Cole Swider, Portsmouth RI | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cole Swider, Portsmouth RI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I see and get that but never enough quality shooters with size. The kid can flat out shoot it and from deep too, and he's athletic as well as growing. A Bobby Sura/Rashad Anderson rolled into 1? Polley seems like he can shoot it, mostly a mid ranger and Vance can be deemed a 3/4 with his size. There's room for this kid

I haven't watched enough of him, but I mean this genuinely: A Sura/Rashad rolled into 1 sounds amazing ...

Rashad is one of our most deadly snipers, and I LOVED Sura's game.

In today's game he'd be even better I bet, I think Grayson Allen (for as much as everyone hates him as a kid) plays a LOT like him, and I've loved Allen's game since he was in HS.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Need a kid who can come in and get buckets like that. Nice looking shot

Reaction Score
I see and get that but never enough quality shooters with size. The kid can flat out shoot it and from deep too, and he's athletic as well as growing. A Bobby Sura/Rashad Anderson rolled into 1? Polley seems like he can shoot it, mostly a mid ranger and Vance can be deemed a 3/4 with his size. There's room for this kid
Wow u just went Bobby Sura!!! I love love loved his game! Wrote a fake paper about meeting him over the summer in HS. I'm from fairly close to his hometown.

Reaction Score
Wow u just went Bobby Sura!!! I love love loved his game! Wrote a fake paper about meeting him over the summer in HS. I'm from fairly close to his hometown.

I also liked his game - kid out of PA that wanted to come to Storrs. Carved out an excellent college career at FSU, I believe along side Mayes dad?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I want all 3 -- Swider, Reeves & Duke -- for 2018. Add Dowuona for our big man and call it a day!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Swider is not a Bobby Sura type of athlete.
well then, based on that statement, to hell with him, we don't want him
But I would love to see him hoisting 3's with UConn across his chest - Bobby Sura athlete or not

Reaction Score
well then, based on that statement, to hell with him, we don't want him
But I would love to see him hoisting 3's with UConn across his chest - Bobby Sura athlete or not
I would love to have him, just stating he isn't that type of athlete. Sura before the injuries was as athletic as it gets.

Reaction Score
Swider is not a Bobby Sura type of athlete.
I don't watch the videos until they are coming to UConn, but I remember Bobby could really sky. Not sure if he crossed over with Mayes at all.

PG: Charlie Ward
SG: Sam Cassell
2G/SF: Bobby Sura
PF: Douglas Edwards
C: Rodney Dobard

Pat Kennedy was kinda a lightweight as a coach, but FSU had crazy talent on that team. They didn't ever make a Final 4, not sure about Elite 8?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Quick update - Ollie attend Cole's game a few days ago, that is when he offered in person. Cole had 35 and 8. Concerning his recruiting status, he is still a Nova lean. He is also pretty interested in Xavier. We are a long shot.

Reaction Score
Quick update - Ollie attend Cole's game a few days ago, that is when he offered in person. Cole had 35 and 8. Concerning his recruiting status, he is still a Nova lean. He is also pretty interested in Xavier. We are a long shot.

Hearing that there is definitely mutual interest but Nova is leading and possibly Providence College.

Reaction Score
Seems like he might be a bit redundant with Jackson? Or he may be looking at it that way.

Still, I'll take as many 6'8 shooters as we can fit on the roster.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Hearing that there is definitely mutual interest but Nova is leading and possibly Providence College.
Interesting, I have pretty good sources and PC has not been mentioned. Not saying it's not the case, just have not heard it.

Reaction Score
Interesting, I have pretty good sources and PC has not been mentioned. Not saying it's not the case, just have not heard it.

I will ask around again. Could be thinking reeves

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I will ask around again. Could be thinking reeves
Well you're correct that Nova leads. That has been and continues to be the case.

Reaction Score
I would love to have him, just stating he isn't that type of athlete. Sura before the injuries was as athletic as it gets.

Not sure what's different about a guy 2 inches taller that can shoot the ball really well and dunk when given the space, and has good vision too? Same athlete, taller, maybe a better shooter we don't know that. Loved Sura, this is the remake!

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Quick update, Cole is up to 22 offers now. Stanford called, he said he wants to stay on the east coast. Nova and Xavier lead. The info on the third school was a little fuzzy, it's either Creighton or Marquette - whichever one had a couple of private jets donated to it by a booster. I think it was Creighton, but not completely sure. He'll make a decision in the fall.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Quick update, Cole is up to 22 offers now. Stanford called, he said he wants to stay on the east coast. Nova and Xavier lead. The info on the third school was a little fuzzy, it's either Creighton or Marquette - whichever one had a couple of private jets donated to it by a booster. I think it was Creighton, but not completely sure. He'll make a decision in the fall.
If he want to stay in the East Coast, it must be Nova.....None of those other schools are on the East Coast. The Midwest, isn't the East Coast.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
If he want to stay in the East Coast, it must be Nova.....None of those other schools are on the East Coast. The Midwest, isn't the East Coast.
Sorry that was a transcription error, it was "in the east". And I know Nebraska isn't really in the east, but creighton plays in the BE so there would be a good number of games in the northeast.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
The official final four is Nova, Duke, Cuse and Xavier. Nova is the favorite.

Reaction Score
The official final four is Nova, Duke, Cuse and Xavier. Nova is the favorite.
Yet of course Duke got a flurry of picks upon offering.

Swider still only being top 80 after ranking updates is crazy to me. He's a top 15 scorer in the class, yet he's ranked way below players who are mostly projection like Mucius. He's going to make that ranking look stupid, I'm sure.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Yet of course Duke got a flurry of picks upon offering.

Swider still only being top 80 after ranking updates is crazy to me. He's a top 15 scorer in the class, yet he's ranked way below players who are mostly projection like Mucius. He's going to make that ranking look stupid, I'm sure.
His game will translate well to college. Great shooter and will be able to shoot over the top of most defenders. Creating his own shot and defense will be the areas he'll need to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom