Collier has Huskies on a roll | The Boneyard

Collier has Huskies on a roll

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Incarnate grad helps UCONN jump out to a 4-0 start to season.

So much for a letdown. Incarnate Word product Napheesa Collier and her Connecticut teammates have quickly dismissed the rumors about the Huskies possibly having lost their edge after last spring's stunning 66-64 overtime loss to Mississippi State in the semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
Granted, that defeat ended a 111-game win streak and denied the Huskies a chance of winning a fifth straight national title, but Collier vowed that that would not be the end of a dynasty - rather, just a blip on the radar. there remains much more to accomplish.
"Coming off last year, I knew I had a lot more in me," Collier told the Hartford Courant. "So I worked really hard in the summer to get better and stronger." Four games into this season, it's pretty much mission accomplished for Collier, a 6-foot-4 junior, and the rest of the Huskies. ( I did not know she had grown 3 inches since last season) UCONN is 4-0 and ranked No. 1 after a 78-60 win at No. 5 UCLA on Tuesday, a game in which Collier played all 40 minutes and scored team-high 23 points.
Collier came of the bench as a freshman while playing through a hip injury, but she blossomed last season and was among the best offensive players in the country. She averaged a team best 20.4 points and 9.1 rebounds and was third in the nation in field goal percentage (678).
"I think she's just coming to grips now with how good she can be," UCONN associate head coach Chris Dailey said. "Nothing fazes her. She doesn't get really high or really low. She usually has a plan, and works hard on being good."

This is from an article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch this morning. I don't know how to post a link so I wrote it.
I have no idea why the article listed her as 6'4".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Usually the mods don't let you copy and paste a complete article. We can only take sections of it and post it in our threads. the way you post a link is to type in the name you want for the link:

Then you highlight the words you just typed in, click on the "paper clip" at the top of your post (next to Bold, Italics, Underline, etc), then paste the URL link into the window that comes up, hit <enter> and voila!!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the article.

It refers to "rumors about the Huskies possibly having lost their edge".

Guess I didn't get the memo. What rumors, and if so who was spreading them?

Think we all knew they were gonna come back with a whole lotta edge!

Also, "St. Louisan" - new one on me.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks for the article.

It refers to "rumors about the Huskies possibly having lost their edge".

Guess I didn't get the memo. What rumors, and if so who was spreading them?

Think we all knew they were gonna come back with a whole lotta edge!

The author has been reading the Baylor board.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Usually the mods don't let you copy and paste a complete article. We can only take sections of it and post it in our threads. the way you post a link is to type in the name you want for the link:

Then you highlight the words you just typed in, click on the "paper clip" at the top of your post (next to Bold, Italics, Underline, etc), then paste the URL link into the window that comes up, hit <enter> and voila!!
Thank you. I was wondering about that and now I know not to do it again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom