College Basketball Discussion February 16-23 | The Boneyard

College Basketball Discussion February 16-23

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Houston beat Cincinnati at home last night which should pretty much lock in their NCAA tournament hopes:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Temple was up 14 points @ Wichita State at halftime and let the Shockers outscore them by 21 in the second half to win by 7. This will haunt Temple as they keep pushing for a NCAA tournament bid:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Cincinnati didn't make a field goal for the last 12 minutes of the game. MICK BALL IS BACK BOYS!!!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Cincinnati didn't make a field goal for the last 12 minutes of the game. MICK BALL IS BACK BOYS!!!

I was thinking this may be the year Cincy makes it deep into the NCAAs. I don't mind rooting them to rep the AAC. I have doubts about Wichita St albeit their comeback last night.

Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for you. Try watching that type of offense almost every game.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for you. Try watching that type of offense almost every game.
Been watching it for nearly every game for 12 years. I'm well versed in it.

Reaction Score

Your final four team just got beat at h0me by a bubble team Kobe..

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You’re gonna throw in a clunker every now and again.

Plus, Houston is just a weird place to play. The crowd is just plain somnolent most of the time and I think the complete silence is harder to deal with than noise for visitors. Even before UConn became dedicated to the suck, they looked like they’d landed on Mars when they played at Houston.

Reaction Score

Plus, Houston is just a weird place to play. The crowd is just plain somnolent most of the time and I think the complete silence is harder to deal with than noise for visitors. Even before UConn became dedicated to the suck, they looked like they’d landed on Mars when they played at Houston.
Plus Sampson is a legitimately great Xs & Os coach. If he hadn't been run out of Bloomington the college hoops landscape would look a hell of a lot different today.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

They aren't playing in the Houston arena this year, like Cinci, playing offsite due to renovations
And the place had some great noise this year

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Temple was up 14 points @ Wichita State at halftime and let the Shockers outscore them by 21 in the second half to win by 7. This will haunt Temple as they keep pushing for a NCAA tournament bid:

Watched the replay of this game when I got home last night - what a great game
Temple lost but they showed that if they play like that they belong in the dance
A lot of people here might be doubting WSU but they have a veteran team and they are scrappy and physical - great combo - and they play some wicked defense.
If they are hitting their shots they are a tough out for everyone

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
URI at Bonnie’s is a fun game. Both these teams would beat us to death.

Reaction Score
I don't really care.
Yes you do :) .

URI at Bonnie’s is a fun game. Both these teams would beat us to death.
Yes it is! I am pulling for Rhode Island now that Uconn is now 99.9% out of contention for anything. But wow, st. bonnies is not bad either. RI would beat Uconn by 20 on a bad day and st. bonnies would likely beat Uconn by at least a dozen just playing decent.

Reaction Score
Bonnies gonna do it! Lots of ranked teams taking the L this week.

BTW this is a badddddd result for Syracuse.

Reaction Score
The good news for Hurley is that he doesn’t need to worry about being made fun of on the recruiting trail, because as we all know, nobody talks to him.

Adams and Mobley may be the best backcourt in the country for the Bonnies and they get very little love. CCSU product doing big things.

Reaction Score
In case you're wondering who to root for these days:

7bF9GIV.png

Like I said last night, that Bonnies win was baddddddd for Syracuse.

Baylor, PC, Washington, USC & UCLA all have big games today as well. I legitimately hate most of those teams but will be rooting for them to run the table if it means 'Cuse are out for the third time in four years.

Reaction Score
Houston now ranked so the American has 3 ranked teams this week. This could be a good league if UCONN, Memphis and Temple got their stuff together.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma's season coming unglued, taken to the woodshed tonight by KU

Reaction Score
In case you're wondering who to root for these days:

7bF9GIV.png

Like I said last night, that Bonnies win was baddddddd for Syracuse.

Baylor, PC, Washington, USC & UCLA all have big games today as well. I legitimately hate most of those teams but will be rooting for them to run the table if it means 'Cuse are out for the third time in four years.
Why? That just means cuse lost do a team that is better than we thought....the more st. B loses, the worse the loss looks.

Reaction Score
Why? That just means cuse lost do a team that is better than we thought....the more st. B loses, the worse the loss looks.
Because we want St. Bonaventure to solidify their case for an at-large bid. The more teams that jump ahead of Syracuse, the better.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
A best case scenario for the AAC is Cincy and WSU losing in the conference tourney semis which hopefully won't drop their tourney seeds to far and Houston losing in the championship game. That would give the conference 4 bids. Unlikely but maybe UCF or Temple could get hot. I think Houston is close to a lock right now. A couple of small conference teams will be robbed as usual. All the P5 conferences are going to increase the number of conference games which will further erode the chances of little guys making the tourney.

Reaction Score
Here is the vid the three (3) LSU hoops players who were suspended in late January participated in. They were extras "partying".

Wayde Sims started last game and scored 16. Some blunts and frozen DQ's in the vid.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom