Cochran off to great start | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cochran off to great start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
he lacks inches not experience!!

Actually, he will lack both. And he will step onto the practice field at UCONN facing warp speed in comparison to high school. As would any frosh QB.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but folks really need to manage their expectations with frosh QBs.

My sense is that with him, Nebrich, McCummings and Mac we will start to build some experience and depth next season. It would be my sincere hope that CC would red shirt next season unless he is lights out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The excitement of a high profile local recruit is fine. Thanks to those who keep up with this for the rest of us.

I'll reserve both my hope and judgement until after he plays a few games for us. We have/had higher rated players come in and disappoint. We've had low rated and walk on players become fan heroes and move on to the NFL. Casey is a good get for us and 20-30 more at his level would be great, but the variance on these kids is just to high to project anything. Especially when we have two freshmen who everyone seemed really happy about when they signed. They may both improve greatly before next season.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Come on...if Cochran is our starting quarterback next year we are in serious trouble...He is a 3-star recruit. Players in the Big East, heck players in the MAC are going to be bigger and faster than anything he's seen in his life. It is certainly possible that he can develop into a good quarterback. But as we've seen with Nebrich, who was a comparable high school player in arguably a better league, the adjustment is huge. I wouldn't be shocked if we also bring in a JUCO next season both to provide a level of competition and to possibly allow the both Nebrich and Cochran to reshirt.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I like Nebrich getting some snaps this year. There is a good chance in this long season, he will be needed to start a game.

After next spring, he should be in good shape to take command of the position if he is as good as we hope.

Reaction Score
Let's just count the number of people involved - PP > PP's close friend > your good friend > you.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible that PP and his staff's evaluation of CC is that he is projected to be a BCS caliber QB and that he may ready faster than his peers. But to say he will be starting next year without even having been in a UConn practice, based on third-hand "reports", is kind of ridiculous.

What he said.

Reaction Score
The kid at Rutgers lit us up.

Would you say he was a star for that team during the season? He looked great v. us, but how was he the rest of the season? I believe he was average to below average.

Reaction Score
The kid at Rutgers lit us up.
we got lit up by true freshman QBs against Rutgers two years in a row. to be honest it was probably unrealistic to think we would be able to RS Nebrich after Box left. we just don't have the depth at QB. if McEntee continues to be the better player there's always the chance Nebrich could take his RS next year or down the road.

Reaction Score
With all our issues at QB is bringing in just one QB enough?

Reaction Score
i wouldn't mind seeing us bring in a Juco or something to provide immediate competition for next year. ideally it'd be nice to RS Nebrich and Cochran and get our QB depth back in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom