Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is the guy from Weeds. In that episode, they end up going to a country club to deal and Andy pretends to be a big shot CEO. Makes up a whole persona and calls himself Bill Sussman.

My name isn't actually even Bill but my old roommates used to call me Sussman because I was the one with the big corporate job, climbing up the ladder.....and then I would come home or go to a UConn tailgate and it was clear I was just pretending.

Pretending to tailgate or pretending to climb?

Reaction Score
If Narduzzi, does he keep Weist? Who else? You would expect Hughes to be gone, right?

Even if weist gets the job, I'd like to see us go in a different direction on defense. The guys I would like to be offered interviews are day, foley and wholly, plus TJ.

Reaction Score
Hondo Carpenter‏@HondoCarpenter23m
Next head coach at UCONN will be paid $2-$2.5 million per year. More than Mark Dantonio. That is an indictment on MSU & the administration
Clearly, Michigan State is a basketball school, since they pay their basketball coaches near the top of the industry.

Reaction Score
Hondo Carpenter‏@HondoCarpenter23m
Next head coach at UCONN will be paid $2-$2.5 million per year. More than Mark Dantonio. That is an indictment on MSU & the administration
err, where'd he get those numbers from? weren't we hearing like 1.5-1.7 million yesterday?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
someone already said that TJ Weist will not be considered for a position if not offered the HC gig.
IIRC Warde said that the new HC would be able to pick his own staff. Which may or may not mean Weist would be out of a job.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
IIRC Warde said that the new HC would be able to pick his own staff. Which may or may not mean Weist would be out of a job.

If I'm Narduzzi, I probably have contacts that know TJ so he can get a sense of the man. The O was clearly clicking, so I can imagine a situation where a D-minded HC keeps TJ.

But, it's up to whoever is the new HC.

Reaction Score
As it has been said multiple times, we need this hire to be a big splash.

Aside from Gronk going down, there is nothing going on this week and landing someone like Narduzzi would certainly make the front page of ESPN.com and a lot of other major publications (digital and traditional). Couldn't ask for better exposure.

Reaction Score
So it has been cloudy, rainy, cold and overcast in Atlanta for the better part of a week. Clouds just broke, sun is shining and I'm expecting an announcement soon.. Awaiting a couple puffs of smoke from across the way

Reaction Score
If it really is Narduzzi I doubt it'll be announced until after the Rose bowl - it's the first time in ~25 years for MSU, it'll be coaching political suicide for him to announce/jump prior to the game.

Reaction Score
If it really is Narduzzi I doubt it'll be announced until after the Rose bowl - it's the first time in ~25 years for MSU, it'll be coaching political suicide for him to announce/jump prior to the game.

You really think so though? He's one guy - not the entire school. As we've discussed in this very thread, I think Warde would totally be on board with letting him coach the Rose bowl so long as he recruits for us when he can in the meantime.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score

Well I might as well take the rest of the year off then because I am getting no work done until UConn names a head coach.

Reaction Score
If it is Narduzzi (big if, still), I would htink (hope) it is announced as soon as the deal is done, and if they agree he will remain to coach MSU in the Rose Bowl,, he at least can contact committed recruits and work to assemble his staff while continuing to coach MSU inthe Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score

The pressure to announce a new coach hire for UConn will be too strong to hold off that long... the longer it goes on, the longer the brand takes a hit (they are in ok territory now from a "search/interview process" perspective). UConn will not allow that to happen.

Reaction Score

I believe he said he would want to coach but I can't imagine they wait that long to make an announcement. Process has been moving to quickly and been too public to keep it a secret. And he's a coordinator potentially taking a head job. They would prefer to keep him but he won't be blamed or hated like if the head coach jumps for a different job.

Reaction Score
The pressure to announce a new coach hire for UConn will be too strong to hold off that long... the longer it goes on, the longer the brand takes a hit (they are in ok territory now from a "search/interview process" perspective). UConn will not allow that to happen.

To be honest, I'm very comfortable with where we are right now and how Warde has been handling this search. Props to him in that respect. Just needs to get us over the finish line with the right guy.

Reaction Score
When Bill O'Brien took over for Penn State he was their head coach and the OC for the Patriots, correct? Not sure if this is the same situation but it does happen.

Reaction Score
nah, disagree. once they have an agreement in place it'll be leaked somehow. UConn isn't waiting until after the Rose Bowl to announce their coach.

Reaction Score

Agreed, I'll be shocked if there isn't an announcement by Wednesday/Thursday at the absolute latest. I think they are wrapping up interviews today, discussing final decision and nailing down contract terms and then press conference this week. Or else there's gonna be a bunch of tired, sleepy and cranky BYers...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Agreed, I'll be shocked if there isn't an announcement by Wednesday/Thursday at the absolute latest. I think they are wrapping up interviews today, discussing final decision and nailing down contract terms and then press conference this week. Or else there's gonna be a bunch of tired, sleepy and cranky BYers...
If they are bringing in a couple more candidates whose agents don't have a reason to leak to the press, that could extend the interview process, maybe through this weekend. Then add on a couple days for negotiations. It could be a day or two, or a week and change. Just sayin' be prepared.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Slightly off-topic tweet - some disgruntled Rutgirls fans:

Fire Hermann and BoG ‏@ruscoop 1m
So UConn is willing to spend $2 million on a coach, but we've decided that athletics is no longer important now that we're in the Big Ten.

If Rutgers has cared about sports all these years, I shutter to think about what not-caring looks like. Sounds a lot like my *large* neighbor who retired and then let herself go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom