College football facing harsh reality with students returning to campus (Thamel) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College football facing harsh reality with students returning to campus (Thamel)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If the schools thought the players shouldn't be paid, I think that ship is sailing. Keeping players at school so they can make money while all regular students are sent home sends a strong message that football players aren't normal students. They are treating them more like employees.

Reaction Score
I don’t favor paying players but I absolutely agree with Fairfield 1st on this. It will be a very tough case to make that football players, or any athletes who are forced into a bubble (hi Val) so they can play while their classmates are sent home, are not in fact employees.

Reaction Score

>>Auburn plans to return to practice this week without those 16 players.

Malzahn said Auburn's COVID-19 protocols require players to be out 17 days after a positive test — 10 days in quarantine, plus seven more before they are cleared to return.<<

Reaction Score
So maybe 53? Like the NFL. Ok then.

>>"The Big 12 has policies, (and) we're using the 53 man roster policy," Pollard told reporters on a call on Monday. "So a 53 man roster is built on a set number of positions. So I think it's one quarterback, six offensive linemen and you come up with 53 [players]. So the antigen test the Big 12 uses on Friday will be the certification test.

"And as long as you have at least 53 players certified to play and you have the minimum number at every one of those positions comprising the 53 [man roster], then you have to play. If you're less than that 53, then you can have a no-contest. And the first step would be to try and reschedule during one of the bye dates. But if not, it doesn't technically count against the team that ends up with the no contest. But it was a uniform policy that we wanted to adopt to, in essence, take some gamesmanship out of what could happen potentially later in the year.">>

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This thread is not a debate about COVID-19 nor how the gov is dealing with the pandemic. Take it to the cesspool. I'm tired of cleaning up after the same people hijacking threads in the sports forums.

Reaction Score
Down here in ACC country in Charlottesville..., UVA just announced the pick up of an 11th game (6th home game(-Abilene Christian, 11/21-FCS), that means 10 consecutive weeks of games, 10.

Reaction Score
Few big boys in that list. They’ve gone on info shutdown

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom