Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Nebrasketball just beat Michigan by 20. Watch out for the Huskers

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man I seen the USC assistant coach go off on the players vs Oregon ...!! Guy was so demonstratively animated, I literally thought he was ready to knock a couple players out, the head coach just stood there like yep

Lit a fire in the players asses and they played better and got the W..!

Drew

Reaction Score
Houston beat Wichita State by double digits today. Big for their tournament chances.

Reaction Score
URI won their 10th straight, beating Dayton 88-74 in Dayton. For context, Dayton's ranked about 15 spots higher in Kenpom than Memphis are. The Rams are now 15-3 and pretty prohibitive favorites to win the A-10, and have climbed into the Kenpom top 30 (29th). They shot 50% from the floor and just murdered Dayton on the offensive glass.

Elsewhere in college hoops purgatory... Texas is such a jekyll & hyde team – understandable given the emotion of the week, but inexplicable given their talent level. As I type they're down 29 at West Virginia, just haven't shown up this half, and are about to be 12-7. If they don't take care of business at home with their next two games (Iowa State & Ole Miss), it looks like a very steep uphill climb to get into the tournament because the Big 12 is a bloodbath.

Silver lining for them is that Kenpom kind of likes them (35th). Downside to that is there's no way there are 34 teams more talented than the Longhorns out there. Shaka's looked like a very limited head coach aside from his obvious recruiting chops.

Reaction Score
URI won their 10th straight, beating Dayton 88-74 in Dayton. For context, Dayton's ranked about 15 spots higher in Kenpom than Memphis are. The Rams are now 15-3 and pretty prohibitive favorites to win the A-10, and have climbed into the Kenpom top 30 (29th). They shot 50% from the floor and just murdered Dayton on the offensive glass.

Elsewhere in college hoops purgatory... Texas is such a jekyll & hyde team – understandable given the emotion of the week, but inexplicable given their talent level. As I type they're down 29 at West Virginia, just haven't shown up this half, and are about to be 12-7. If they don't take care of business at home with their next two games (Iowa State & Ole Miss), it looks like a very steep uphill climb to get into the tournament because the Big 12 is a bloodbath.

Silver lining for them is that Kenpom kind of likes them (35th). Downside to that is there's no way there are 34 teams more talented than the Longhorns out there. Shaka's looked like a very limited head coach aside from his obvious recruiting chops.

I would like to see Nova and URI both in the East Region come tourney time. The ceiling for URI is probably a 5 seed coming out of the A10 (with a 6 or 7 more probable with 2 or 3 more losses). I assume Nova lands the 1 seed.

If URI and NOVA met in the Regional semi or Regional final in Boston that could be one great great game. The match-up itself based on styles lends to it being must watch TV for serious hoops fans. It will be very interesting to see if Hurley can navigate this team to the 2nd weekend. URI's six guards are the deepest in the country.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Nova and URI both in the East Region come tourney time. The ceiling for URI is probably a 5 seed coming out of the A10 (with a 6 or 7 more probable with 2 or 3 more losses). I assume Nova lands the 1 seed.

If URI and NOVA met in the Regional semi or Regional final in Boston that could be one great great game. The match-up itself based on styles lends to it being must watch TV for serious hoops fans. It will be very interesting to see if Hurley can navigate this team to the 2nd weekend. URI's six guards are the deepest in the country.
I think Hurley's a very good coach but Nova vs. URI would be a bloodbath. Spellman & Bridges would just brutalize them down low, and Brunson's too good to let URI's tempo & intensity rock him.

Nova really is a worst-case match-up for URI at any stage.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley's a very good coach but Nova vs. URI would be a bloodbath. Spellman & Bridges would just brutalize them down low, and Brunson's too good to let URI's tempo & intensity rock him.

Nova really is a worst-case match-up for URI at any stage.

Well URI beat Seton Hall @ MSG despite a big game from Delgado. They did it without EC Mathews and Langevine. Both were out. It will be interesting to see if Nova wins @ SH. I think Brunson can be neutralized by the URI back court depth. Stanford Robinson is also an elite defender who tends to show up in big games.

I think Nova wins...heck #1 KP right? URI though could pull the upset close to home.

Reaction Score
Well URI beat Seton Hall @ MSG despite a big game from Delgado. They did it without EC Mathews and Langevine. Both were out. It will be interesting to see if Nova wins @ SH. I think Brunson can be neutralized by the URI back court depth. Stanford Robinson is also an elite defender who tends to show up in big games.

I think Nova wins...heck #1 KP right? URI though could pull the upset close to home.
If they play I will be cheering like hell for the Rams. But I will not be holding my breath. ;)

Drew

Reaction Score
Nebraska leads Ohio State by 1 in Columbus. James Palmer Jr (Miami transfer) is going OFF

Reaction Score
Everything points to Purdue being a very legit title contender ATM. Maybe even the straight up favorite. I have only watched 4 full Purdue games. Man I just can't quite buy it yet. I may live to regret not taking them. :(

Reaction Score
Providence got the same treatment as us ... but damn mal only getting 6 mins when u would’ve gotten 15 mins here ..

pj

Reaction Score
Providence got the same treatment as us ... but damn mal only getting 6 mins when u would’ve gotten 15 mins here ..

15 minutes? Antwoine Anderson gets 30, MAL might have done a lot better than 15. ... He had a good (for him) shooting night against Nova, 1-3.

Reaction Score
15 minutes? Antwoine Anderson gets 30, MAL might have done a lot better than 15. ... He had a good (for him) shooting night against Nova, 1-3.
Yeah you’re right I wonder what ed Cooley told him ... cuz if he told him he’s going to hand over the keys day 1 or said you have to earn ya mins .. don’t see why he went there, now maybe next year a different story but time will tell

Reaction Score
Yeah you’re right I wonder what ed Cooley told him ... cuz if he told him he’s going to hand over the keys day 1 or said you have to earn ya mins .. don’t see why he went there, now maybe next year a different story but time will tell

Even with Cartwright gone from next year, I think its likely Maliek White gets the starting nod over MAL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom