Cole....Defense? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Cole....Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course, I get you want him benched only temporarily to try and light a fire. I repeat my question, when he's benched who do you propose we play at PG?
He thinks Jackson should get no minutes and Cole should get no minutes. He must have hit the DIPA'S hard this afternoon.

Reaction Score
We definitely made a mistake taking Gaffney over Amir Dawes (Al-Amir Dawes Stats, News, Bio | ESPN )

and Bones Hyland should be on this team too.

You could add Isaiah Wong to that list and, for AJ, at this early juncture it's looking like Syracuse did get the better player in Kadary Richmond. Richmond is not a good outside shooter but is a great passer, looks relaxed, confident, and is not intimidated. Takes the ball inside, is aggressive, makes his FT's and doesn't have the "deer in the headlights" look JG still seems to have. Richmond looks so relaxed everything he does looks easy, largely because he can get wherever he wants to go off the dribble and his passing is elite.

With him we win this game, but that's why DH gets the big salary. Has to make the right choices and hopefully next year we'll be playing as well as Steve Pikiell has Rutgers playing right now and JG will be dunking over Big Cliff when we play them.

Reaction Score
Gilbert makes both of those FTs

He missed both free throws in double OT v. Wichita State last season and happens to be shooting 36% from the field right now (about in line with what he did at UConn) for a Wichita State team with no post season aspirations.

I wish the guy best of luck, but this is the ultimate revisionist history.

It's Cole's fourth game at this level after multiple COVID stoppages as a team and we know he can score against quality defenses because he did it against P5 + Big East teams at Howard.

His defense was incredible, obviously you'd like to hit the FTs but it's a miss and he will learn.

The offense is a work in progress not just for him but all the whole team and comes with playing more games. Give it time.

You win as a team and lose as a team. It isn't just on him.

Reaction Score
The main issue is nobody wants to take shots right now. Maybe throwing the ball in to the post to Whaley or Sanogo changes things but right now everyone other than Bouk/Cole are complacent offensively

Complacent is not the right word. Fearful of screwing up maybe. Not sure what the goal was today offensively but you're right about needing some inside out action.

Hopefully it's just the inconsistency from being off 17 days and only playing their third game of the year against a team playing its eighth. Hopefully!

Reaction Score
We should be grateful if he can turn into something of Boatright's role, though clearly not as good. But just like with Boat, he can't be your primary point guard.

Reaction Score
He thinks Jackson should get no minutes and Cole should get no minutes. He must have hit the DIPA'S hard this afternoon.
Yeah I started responding in that other thread with the same thought and then just deleted it. Not worth the time

Reaction Score
Dude is playing on another level today - Bouknight is the story so far, but the job (and jump from previous game) Cole has displayed today can’t be overlooked.

Go, Huskies!
Hes going to get better and better as the season goes on. Hes still figuring things out. I have no doubt he`ll be one of our best players if we ever get to play games consistently.

Reaction Score
Gaffney was the worst player on the court for all of his minutes. I think Cole choked, but let’s be honest.
Agreed. At least Cole played D and did some things. Gaff was completely MIA and actually hurt us missing that killer wide open 3. It’s not even close who contributed more.

Reaction Score
Cole needs to be better offensively and needs to make those ft's but it's a shame the game ended that way for him. I watched the tape and he held Zegarowski to 4 points for the game.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
WHat da f is the point here? Does he have eligibility left? I could name 50 ex players that would’ve made both. It’s the first game in 14 days. His first big moment as a Husky and I’m sure it will be remembered for 20 yrs here. It’s how he bounces back and performs the rest of his games that will determine if he’s a winner or not. Not the third game and being compared to one of our best’s ever.
Yep. It's like his 4th game in 2 years. Let's see what happens.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cole needs to be better offensively and needs to make those ft's but it's a shame the game ended that way for him. I watched the tape and he held Zegarowski to 4 points for the game.

He played 40 too, I think he was gassed from that effort, which affected his shot. He was far from our biggest issue today. We got almost nothing from Adams in 27 minutes. Sanogo was actually effective in his 12 minutes. Why only 12? I know his D needs work, but Bishop abused Whaley on 3 straight possessions, so maybe Dan needs to have a little bit more patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom