Coleman Hawkins and Illinois Needed One More Half | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coleman Hawkins and Illinois Needed One More Half

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can’t believe Kansas State gave this guy 2 mil. 12 ppg player and clearly a dumbo.
1. They didn't. Some outside third party may have. Schools don't pay NIL.
2. In a league where they already had to try to be better than KU, Baylor and Iowa State, they added Houston and now Arizona. The desperation is legit.

awy

Reaction Score
their game plan was pretty atrocious but they would still have lost by 25

Reaction Score
He's wrong, but I also wouldn't expect him to say anything different. If any of our players were saying they'd lose a game a second time we'd be killing them. Hell, if any of our fans said that we'd be killing them
I mean normally a good teammate and player wouldn’t say the team didn’t run enough plays for himself or say that he was standing open in the corner the whole game but never got the ball. Even if thats true, you don’t say it publicly. Just goes to show what kind of person Hawkins is. And I’m not just basing that off this one interview, there have been others where he has come off as selfish, immature and not a team player.

Reaction Score
Coleman Hawkins is delusional, about his team and his skills. In a 7 game series, Uconn beats Illinois 4-1, maybe a sweep. If Coleman was all that he thinks he is, Castle would have shut him down and made him a complete non-factor. Easy to imagine after the snuff job SC & AK did on Terrance Shannon, who is much the Hawkins.

Reaction Score
If they could have come up with a better game plan, they would have. They had nothing that day and would have nothing if they played us again.
The only game plan they would have beaten us with was if they could play 7 on 5.

Reaction Score
Coleman Hawkins is delusional, about his team and his skills. In a 7 game series, Uconn beats Illinois 4-1, maybe a sweep. If Coleman was all that he thinks he is, Castle would have shut him down and made him a complete non-factor. Easy to imagine after the snuff job SC & AK did on Terrance Shannon, who is much the Hawkins.
If we played them 10 times we win 10 times. Big 10 was trash as always

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I was a little worried about Hawkins having a big game against us until the game started and then realized he’s just too small to be a factor.

Reaction Score
One more half against Illinois State and they have a chance.

Reaction Score
Last Wednesday at the dinner Hurley referenced the fact that a player from Illinois had said if they played another half they'd win. Hurley called him a "dumb s***" and said we would have won by more. I hadn't seen that it was Hawkins. We know Clingan destroyed Hawkins, but if you watch Reed's long highlight video, he goes right thru Hawkins several times, (also big Cliff who I've never been a fan of). Hawkins is a weak player in the post.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Luckily for Illinois, they just snagged Will Riley as a recruit, who looks kinda just like Hawkins. So maybe they’ll get another shot at being embarrassed on a national stage.

Reaction Score
its easy to say if you played them again they would win. excuses are like as.holes everyone has them

Reaction Score
I don't understand this comment at all.

Everyone knows UConn is the best basketball program in the country.
Everyone should know that, but if you’re a B1G fan you’re certain the B1G is the best BB conference for the last 30 years with just a string of bad luck.

Reaction Score
1 more half where all the UConn players were in the locker room getting ice baths....then maybe they could have come all the way back.

Reaction Score
If you’re the Big12 visionary conference architect (eh hem), you must be kicking yourself right about now. Adding UConn would have boosted the Big12 into another while level of national interest.

Reaction Score
Their conference sucked. We beat at least three of their teams in convincing fashion. Not sure if we played any others.
Indiana regular season by 25 makes 4, but I forgive you (guys) for forgetting and/or viewing them as an after sight....

Reaction Score
Lmaoooo. This kid isn’t good. K-State are suckers

You know who else got to play them again? Marquette and every other BE team. Other than Crayton second time around did not go well at all. If we had gotten Kansas again in the tourney we all know.

Reaction Score
IMG_8144.gif

Reaction Score
You know who else got to play them again? Marquette and every other BE team. Other than Crayton second time around did not go well at all. If we had gotten Kansas again in the tourney we all know.
I wanted Creighton again in the BET finals because I think UConn would've beaten them, but they were unable to beat a Providence team with a short rotation (shoulder shrug). Creighton deserves credit for giving UConn their last loss of the year, but I also think UConn was hung over from the Marquette win in Hartford 4 days before that which was a Top-5 matchup in the country. Flying halfway across the country a few days later to an amped up crowd wasn't ideal. As much as I wanted UConn to win that game, I wouldn't change it for anything. I think it benefitted UConn as they got even better running offense against a team with a big center that is parked near the basket (Purdue).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom