College summer ball - UConn players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College summer ball - UConn players

Reaction Score
UConn baseball has updated its summer ball assignments list. That list shows that UConn has picked up another new JUCO transfer pitcher from California. LHP Chase Gardner is playing for the Healdsburg Prune Packers of the California Collegiate League this summer. The Healdsburg roster does show Gardner as going to UConn. In 2016 Gardner played for the San Francisco Dons, and then for the 2017 season he transferred to the JUCO ranks at the College of Marin where he was a starting pitcher.

Chase Gardner

Meanwhile, the updated assignment list shows that a couple of UConn pitchers have changed summer ball teams. Sam Nepiarsky is now with the Wareham Gatemen of the Cape Cod League, while CJ Dandeneau is now with the Plymouth Pilgrims of the NEBCL.

Sam Nepiarsky is no longer with the Wareham Gatemen. The Transactions for the Gatemen show he was released on June 20th.

Reaction Score
Pitcher of the Week - 4 games, 3 saves and 9 strikeouts in 4 innings

Reaction Score
UConn baseball has put out a new update to the summer ball assignments list:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/conn/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/8754.pdf

2017 Summer Ball Assignments (Updated 6/22/17)

Cape Cod League

Tim Cate – Bourne Braves/Team USA Training Camp
Zac Susi – Bourne Braves
Ronnie Rossomando – Bourne Braves
P.J. Poulin – Bourne Braves
Mason Feole – Wareham Gatemen
John Toppa – Wareham Gatemen

NECBL

Dan Rajkowski – Mystic Schooners
Chris Winkel – Mystic Schooners
Trevor Holmes – Mystic Schooners
CJ Dandeneau - Plymouth Pilgrims

Futures

Ben Maycock - Bristol Blues
Jacob Wallace – Bristol Blues
Conor Moriarty – Pittsfield Suns
Troy Stefanski – Martha’s Vineyard Sharks
Christian Fedko – Wachusett Dirt Dawgs
Joe Simeone - Wachusett Dirt Dawgs

Valley League

Kenny Bergmann – Front Royal Cardinals

Far West League

Jeff Kersten – Humboldt Crabs

Perfect Game League

Anthony Nucerino – Elmira Pioneers

California Collegiate League

Chase Gardner - Healdsburg Prune Packers

So, after being off the roster in the spring, Ben Maycock is now on UConn's list for summer ball assignments. Like I mentioned in a previous post, he has been hitting very well for the Bristol Blues.

Reaction Score
UConn baseball has quickly put out another update to the summer ball assignment list. A new player is listed, Michael Woodworth, who is playing for the Neptune Beach Pearl of the California Collegiate League. Woodworth is a JUCO from Sierra College, where he was a teammate of Jeffrey Kertsen, another California JUCO recruit of the Huskies. Woodworth played CF this past season for Sierra College.

Michael Woodworth

Reaction Score
The New London Day has a preview story on the Mystic Schooners. In that story, they mention a player from Avery Point:

"First baseman/outfielder Vinnie Pallisco contributed to UConn-Avery Point's run to the NJCAA Division II World Series. He'll join the Huskies in Storrs in the fall."

Orbe optimistic about defending NECBL champion Schooners

http://athletics.averypoint.UConn.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/954/2015/02/Vincent-Pallisco.pdf

Since Vinnie Pallisco was not mentioned in the updated UConn summer ball assignments, I'm guessing he is a walk on who is not guaranteed a spot on the Storrs roster for next season.

Vinnie Pallisco is no longer on the Mystic Schooners roster.

Reaction Score
Vinnie Pallisco is no longer on the Mystic Schooners roster.

In either the Friday or Saturday edition of the New London Day, there was a feature story on a Mystic Schooner player. At the end of the article, there were additional small blurbs on other Schooner happenings. One of the other blurbs was that Vinnie Pallisco's temporary contract with the team had expired, so he was no longer on the roster.

Reaction Score

>>Connecticut lefty Tim Cate is well known for having one of the best breaking balls in college baseball — a 12-to-6 hammer at 80-82 mph. But he impressed Buckley more with his 91-92 mph fastball Monday night against Cuba.

“I thought Cate’s fastball was electric tonight,” Buckley said. “I know he’s got a really good curveball, but I thought the ball really came out of his hand easy and light and kind of exploded … Man, (the curveball is) really, really good. To me, everything starts with the fastball, and your command of it or your control of it to get ahead.”<<

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a roster for USA Team for this game to see if Cates will be on it:

Reaction Score
[
Haven't seen a roster for USA Team for this game to see if Cates will be on it:

Both Troy Stefanski and Joe Simeone are having excellent summers in the Futures League. I've already reported on how Someone has been doing in summer ball, this gives me an excuse to write something on Stefanski as well.

Simeone recently gave up his first run, which raised his ERA to 0.79 in 11.1 innings. He also has 23 strikeouts and 4 walks to his credit. With 6 saves, he has been a dominant pitcher in that league. Here's a link to the rest of his stat line:

Joe Simeone - Futures Collegiate Baseball League of New England - player

Troy Stefanski has been playing regularly and hitting .342 with 10 doubles, 1 triple, 2 homers, and 9 walks in 79 at bats. Here's a link to his stat line:

Troy Stefanski - Futures Collegiate Baseball League of New England - player

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
John Toppa only has 2 extra base hits (both doubles) among all his hits this summer, but that doesn't bother me when you're hitting well over .350 in the Cape League.

Matt Feld‏ @mattyfeld612
John Toppa (@johntoppa) now sits 2nd in the @Official_CCBL in hitting. After his 4-for-5 day, Toppa is now hitting .379 for @WarehamGatemen

DEBQDqBVwAABcCL.jpg

7:49 PM - 5 Jul 2017

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger