College football facing harsh reality with students returning to campus (Thamel) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

College football facing harsh reality with students returning to campus (Thamel)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I just saw on CNN that Tennessee has more than 2100 students in quarantine. Quick Google search says they didn't have enough players to scrimmage this past Saturday due to covid plus those that may have come in contact. I'm sure injuries are a part as well.

Reaction Score
Boys will be boys...

>> The Tigers have at least 20 people within the program who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently in a 10-day isolation period, according to the source.

The source also said that Memphis has "at least another 20" people in quarantine due to contract tracing. Most of the players who either tested positive for COVID-19 or are in quarantine are on the defensive side of the ball, the source said.

The dramatic uptick in positive tests, according to the source, has been attributed to a party bus that members of the team were on after last Saturday's season-opening win against Arkansas State.<<

Reaction Score
Man this really turned into a cluster . And I saw maybe 1 fan at then FSU GT game wearing a mask properly

Reaction Score
Here is an interesting chart. It shows deaths per week (average 2015-2019) and compares it to deaths per week in 2020. This is ALL deaths. As you can see the 2020 line is higher than the the previous four year average. The higher line is usually defined as "excess deaths." However recently there haven't been any excess deaths. The USA as a whole is now losing less people per week than average. There are probably a number of valid ways to intepret this data. One is that Covid took out sick folks that would have died eventually much earlier. But it's obvious we are in a much better place than a few weeks ago. And much, much better than March/April. It is certainly the type of thing that the decision makers at universities in general and athletic departments in particular look at.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 4.42.51 PM.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
But wait, I thought college football players are stuck in an abusive relationship and don't want to play? I bet the coaches forced this kid to pen this letter..... :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom