Coleman Hawkins and Illinois Needed One More Half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coleman Hawkins and Illinois Needed One More Half

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't understand this comment at all.

Everyone knows UConn is the best basketball program in the country.
certain conferences and schools don't feel that way about UConn even after winning two Championships. That is a fact from some ACC, SEC, and Big Ten schools.

Reaction Score
What a joke. I mean if you lose on a prayer of a three that's one thing, but to get blown out of the building and give up 40 straight points, how can you say that with a straight face?
Hawkins is a soft clown with no future. Enjoy the nil because you will be flipping burgers soon enough

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People who will say any old thing for attention are so annoying. He believed in Illinois so much that he left them. Dude pulled off the heist of the off-season. Cash your check and maybe don’t bring attention to the game where you scored 5 on 2-10 shooting.

Lets Fight GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
This is something a little league coach tells a bunch of 10 year olds after a tough loss,

Reaction Score
If they played one more time. So easy to say anything when IF is involved and no possible way to prove or disprove it.

Maybe they'd be within 15 rather than 25. Though their second half was much worse than the first after they had time to adjust so maybe not.

Then again if the b10 would just do the right thing and add UConn this could be settled on the court rather than useless hearsay we're all partaking in...

If UConn became an AAU member, then we would be in the B10 by now. The B10 might have selected us instead of Rutgers (who is a member).

Reaction Score
If UConn became an AAU member, then we would be in the B10 by now. The B10 might have selected us instead of Rutgers (who is a member).
You just can’t become a member. You need to be invited. Just like joining a P4 conference.

Reaction Score
You just can’t become a member. You need to be invited. Just like joining a P4 conference.
That's s given. But a prerequisite for that conference is being an AAU member. Which we've talked about becoming for years but have yet to meet the requirements.

Reaction Score
That's s given. But a prerequisite for that conference is being an AAU member. Which we've talked about becoming for years but have yet to meet the requirements.
Again, you need to be invited.

Reaction Score
When provided with objective talent appraisals this delusional player pulled out of one of the weakest NBA drafts in recent memory.

caw

Reaction Score
certain conferences and schools don't feel that way about UConn even after winning two Championships. That is a fact from some ACC, SEC, and Big Ten schools.

Big Ten schools think that? Did you mean Big 12? There isn't a single Big Ten school with even a bad argument. At least KU can make a bad argument.

Reaction Score
This is a dumb comment for sure but can we stop with the "no one gives us any respect" narrative?

It's simply not true. We've dominated college basketball for the last two years. Our coach is one of, if not the biggest, star in the sport right now. We have more championships than Duke and Kansas and are tied with UNC. They may not like us but they damn sure respect us. No one with a brain is still arguing that UConn is a paper tiger.

If anything, propagating that narrative only continues to make our fanbase look small time and insecure.

Reaction Score
They lost by 25. The only times Illinois beat a team by 26+ in a half last year were:
  • 7-25 Valparaiso (30)
  • Almost 8-23 Missouri (25) so I’ll give it to them
Probably would have been a better idea to just take the high road here, because that’s a pretty goofy quote lol

He said they had him at the 5 for an offensive advantage, but I’m not sure giving the guy who shot 2-10 (1-7 from three) MORE shots was the answer

UConn was a buzz saw and Illinois got caught off guard. The 30-0 run was less than 10 minutes of game time, and it was over after that

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The only comment that rubbed me the wrong way was the stuff about making Clingan a top 5 pick. That’s one way of saying he dominated you.
I actually didn't mind that after I digested it a second. He says it with a smirk. I agree that it is an acknowledgment of how much Donovan dominated that game.

One thing that stuck in my mind about this interview is how he threw the game plan, and the coaching staff, under the bus. It reminded me just how good our culture is at Connecticut.

Reaction Score
If the tournament had us playing these teams in a best of 3 or best of 5 scenario I'd have mortgaged my house to bet on uconn winning it all.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if they had played another half against us we would have beat them by 60 points. They played us even for the first 15 minutes and then we completely throttled them once we figured out how they were defending us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom