Cochran is the starter | The Boneyard

Cochran is the starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco sat with all QB's by his side. Another reminder that more than one QB will be playing this season. #UConn

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
This was the best situation. Need to keep Whitmer and Chandler healthy so Boyle doesn't blow the redshirt year. Wish we could watch these pressers online.

Reaction Score
Well I'm not surprised. Casey was "the manager" on the field as far as I was concerned. We've got some heavyweights coming in early this year and you just need to go with the known commodity, and the guy who is least likely to lose the game for you. That's not a knock on the other 2, and I'm still very high on Tim Boyle. But after last year's terrible misuse of Tim there may need to be another transition period for him. Against BYU and Boise is not the time to do that IMO.

Chandler also has some good tools, but under the pressure and mismanagement of the offense by GDL, was never able to settle into a rhythm and generate a consistent attack. There always seemed to be an element of desperation, probably caused by running for his life. I believe he can do the job if needed but you can't argue with the success we had under Casey even though the circumstances and the opposition were radically different.

Big decision #1 in the books. Go Casey! Go UConn!

Reaction Score
This was the best situation. Need to keep Whitmer and Chandler healthy so Boyle doesn't blow the redshirt year. Wish we could watch these pressers online.
What other player gets his name wrong more than CW?? :D

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
"We are not 2 platoon, 2 headed monster. Casey is the starting QB. Chandler will come in to play his role." Diaco

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Gotta give Diaco a ton of credit, this was a tricky situation with the QB's and he has managed to get everyone to buy in while keeping Palatine and BL happy.

Zen Master in training.
Or the wisdom of Solomon.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I figured it would be Cochran, I wonder how much of this two QB system talk is just to keep Whitmer from losing focus ( for lack of a better term).

I can't imagine that "closer to 51-49 split than 85-15" is good for either QB or the team.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
CTMike said:
"We are not 2 platoon, 2 headed monster. Casey is the starting QB. Chandler will come in to play his role." Diaco

So Diaco expects Cochran to have the game wrapped up early in the third quarter and have Chandler come in for mop up duty (closer to the 51-49 split)?

13-0 here we come!! Can't wait to get to the field next week to see how this really plays out.

#HuskyUp

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I figured it would be Cochran, I wonder how much of this two QB system talk is just to keep Whitmer from losing focus ( for lack of a better term).

I can't imagine that "closer to 51-49 split than 85-15" is good for either QB or the team.
Agree 100%. We have a starter. No need to state that 51/49 nonsense.

Reaction Score
So Diaco expects Cochran to have the game wrapped up early in the third quarter and have Chandler come in for mop up duty (closer to the 51-49 split)?

13-0 here we come!! Can't wait to get to the field next week to see how this really plays out.

#HuskyUp

I took those reps to be practice reps not game reps but I could be wrong.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 6:57pm via TweetDeck
Bob Diaco said QB reps between Cochran and Whitmer will be closer to 51/49 percent breakdown than 85/15

I have no idea what this means in reality. I'm hoping...I don't what I hoping...it's a ridiculous statement that I didn't think BD had in him. CW playing H-Back? Tight End? This has never worked in my recollection. I guess I'm hoping he is lying.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
First major decision and he did not nail it. Hardly a confidence booster for a starter to look over his shoulder. Do not state that stuff in the press coach. Name a starter and SYFM.
Ugggghh
HCBD man crushers, bring it on......

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have no idea what this means in reality. I'm hoping...I don't what I hoping...it's a ridiculous statement that I didn't think BD had in him. CW playing H-Back? Tight End?

Just as long as it's not WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin