Coaching search… | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Coaching search…

Reaction Score
I toured/consulted in their football facility while I was working in the baseball facility. It’s going to better no question about it
So is our football facilities comparable? Or are theirs light years ahead of UConn’s?

Reaction Score
So is our football facilities comparable? Or are theirs light years ahead of UConn’s?
The actual fields are comparable but the player amenities are a different level. Not sure if UConn has upgraded anything in past 5 years

Reaction Score
If you can't win any football games then you probably don't deserve to many amenities.

Reaction Score
I’m a little skeptical about the Holy Cross coach for a few reasons:
  1. The Patriot League. It is not exactly the highest level FBS conference.
  2. It feels like we are hiring a guy just because he beat us.
  3. Merrimack and Harvard. That’s the level he is at.

Reaction Score
No matter how many people you insult, UConn football in fall of 2013, when Diaco was hired, is light years ahead of where it is now. Was in a conference. Was three years removed from the Fiesta Bowl. had a better roster. Had fans who bought tickets and showed up. Do you really need me to keep going?
The insults were on both sides. My argument was primarily that we weren’t small time for Moorhead, and I guess I was right cause he’s a candidate to watch out for. Which means there’s interest from both sides.

Reaction Score
Do you know his wife personally? Or are you related to Lashlee?

Don’t hurt anyone’s feelings, there’s a select few on here that stick together and one of them has little muscles on this site.

Reaction Score
Harasymiak has a better resume IMO. Been with PJ. Enthusiastic FBS experience.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Go look at his record impressive , Brian Kelley was a D2 coach, as was Lance Liepold..Winners win.

Reaction Score
Sean Lewis's team is on the tube again tonight. Two touchdowns in the first quarter and then an onside kick. Their defense isn't very good but if you like offense they are a lot of fun to watch.

Reaction Score
This has been talked on sports radio, the newspapers, etc etc etc
I have said it many many times - you could give Lashlee the keys to the university, the state and he still isn't coming here. He disliked CT and New England and his wife despised it. I heard this out of Dee Rowe's mouth at a wedding that winter.
He will not come here
So take that as a LINK?
Dee Rowe mixing with a portly Boneyarder? You have quite an imagination.

Reaction Score
Harasymiak has a better resume IMO. Been with PJ. Enthusiastic FBS experience.

- 12 years of head coaching experience for Chesney vs just 3 for Harasymiak.

- Maine was already a quality football program when Harasymiak took over. Chesney has built up 3 programs.

- If Harasymiak gets the job over Chesney we are putting a lot of faith in his one good year at Maine.

IMO 9 extra years of head coaching experience with success at three stops trumps working for PJ Fleck a few years.

Diaco spent many years with Brian Kelly and that ended up being worthless.

Harasymiak is a good candidate (much better than Golden) but to me Chesney clearly has the superior resume.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lashlee bolted for SMU after one year then went to Miami relatively soon after that. And let's be honest, SMU's offense is better since he left and Miami's offense is atrocious this year. Lashlee was living off Malzhan's offenses at Auburn and has seen, at best, minimal success once he left Malzhan behind.
Miami’s offense is atrocious????? Where the hell have you been???? Miami’s DEFENSE has given up 274 points so far this season. It’s only because of Lashlee’s expert play calling that Miami has managed to win a few games by scoring 2 or 3 points more that the other team. Their offense is pretty good, putting up 295 points so far this season.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score

- Maine was already a quality football program when Harasymiak took over. Chesney has built up 3 programs.

- If Harasymiak gets the job over Chesney we are putting a lot of faith in his one good year at Maine.

IMO 9 extra years of head coaching experience with success at three stops trumps working for PJ Fleck a few years.

Harasymiak is a good candidate (much better than Golden) but to me Chesney clearly has the superior resume.
Harasymiack also had Liam Coen as his o.c.

Reaction Score

Hard NO to Chesney... that is all

Reaction Score
Hard NO to Chesney... that is all

Why? Just because no FBS experience? It's one step up the ladder. Chesney is 43 and ready to take that step.

Why do you think he will fail?

BTW, its highly doubtful we can get a MAC coach like Lewis because he would view it as a very risky lateral move.

If we want a current head coach it will probably need to be someone moving up the ladder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So it's down to Moorhead, Chesney, Harasymiak, and Campanile? Gotta think they are in final negotiations with Moorhead if that has not already been done and they are just waiting until 11/28 to announce. But if it's not, I am OK with any of the first three although hearing the Chesney podcast before the game really impressed me. Humble, articulate, really sharp. Don't know anything about Campanile. I'll trust DB on this, not that it makes any difference. None of us get a vote, and besides at this point there is no hard core opposition forming to any of them anyway. Gotta be impressed with how little has leaked out. The mark of a professional operation.

Reaction Score
So it's down to Moorhead, Chesney, Harasymiak, and Campanile? Gotta think they are in final negotiations with Moorhead if that has not already been done and they are just waiting until 11/28 to announce. But if it's not, I am OK with any of the first three although hearing the Chesney podcast before the game really impressed me. Humble, articulate, really sharp. Don't know anything about Campanile. I'll trust DB on this, not that it makes any difference. None of us get a vote, and besides at this point there is no hard core opposition forming to any of them anyway. Gotta be impressed with how little has leaked out. The mark of a professional operation.

I agree, if Benedict wants charisma Chesney has it in spades.

1) Moorhead
2) Chesney

3) Harasymiak

If we can get one these three I would be happy, but thrilled with the first two.

Reaction Score
I agree, if Benedict wants charisma Chesney has it in spades.

1) Moorhead
2) Chesney

3) Harasymiak

If we can get one these three I would be happy, but thrilled with the first two.
Yeah, the thing I noticed about Chesney is that he doesn't fall back on tired old football buzzwords. He has a large vocabulary and can really explain down to the nuanced detail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom