Collier & Dangerfield star against Liberty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Collier & Dangerfield star against Liberty

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thought this quote was interesting by Reeve

“That was the conversation, more than anything,” Reeve said. “I wanted her to feel free to do anything she wanted to do. If that meant five threes, eight threes? I was going to trust everything she was doing. I also told her about great players making teammates better. How many times did she kick it out? Every part of her game was good tonight.”
Was that about Dangerfield or Collier?

Reaction Score
Meg looked better to me. Made 2 3pt shots and shot confidently even when she missed. Kia Stokes had a 3pt shot but otherwise, not much. And Kia Nurse cant shoot a basket into the ocean and it is forcing her to be more reckless driving to the basket. Tough to watch but I am sure she will shoot herself out of it.
Facts I agree with everything you said. And why do Kiah rather take a 3 pointer then go in the post and try a much easier shot. That’s not her game for the fact she isn’t a dominant post player. She don’t even look to score down low. I seen her get a offensive rebound and had a chance to go back up with the shot instead she kicks it back out. Liberty has no back to the basket type player which is hurting them.

Reaction Score
If Megan would’ve stayed she would’ve been the 2021 #1 draft pick and POY coming out of college but now she’ll just be known as a player on Sabrina Ionescu team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Really proud of Crystal. She's playing with great energy and confidence. She's got a total offensive game. She's really fun to watch. I hope she can take this fast turn around schedule and they give her some in game rest.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Megan would’ve stayed she would’ve been the 2021 #1 draft pick and POY coming out of college but now she’ll just be known as a player on Sabrina Ionescu team.

Even if she came out as a #1, what team would she be the undeniable best player? She is a complementary player. Nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
Collier 26 pts (8-15) 13 rebs 5 assts 2 steals 2 blks
Dangerfield 22 pts (9-12) 4 assts

HIGHLIGHTS: Minnesota Lynx 94 - 64 New York Liberty

No offense, but everyone stars against the NY Liberty. It is always great to see UCONN players, including Meg Walker, and the two Kia's. But the NY Liberty gets "A" for effort. They just aren't nearly talented or experienced enough at this level. It is, of course, a debacle that Ionescu suffered a season ending injury ( my opinion only ) in game three ! Hopefully, they will get the number one selection again next year. Although who that individual might be is unknown...particularly if there is no season. What a mess.

Reaction Score
Thought this quote was interesting by Reeve

“That was the conversation, more than anything,” Reeve said. “I wanted her to feel free to do anything she wanted to do. If that meant five threes, eight threes? I was going to trust everything she was doing. I also told her about great players making teammates better. How many times did she kick it out? Every part of her game was good tonight.”

"feel free to do anything...", not something that UConn players hear very often. and I think a reason why some UConn players have struggled in the WNBA, though certainly not most of them. I am amazed at the aggressiveness of Crystal; she is playing the game in a way that I never saw during her UConn years. she seemed to be overthinking the game so much of the time. she is really fun to watch these days, and she seems to be having a whole lot of fun herself.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
"feel free to do anything...", not something that UConn players hear very often. and I think a reason why some UConn players have struggled in the WNBA, though certainly not most of them. I am amazed at the aggressiveness of Crystal; she is playing the game in a way that I never saw during her UConn years. she seemed to be overthinking the game so much of the time. she is really fun to watch these days, and she seems to be having a whole lot of fun herself.

That UConn pedigree is showing through. Good on Crystal.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here is the post game presser of that Liberty game with Reeve, Phee and Crystal. Good stuff. Crystal talks about UConn and Geno as important influences.

Notice that Crystal’s feet don’t hit the floor when she sits in the interview chair.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
No offense, but everyone stars against the NY Liberty.
So Aces (8-2) "starred" against Liberty ( 78-76)? :) The killer is Nurse. I wonder if she is hurt or is there an eyesight problem..

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Really proud of Crystal. She's playing with great energy and confidence. She's got a total offensive game. She's really fun to watch. I hope she can take this fast turn around schedule and they give her some in game rest.
She got used to playing a lot of minutes at UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lynx have 3 day break. Reeve says team is on total rest for 2 days. That will get the aches out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom