College Sports Madness Women's Basketball Top 44 Preview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College Sports Madness Women's Basketball Top 44 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have been saying that ALL summer....USC will bypass UCLA this season. If they can land Adams and Stafford for 2012, they will be on a role.
keeping my fingers crossed on that one. anywhere but tennessee (for adams)...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
C'mon Eric, add Hollivay to that "...anywhere but Tennessee" shall we?:D
well, duh! but they were talking about USC and USC isn't recruiting Hollivay. while we are at it, add every top kid they are looking at for 2013 lol...

i think RU feels they have a pretty good shot at Hollivay and i also think Ole Miss feels they have a good shot too.

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
well, duh! but they were talking about USC and USC isn't recruiting Hollivay. while we are at it, add every top kid they are looking at for 2013 lol...

i think RU feels they have a pretty good shot at Hollivay and i also think Ole Miss feels they have a good shot too.

:eek:just saw where Kornet committed to Oklahoma...aren't they in her top 5? ...and she said she didn't want to go anywhere that she was alone...well that gives OU Manning and top 20 Kornet so far?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
:eek:just saw where Kornet committed to Oklahoma...aren't they in her top 5? ...and she said she didn't want to go anywhere that she was alone...well that gives OU Manning and top 20 Kornet so far?

Yes, OU is in Hollivay's top 5.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Coming in at # 17: Kentucky Wildcats.

Samarie will be eligible to play in December after the 1st semester is completed, which means she won't be eligible to play against Duke on Dec 7 but will be eligible to play against Notre Dame on December 18.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Every school, I think has a recruit coming in. So Hollivay won't come in alone.

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
Every school, I think has a recruit coming in. So Hollivay won't come in alone.

I think she meant more than just her and somebody else---I guess, maybe company? Like at least 2 I was thinking (and those 2 being reasonably good)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Rutgers comes in at #16.

The projected starting lineup includes Rushdan, Sykes, Lee, Oliver and Laney. We know that Lee is expected to miss the entire season because of off-season shoulder surgery, and I think the lineup needs another guard, perhaps Erica Wheeler or freshman Canty.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Don't they do their research first? :confused:

Reaction Score
Hmm, 15 slots left.

Clearly 14 go to UConn/ND/Lou/G'town, Mia/Duke/Md/Fla St, Tenn/LSU, Penn St, Stanf, Bay/TAMU.

Who's missing? Ohio St?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hmm, 15 slots left.

Clearly 14 go to UConn/ND/Lou/G'town, Mia/Duke/Md/Fla St, Tenn/LSU, Penn St, Stanf, Bay/TAMU.

Who's missing? Ohio St?

Where's Georgia? UGA is picked to finish 2nd in the SEC while LSU is picked for finish 4th. Although LSU should be in the top 44 for sure, I wouldn't put them in a preseason top 15.

This site is hardly without some questionable decisions.

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
Where's Georgia? UGA is picked to finish 2nd in the SEC while LSU is picked for finish 4th. Although LSU should be in the top 44 for sure, I wouldn't put them in a preseason top 15.

This site is hardly without some questionable decisions.

UGA was my pick as well, and I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I think around 14 or 15 is right for LSU;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
#15 Maryland.

The Terps will be relying on three seniors (Kizer, Rodgers and Barrett) as well as ACC FOY Alyssa Thomas. Maryland is picked to finish 3rd in the ACC behind Miami and Duke.

Reaction Score
What has happened to North Carolina? It use to be that every year it was Duke or NC in the ACC!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
What has happened to North Carolina? It use to be that every year it was Duke or NC in the ACC!

UNC has regressed. The very good teams in the past has Latta, Pringle, and Little. All are players that have stuck in the WNBA. It's been a while since they've had that type of talent. The best player from last year's team, Italee Lucas, didn't make a W roster.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UNC has regressed. The very good teams in the past has Latta, Pringle, and Little. All are players that have stuck in the WNBA. It's been a while since they've had that type of talent. The best player from last year's team, Italee Lucas, didn't make a W roster.
Breland is still in the league and she was the best player on the team last year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think Maryland may surprise some people. Just a hunch.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
LSU comes in at #14. Freshman post player Krystal Forthan is expected to be in the starting lineup for Caldwell's crew.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
LSU comes in at #14. Freshman post player Krystal Forthan is expected to be in the starting lineup for Caldwell's crew.

That projection only has one guard? Not sure about that! Forthan will be huge for them, i bet.

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
That projection only has one guard? Not sure about that! Forthan will be huge for them, i bet.

My thoughts exactly---Adrienne is supposed to be point AND W/2?:rolleyes: I'm expecting big things from her, but that is a bit much.

Destini Hughes has to at least start out in there at PG, replacing either Jones or Turnbow. And she's gonna have to be at least above average for us to be 14th.

But, if you read the other stuff they have, they think Boogie is the next best thing to sliced bread. So maybe they'll let her do like Striklin did but play point/3/4:confused: I love Barrett bunches and I do think she'll try to go out on a high note. I also expect her to do just that---I just don't know about #3 in the Draft.;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
#13 is Florida State.

Cierra Bravard and Natasha Howard form a nice frontcourt. The key to the Seminoles' season will be finding a point guard to replace Courtney Ward.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regarding UNC dropping, I think it is both.

While some of their recruits looked good, they have not played at the level of their predecessors. Ruffin-Pratt has been hurt much of her career. Neither Lucas nor Degraffenreid was as good as Latta. They haven't found a replacement for Larkins.

After dropping, Maryland has picked up their recruiting. Thomas was very good last year. Duke recruiting was very good the last two years and has been good most years. FSU has some talent. Miami took a major jump with their two stars. Virginia seems to have dropped. But the point is that UNC is picked in the middle of their conference--a clear aberration by historical standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom