College Basketball is Here | Page 6 | The Boneyard

College Basketball is Here

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
turning this garbage off. so done with Mick

Considering he paid Jacob Evans money, you may get your wish

what was the amount?

32000?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Considering he paid Jacob Evans money, you may get your wish

what was the amount?

32000?
unfortunately he didnt pay him. it was just an agent who sent an offer to pay him something like $320 (was actually 500 but joke is more important) a month but i believe it was just an offer he sent to a ton of nba prospects. we maybe could have fired him for the larry davis situation but our ad is a putz.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"If we gave up 27 in the second half we win the game,"

No I'm not kidding, he actually said this. So happy I turned it off at the half. Going to be spending my winter entertaining myself in other ways. At least our football team is kinda good now and actually recruits well
On the bright side, you guys did win the second half, so there's that. It wasn't so much that you lost, it was more that you guys just ran out of time.

kobe

Reaction Score
On the bright side, you guys did win the second half, so there's that. It wasn't so much that you lost, it was more that you guys just ran out of time.
we have one guy on the team who can score. he picked up 2 fouls early and guess what our super inventive and outside the box thinking coach did? Sat him for 18 minutes. btw he ended the game with 2 fouls.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
we have one guy on the team who can score. he picked up 2 fouls early and guess what our super inventive and outside the box thinking coach did? Sat him for 18 minutes. btw he ended the game with 2 fouls.
Meh, Calhoun beat Duke for a natty taking that approach.

Reaction Score
Kinda surprised and a little bummed CT's own Cane Broome isn't scoring it better for Cinci. I guess he is struggling at this level? Or maybe it's just Mick.

kobe

Reaction Score
Kinda surprised and a little bummed CT's own Cane Broome isn't scoring it better for Cinci. I guess he is struggling at this level? Or maybe it's just Mick.
bit of both, him being undersized hurts a bit but if mick would have actually let him play through mistakes instead of yanking him after one turn over he could have been pretty effective last year. this year its gonna be rough for him to score with no spacing on the floor

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
im assuming he had more that 1 guy on the team that could score

Ben Gordon, Rashad Anderson, Charlie Villanueva, Denham Brown etc....etc.....

....but............. It did hamper our offense. We are up by a bit when Oak went out, and we went down by quite a bit with him on bench.

Reaction Score
I watched the first 35 minutes of the Grand Canyon vs SDSU game. After reading so much about Mike Daum and Grand Canyon's length and defense, this was a great mid-major game to check out both teams on TV for the first time. My in-laws are Horizon league fans and NDSU alum, so it was also fun to connect to that league, especially with football for the last five seasons.

Daum is legit. Lots of nuanced, "old-man" style to his game. He's got the strength to hold his own underneath, but great touch, an ability to pass and can shoot from outside. He's got a bit of Kevin Love to his game. However, SDSU isn't just Daum. David Jenkins was incredible last night and I love his bulldog, alpha-male approach to being a lead guard. Freshman center Matt Dentlinger is a smart, "clean-up" guy who does a lot of little things great and most of his points were off offensive boards. All but 16 minutes were played by their starting-five, so there's a lack of depth on their team, but their starting five is excellent.

For Grand Canyon, their length on D is legit, and Dan Majerle has an interesting way of playing "lines" of five guys at a time. They will be a tough team to play against with their grit, energy, depth, rebounding and defense, but they shoot the 3 way too much for a team who can't shoot the 3.
Good post. The "issue" with Brandon Key is interesting. Assuming he will redshirt per TJ and the reason is his intent to grad transfer at seasons end....wow. I mean he traveled to Canada this summer and reports are his issues are not academic or disciplinary in nature. No injury reported just some "personal" issues which do not include family since he sat in the bleachers opening night. I wonder what the rules are for pulling the schollie when a player bails right before the first game. Maybe Dentlinger starting as a Frosh after Key put up good numbers vs OSU in the tourney? TJ not wanting to go small so he bailed? Big loss it seems for SDSU unless Owen King steps up. I follow the mid-major scene closely and this loss could be the difference in a NCAA tourney run.

Buffalo vs WV tonight will be real interesting. Buffalo looking to get ranked. Tall order though.

Reaction Score
Just tuned into Providence vs. Wichita State. Providence. Providence looks pretty good to start. Curious to see Wichita State play this year. Doesn’t seem like they will be very good.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Just tuned into Providence vs. Wichita State. Providence. Providence looks pretty good to start. Curious to see Wichita State play this year. Doesn’t seem like they will be very good.
Channel and time left?

Reaction Score
Wichita somehow got it together and are poised to go into the locker room with the lead. Would be a big win.

AJ Reeves is really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom