College Football - Week 3 Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

College Football - Week 3 Thread

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
So glad Maryland goes down, don't like em' but wow, Temple might be a very hard game to end the season now.

Also, what an odd boxscore. 1st and 4th quarters both 7-2 with nothing going on in the 2nd.

It is frustrating, feel like Uconn really let that one slip away. Feel like that could have been a win with a tiny bit more risk taking.
I’m just glad we were competitive.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UCF destroying Stanford (28-7) in the first quarter.

I’m going to complain about leaving the AAC until my dying breath.

UCF could win every game 80-0, they are never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever getting in a 4-team playoff in your lifetime.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Illinois loses to EMU, Wagner getting whooped at Stony Brook.

At least UMass sucks.

Reaction Score
Pac 12 stubbing their toe w/ losses to BYU and Air Force today by USC and Colorado, as well as Stanford getting destroyed. I don't think ASU beating Michigan St. even slightly offsets the damage done.

Disagree. ASU's win @ Michigan State is one of the best of the young season. Stanford was expected to lose and USC's loss to BYU is partially offset by the fact that Utah won @ BYU to open the season. Colorado's loss doesn't shock me after their big win against Nebraska last weekend.

The Big Ten, meanwhile, has truly had a rough day. If Iowa loses in Aimes, it will be their third ranked team to fall in one day.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Disagree. ASU's win @ Michigan State is one of the best of the young season. Stanford was expected to lose and USC's loss to BYU is partially offset by the fact that Utah won @ BYU to open the season. Colorado's loss doesn't shock me after their big win against Nebraska last weekend.

The Big Ten, meanwhile, has truly had a rough day. If Iowa loses in Aimes, it will be their third ranked team to fall in one day.

Well certainly the Big has had a worse day than the Pac.

Reaction Score
The Cuse defense has played tough all night but with the start of the 4th Q the fans started for the exits and ESPN has started avoiding crowd shots to hide the aluminium.

Reaction Score
Kentucky gives the game back to UF

Kentucky certainly did their part, but the Florida backup QB surprised the heck out of everyone I think. We'll see how it goes for them moving forward as the kid actually has to prepare to be the starter and teams get film on him.

Reaction Score
South Florida may have fixed itself by switching to a Redshirt Freshman QB who can run. Blake Barnett had been terrible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCF could win every game 80-0, they are never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever getting in a 4-team playoff in your lifetime.
This is a true, but it's a problem. I remember when Oren Hatch started threatening legal action against the BCS on basically these grounds. Magically Utah got a PAC invite.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is a true, but it's a problem. I remember when Oren Hatch started threatening legal action against the BCS on basically these grounds. Magically Utah got a PAC invite.

Oh, it stinks, but its reality.

So you can do a Houston/UCF and stomp your feet complaining but doing nothing, or you can live in reality and do what UConn did.

Reaction Score
Oh, it stinks, but its reality.

So you can do a Houston/UCF and stomp your feet complaining but doing nothing, or you can live in reality and do what UConn did.

13 years of that new contract

As we start to see the money gap between P5 & G5 manifest itself in most all components of both the Football & Athletic departments, the contrast will be far more stark in 2032. Its obscene.

The reality is MSG & Hoop & that sport has a platform - beyond Bowls & crap. I don’t believe there’s anything saving the UCF/Houston pleadings. More likely is a push to crush Iowa State & Rutgers & Vandy for more largesse to the top dozen.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
13 years of that new contract

As we start to see the money gap between P5 & G5 manifest itself in most all components of both the Football & Athletic departments, the contrast will be far more stark in 2032. Its obscene.

The reality is MSG & Hoop & that sport has a platform - beyond Bowls & crap. I don’t believe there’s anything saving the UCF/Houston pleadings. More likely is a push to crush Iowa State & Rutgers & Vandy for more largesse to the top dozen.

There will be business school cases in 10 years about how ESPN destroyed its own college football product.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom