Cole can’t wait to hit the court with UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cole can’t wait to hit the court with UConn

Reaction Score
They lost those games by boatloads. It’s like saying the backup quarterback who throws for 200 yards and 2 tds in the 2nd half of a 63-14 blowout is the next Tom Brady. Maybe he is but possibly the fact that the opponent is laying off is a contributing factor. Maybe he will be a significant contributor but guys coming from the MEAC to high major programs rarely are more than role players. If you rely on 5-11 point guards from MEAC teams to carry you in the Big East the odds are you will be disappointed.
Many of the guards he'll be matched up against in the BE are guards he's already "schooled" earlier in his career.. Played one of the toughest high school schedules in the country and went undefeated..Predicting he will be one of the top assist leaders in BE this yr .. Tough crowd on the BY..

Reaction Score
I'm bullish on Cole and agree he is likely an important part of the equation of replacing CV's scoring. It's a little concerning that, based on Hurley's comment, a year after practicing with the team it sounds like his D still isn't where it needs to be. I guess we always knew that the perimeter D of Vital and Gilbert would be tough to reproduce. Bouk has the tools to become a better defender and hopefully Cole can kick it up a notch.

Jackson and (hopefully) Martin will be huge on the defensive end. Both should be able to guard the 2-4. Cole and Bouknight may very well be the best scoring duo in the Big East, but both need work on defense.

Reaction Score
Jackson and (hopefully) Martin will be huge on the defensive end. Both should be able to guard the 2-4. Cole and Bouknight may very well be the best scoring duo in the Big East, but both need work on defense.
I love Bouk's offensive game.. Can't be a Matador on defense and play at the next level.. A matter of focus and pride..

Reaction Score
Many of the guards he'll be matched up against in the BE are guards he's already "schooled" earlier in his career.. Played one of the toughest high school schedules in the country and went undefeated..Predicting he will be one of the top assist leaders in BE this yr .. Tough crowd on the BY..

Looked up his stats vs the good ones while at Howard both years. Included were GTown twice, Indiana, Gonzaga, Harvard, UMass . He didn't shoot particularly well against any of them from the field, I am sure partially because they knew he was the guy but still some ugly numbers from 2 and 3. Havings said that he consistently had great FT numbers and went to the line a lot most games up to 8 FTs while making a very high percentage that's a good thing. Also, minus one of the games he had 6/6 TOs/A he was really good in this department too. 3 games with 7-8 assists and just 1 or 2 TO's so he does get the ball where it's needed. Hoping he shoots with a higher percentage due to having scorers around him and getting more open looks. We will see but he's a nice player, just how nice not sure yet.

Reaction Score
Looked up his stats vs the good ones while at Howard both years. Included were GTown twice, Indiana, Gonzaga, Harvard, UMass . He didn't shoot particularly well against any of them from the field, I am sure partially because they knew he was the guy but still some ugly numbers from 2 and 3. Havings said that he consistently had great FT numbers and went to the line a lot most games up to 8 FTs while making a very high percentage that's a good thing. Also, minus one of the games he had 6/6 TOs/A he was really good in this department too. 3 games with 7-8 assists and just 1 or 2 TO's so he does get the ball where it's needed. Hoping he shoots with a higher percentage due to having scorers around him and getting more open looks. We will see but he's a nice player, just how nice not sure yet.
Agree with you on having scorers around him.. He won't have to "be the man"..People in his face on D.. High FT percentages usually suggest very good shooters from outside.. Now that we know Martin will be playing..Whenever DH goes small ball.. We'll have a lot of tough match ups for opposing teams.. Not worried about us scoring points.. More concerned about whether we can make stops on D..

Reaction Score
We do? I thought that vote is scheduled for May?
Thought I read as a line item on a BY post recently..Realize it's important to be accurate..Esp on this particular issue..Will continue to look for post that I'm referencing..Poster was complimented as having a significant post for someone new to the Yard.. My bad if inaccurate..

Reaction Score
Thought I read as a line item on a BY post recently..Realize it's important to be accurate..Esp on this particular issue..Will continue to look for post that I'm referencing..Poster was complimented as having a significant post for someone new to the Yard.. My bad if inaccurate..
Hope that's the case. I think people are saying it's going to happen, but I don't think it's official yet.

Reaction Score
Harden does it
Good point..I think James H sees his value on the team at the offensive end.. Would still like to see Bouk become more of a two way player..At least while in Storrs..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom