Colleges requiring students to be vaccinated | The Boneyard

Colleges requiring students to be vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd imagine most schools will do this. Hopefully that means a normal year, with normal seasons for all sports. My son's school just sent an e-mail today saying they will be requiring all students and employees to be vaccinated next year. There will be religious and medical exemptions.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine most schools will do this. Hopefully that means a normal year, with normal seasons for all sports. My son's school just sent an e-mail today saying they will be requiring all students and employees to be vaccinated next year. There will be religious and medical exemptions.

Good - k-12 should do the same once approved for use with kids

Reaction Score
I wonder if they will be religious about scrutinizing religious exemptions.
I thought a bout that. May require that school to have to continue spending for additional daily/weekly testing

Reaction Score
Both my kids are at UConn next year. They have explicitly stated they will NOT require the vaccine.
Provided one or more of the vaccines achieve full approval by then, this is curious. You are required to have a number of other vaccines to attend UConn or any university. Why not this one? I had to get a meningitis vaccine while at UConn or be forced to leave.

Just today my daughter was able to get the J&J vaccine on campus. Her school is expected to require to attend in the fall.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As mentioned before these are currently experimental vaccines, not yet approved by the FDA so cannot be required. I plan to get mine. But mandates are a different thing.

Reaction Score
As mentioned before these are currently experimental vaccines, not yet approved by the FDA so cannot be required. I plan to get mine. But mandates are a different thing.
They are not experimental. The experiments concluded when they tested them on tens of thousands of people then published the data.

Reaction Score
Both my kids are at UConn next year. They have explicitly stated they will NOT require the vaccine.
Could it be a public vs. private school thing? Has anyone heard about a public school saying they will require students to be vaccinated?

Reaction Score
Then why is everyone saying they will require it? Will they get sued?

Charlie Baker just said he's fine with it.

GOV. CHARLIE BAKER appeared to have no problem on Tuesday with Northeastern University requiring students to be vaccinated by the first day of the fall semester, even though he has balked at mandating vaccinations for other populations.

The governor said many colleges and universities are considering vaccine requirements for students similar to what Northeastern announced. “It’s going to be an issue they’re all going to talk about,” he said, adding that students should get vaccinated.

I'm all for colleges requiring it. I know what my kids have gone through the last year and I don't want to see it again. If you don't want to get vaccinated then stay home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Could it be a public vs. private school thing? Has anyone heard about a public school saying they will require students to be vaccinated?
I think the last thread about this was Rutgers saying they'd require it

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Then why is everyone saying they will require it? Will they get sued?

I'm all for colleges requiring it. I know what my kids have gone through the last year and I don't want to see it again. If you don't want to get the vaccine then stay home.

Yes. They will get sued unless the FDA approves them. That’s unlikely by fall.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

gold, jerry, gold. blown away. or, all things a very, very few of us were talking aboot here 15 months ago. things, even very important things, just take time before they are widely understood. sigh. why do the scandanavians understand so well, and their public health authorities act accordingly, on the natural truth of latitude 35 degrees? sigh. at least now, a vitamin d profile is a highly recommended first protocol for hospital admitted covid patients. the Ivermectin mention was news for me. thanks.
on the udder hand - well, needless devastation everywhere, particularly affecting the youth.
Overall Spring College Enrollments Down Nearly 3% Nationwide, According to Early Data - Clearinghouse Today Blog (studentclearinghouse.org)
almost 600,000, so far, with especially large losses for public 2 year colleges, have left.
once again, the poor get screwed.

Reaction Score
Yes. They will get sued unless the FDA approves them. That’s unlikely by fall.
That's interesting because the Attorney General of Massachusetts said she wants to make it mandatory for certain state employees. You would think an Attorney General would know something about the law.

Attorney General Maura Healey said she favored requiring vaccinations for State Police and correctional officers, and gubernatorial candidate Ben Downing said he would require all public employees interfacing with the public to get vaccinated.

Reaction Score
That's interesting because the Attorney General of Massachusetts said she wants to make it mandatory for certain state employees. You would think an Attorney General would know something about the law.

Attorney General Maura Healey said she favored requiring vaccinations for State Police and correctional officers, and gubernatorial candidate Ben Downing said he would require all public employees interfacing with the public to get vaccinated.

Doesn't mean they won't be sued over it

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

She has no idea what she’s talking about. She’s just pandering because she’s running for governor.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
She has no idea what she’s talking about. She’s just pandering because she’s running for governor.
fear not. the ultimate arbitrator will be The United States Supreme Court. noice!

1137AF1CA1C64BF7AC850792872BF89E_1.jpg

how many of youse know what this pic is?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have fun living in fear bc of the media and wearing a mask
I don't live in fear because 1. I'm vaccinated 2. I'm not an at risk population. I wear a mask as a courtesy to my fellow community members that aren't vaccinated/are at risk.

I got vaccinated not due to the media but because I believe in science (not some quackpot that goes against 99.9% of physicians).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom