Collier & Dangerfield star against Liberty | The Boneyard

Collier & Dangerfield star against Liberty

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystals Highlights. I just love how she is playing. Beautiful mid range game. always a few sweet drives (including a "walk the dog" and can hit the moonball 3. And she is playing with such joy.

At this moment, I rather have Crystal than Diamond. ;);):oops::oops:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Collier 26 pts (8-15) 13 rebs 5 assts 2 steals 2 blks
Dangerfield 22 pts (9-12) 4 assts

HIGHLIGHTS: Minnesota Lynx 94 - 64 New York Liberty

It’s always nice to see UConn alums have a great game. These ladies earned their money today, and appeared to have fun doing it.

I wonder how many of the other teams that passed on Crystal in the draft would like to have her now? Pheesa doing a little shimmy after a made 3. Who does she think she is, Steph Curry? :cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Crystals Highlights. I just love how she is playing. Beautiful mid range game. always a few sweet drives (including a "walk the dog" and can hit the moonball 3. And she is playing with such joy.

At this moment, I rather have Crystal than Diamond. ;);):oops::oops:

I looks like Crystal’s 5’5” height is not a problem in the W that a few posters predicted. She put on a “clinic” today. Odyssey Sims May have to work her way back into the lineup. Reeve is not taking Dangerfield out of the starting lineup while she is playing like this.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw and enjoyed the game today. Crystal is quickly becoming my favorite player to watch. She's using her speed and breaking ankles. In the first half, Peck said she should be considered for the ROY, given that Sabrina, Chennedy, and Satou are out with injuries. In the second half, Crystal put on a show with 17 more points, and there was further discussion. I think Julie Allemand, the slightly older Belgian PG in Indiana, is also worthy of consideration. Crystal is shooting 47/33/89 and ranks 21st in the league in scoring. She trails Carter by 3 points (in 2 more games). Here's a thought: Crystal Dangerfield could finish as the leading scorer among rookies! Not coincidentally, Minnesota is tied for 3rd place at 7-3.

Additional thought: Crystal was +28 in 29 minutes today, best on the team. That's a Stewie-type stat!

Regarding Phee, note that she shoots one 3-pointer over Kiah Stokes, and comes flying at Megan to block her 3-pointer. During the broadcast, the announcers said that Phee wants to be MVP. They did not mention which season. How about 2020? :)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How did the alums on the Liberty look?

Meg looked better to me. Made 2 3pt shots and shot confidently even when she missed. Kia Stokes had a 3pt shot but otherwise, not much. And Kia Nurse cant shoot a basket into the ocean and it is forcing her to be more reckless driving to the basket. Tough to watch but I am sure she will shoot herself out of it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw and enjoyed the game today. Crystal is quickly becoming my favorite player to watch. She's using her speed and breaking ankles. In the first half, Peck said she should be considered for the ROY, given that Sabrina, Chennedy, and Satou are out with injuries. In the second half, Crystal put on a show with 17 more points, and there was further discussion. I think Julie Allemand, the slightly older Belgian PG in Indiana, is also worthy of consideration.

Satou is back tomorrow so if she plays like she has, probably will get the nod because she is the "unicorn" pick but what Crystal is doing is inspiring. She is 5' 5" but looks 5' 3". Her creativity in the dribble and shot making is amazing. I did not think she was going to be more than a backup and thought she would be eaten alive on defense but the Lynx are good at protecting individual defenders with the 1+1/2 defense and super communication.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg looked better to me. Made 2 3pt shots and shot confidently even when she missed. Kia Stokes had a 3pt shot but otherwise, not much. And Kia Nurse cant shoot a basket into the ocean and it is forcing her to be more reckless driving to the basket. Tough to watch but I am sure she will shoot herself out of it.
Kia is playing somewhat like she plays on Team Canada. She forces the issue on almost every possession and hopes to get to the FT line. She's a good 3-point shooter when it's catch and shoot, but she's not very good off the dribble. She was 0-9 and out of control today.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeah that game was UConn on UConn crime. Lol.

Pheesa's block of Meg's corner 3 pt shot late in the game on full hustle mode. Did a number on KLS last year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice article

Money quotes

But Collier continues to shine without Fowles. The reigning WNBA Rookie of the Year tallied 21 points and 14 rebounds Thursday night in a loss to the Las Vegas Aces, a contest Fowles left early in the first quarter. Collier continued to deliver Saturday, notching 26 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. She also hit two triples and had two steals and two blocks.

“It kind of kicked me into gear seeing that Syl was out,” Collier said. “I came in with that mindset of just being as aggressive as I can, and trying to do right by her. … Just being more aggressive is huge, and shooting (long-range) shots is huge in the first place, but also knocking them down.”

Could another rookie out of UConn be set to hoist that trophy for Minnesota?

“I think she is surprising everyone,” Collier said of Dangerfield.

“She’s just really good,” Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve said. “That’s one of my most banged-up players, but you would never know it. When she’s out there between the lines, she’s hooping. It’s hard to do. It’s not like people don’t know about her at this point. She’s a starting point guard in the WNBA. … We just trust her, and obviously she played great tonight.”

Reaction Score
Great game for both Crystal and Phessa! Crystal is the real deal in this league, and is certainly surprising a lot of people, especially those who passed on her in the draft. Megan looks unsure of herself, and a bit out of shape (my wife noted that one). Nurse looked like she did as a freshman, driving aimlessly to the hoop in hopes of a foul, and throwing up bricks - what's up with that? Best part of the game was the halftime bit with Nurse, Stokes, and Zouwi B - didn't realize she from Sweeden.

Reaction Score
I mean doesn't a recruit have to look at Phee and Crystal and then contrast with Herbert-Herrigan?

Reaction Score
last year i think phee averaged 13.1ppg - who would have thought crystal would be averaging more than that in her rookie season...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I mean doesn't a recruit have to look at Phee and Crystal and then contrast with Herbert-Herrigan?

Herbert-Herrigan is a bit inconsistent and is learning her way but she had her best WNBA game last night (yes, basically garbage time but ...) and she has alot of individual talent (although Reeve did praise her pass into Collier in high/low action) . She will be a good bench player for them.

On the other hand. I think the Lynx do things that are very compatible to UConn players. Not everyone is so lucky.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thought this quote was interesting by Reeve

“That was the conversation, more than anything,” Reeve said. “I wanted her to feel free to do anything she wanted to do. If that meant five threes, eight threes? I was going to trust everything she was doing. I also told her about great players making teammates better. How many times did she kick it out? Every part of her game was good tonight.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom