.:cool::cool::cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They must of heard it from the student section where they would scream PHEEEEEEEEEEEESA after she would block the other teams shot.:cool::cool::cool:

A few Geno PHEESA moments would clear things up for the reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom