1. The recent Security Certificate Warning issue appears to be limited to those using Internet Explorer. If you are having the same problem reported by a few others, try switching to a different browser.

Only a 1/2 dozen people have contacted me, so I'm assuming the problem isn't widespread. But PLEASE contact me if you continue to have a problem.

I believe I can help, but I need your username. If you have not registered, and continue to have the problem - contact me asap.

(You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X at the top right of this box)

tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

College summer ball - UConn players

Discussion in 'UConn Baseball and Olympic Sports' started by dbmill, May 29, 2017.

1. huskymedic

huskymedic

2. dbmill

dbmill

I'm certainly excited for next season as well, and a lot of Huskies had positive impacts on their summer teams as you say. However, there is one high profile player for who this summer has been something of an unmitigated disaster, and that has been Ronnie Rossomando. He has been inconsistent his first two seasons with the Huskies, but it was quite apparent the coaching staff was going to stick with him and his talented arm. Rossomando had a huge summer coming out of the bullpen last season in the Cape League, so much so that I had him figured for the closer role this past season with the Huskies. However, the Cape League has not been kind to Rossomando this summer. He quickly fell out of the Bourne Braves rotation after a couple of disastrous starts, and has been lit up in his sporadic relief appearances out of the bullpen since then. So far in 6 appearances, Rossomando has a 14.89 ERA in 9.2 innings. 8 strikeouts is on the good side, but on the bad side is 7 walks and an astounding 22 hits allowed. Ouch!!! Before the summer began I figured that Rossomando was a candidate for the Sunday weekend starting spot. Now I am fearing that his Husky career is turning into something of a replica of Andrew Zapata, a high profile pitcher out of high school who's career just erodes before our eyes.

huskymedic likes this.
  3. huskymedic

huskymedic

4. dbmill

dbmill

huskymedic likes this.
  5. huskymedic

huskymedic

6. dbmill

dbmill

Chase Gardner got the win in yesterday's California Collegiate League playoff game going 6 innings, giving up 2 runs, 1 earned run, 4 hits, 1 walk, and getting 9 strikeouts.

UConn Baseball‏ @UConnBaseball 15h15 hours ago
    Incoming Husky Chase Gardner on the mound for Prune Packers to begin Playoffs! Watch the LHP at the link below! #UConnNation

Healdsburg Packers @PrunePackers
    Don't miss out on GAME 1 of CCL PLAYOFFS vs @Conej:confused:aks FOLLOW LIVE NOW So Cal Catch - Portal … OR

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  7. huskymedic

huskymedic

8. dbmill

dbmill

Boston Globe struck gold with their local UConn Huskies pitching connections. Both Poulin in Bourne and Holmes in Mystic have been consistently good all summer. After Tim Cate, they have arguably been the two best Husky pitchers in summer ball this year. Poulin will be a mainstay of the Husky bullpen this next season. If Holmes stays injury free (2016 was pretty much a wash out for him due to being hurt), it should be interesting to see what impact he has on the UConn pitching staff next year.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    uconnell, Baseballguy and huskymedic like this.
  9. dbmill

dbmill

Of course, kudos should also be offered to incoming UConn pitcher Joe Simeone who has been quite dynamic playing in the Futures League.

Baseballguy likes this.
  10. huskymedic

huskymedic

Slightly OT but...

11. dbmill

dbmill

Hey, Considering he and Wichita State are in the AAC now, it's appropriate.

12. huskymedic

huskymedic

13. huskymedic

huskymedic

I still can't read name of the team w/o laughing:

Stairmaster likes this.
  14. huskymedic

huskymedic

15. dbmill

dbmill

It's just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking Chase Gardner is going to be one of the frontrunners for one of the weekend starting spots for UConn next spring.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 5:06 PM
  16. scotty0330

scotty0330

The Wills Montgomery spot is certainly open. That could be three lefty starters...if things fell that way.

17. dbmill

dbmill