Coaching search… | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Coaching search…

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Who fits your hope at this point? A team with no conference, a complete rebuild required and if successful will need to win at least 7 wins to even get a minor bowl bid and with a school and fan base that puts BB first is not attracting a sure fire top tier MAC coach. They have better options. So who do you want?
Wow someone here who makes sense!!! OMG

Reaction Score
UMass's top two candidates their admin are floating out there are Liam Coen and Don Brown. UConn's top candidates AD DB's floating out to gauge fan reaction .... Al Golden and Skip Holtz.....I guess he did give us Edsall. Not encouraging though.

YOU DO KNOW ... Don Brown is making 3 times now than Walt Bell was making. And I suspect that Liam Coen is now ... expensive for them too.

Stop with the whining. Either Golden or Holtz have some reasonable good points; when I opined Liam on here a month ago, I was ripped. Net net: YOU and others are not gonna be happy. We are going to have a HC. It will be someone with more assets, resources and paid a lot more than UMass.

Reaction Score
You really don’t think that Moorhead won’t have better opportunities at bigger schools with more money?

You really think Lashlee would entertain coming back? I don’t think so

We’ll get the best available person that actually wants to be be here. That pool is not large.

Nope, not at the moment. Did you not see the list of coaches I posted who are highly more considered right now than Moorhead? Moorhead is probably the 10th best coach out there, he probably sits between 10 and 15th best. There’s not going to be many P5 schools opening. Grinch is one coach I’ve listed ahead of Moorhead and he’s already a front runner for the Texas Tech job. Plus UConn is already committed to paying a coach $2-$3m and that’s two times his current salary.

Bro I wouldn’t even entertain Lashlee… lol we’re out of his league tf.. he has no HCing experience, jumps around too much which shows lack of commitment, and he doesn’t have much experience calling plays. He needs a HCing job at a FCS level school or a MAC school before I would even look his way.

I beg to differ, that list is longer than you think. I don’t know what’s more disappointing the fact that we have one win this season or that we have fans who think we’re in UMASSs league… highly disappointed in you Carl

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh really? You really think Dave would admit someone is out of our league? You really don’t think that Moorhead won’t have better opportunities at bigger schools with more money?

You really think Lashlee would entertain coming back? I don’t think so.

We’ll get the best available person that actually wants to be be here. That pool is not large.
With our facilities? I think for $2.5 million a year, Lashlee would come back in a heartbeat. Moorhead might too but maybe a little less likely. What’s critical is hiring a good OC and DC, guys that can help in recruiting. That will cost more money and I think Benedict will get the funding.

Reaction Score
Why are we talking about Lashlee? I thought we all agreed that he and his family hated it here. They are southerners. On top of that, UConn had such an amazingly poor D, he was throttled by RE on what he could do as OC.

Well the last impediment is gone, but I doubt that would be enough to interest him.

Reaction Score
It’s a great opportunity for the guy who wants to get after it and appreciates there is no better opportunity available anywhere :

1. Great pay -$2+Million a year
2. An opportunity to be appreciated for winning versus being skewered for losing a game or 2
3. Flagship brand name
4. Great football facilities
5. Nice campus
6. Excellent schools for the family
7. Low crime environment
8. Boston and New York, Beaches and Skiing within driving distance

What it isn’t:
1. A good pay day for a guy looking to hop on the last gravy train to end his career
2. A guy who wants to sit in the captain’s seat while the ship drives on autopilot
3. A nightlife/ playtime location to chase skirts

Reaction Score
It’s a great opportunity for the guy who wants to get after it and appreciates there is no better opportunity available anywhere :

1. Great pay -$2+Million a year
2. An opportunity to be appreciated for winning versus being skewered for losing a game or 2
3. Flagship brand name
4. Great football facilities
5. Nice campus
6. Excellent schools for the family
7. Low crime environment
8. Boston and New York, Beaches and Skiing within driving distance

What it isn’t:
1. A good pay day for a guy looking to hop on the last gravy train to end his career
2. A guy who wants to sit in the captain’s seat while the ship drives on autopilot
3. A nightlife/ playtime location to chase skirts

We’re probably the best G5 Athletics out there and we’ve been consistently considered for P5 realignment. Women’s basketball has 11 National Championships, men’s have 4 National Championships. Footballs peak made it to the Fiesta Bowl, many other bowl games and we smacked S. Carolina ( SEC school ) silly in one of them, and had a lot of players drafted to the NFL. UConn is not UMass even though some on here thinks we are.

Reaction Score
We’re probably the best G5 Athletics out there and we’ve been consistently considered for P5 realignment. Women’s basketball has 11 National Championships, men’s have 4 National Championships. Footballs peak made it to the Fiesta Bowl, many other bowl games and we smacked S. Carolina ( SEC school ) silly in one of them, and had a lot of players drafted to the NFL. UConn is not UMass even though some on here thinks we are.

Nobody thinks we are UMass. What we are is very low on the list of desireable jobs.

If you can’t see that then it’s simply not worth arguing with a delusional fool.

Reaction Score
Nobody thinks we are UMass. What we are is very low on the list of desireable jobs.

If you can’t see that then it’s simply not worth arguing with a delusional fool.
I’m delusional, but you’re one out of maybe three on here that thinks UConn is not desirable. I guess Carl. You win.

Reaction Score
LOL at anyone pounding their chest over the qualifications of the Bengals linebacker coach. He's so desirable Temple didn't go near him when they had an opening 3 years ago. GTFOOH!

I'd much rather have the guy who came into our house and whipped us with an FCS roster no where near as talented as ours, and he runs a spread read/option offense which is perfect for PUMA.

Chesney is the guy Bob Diaco pretended to be. The proof is in the record. We can get the real deal this go around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
6-6, 7-5, 8-4 will be good years. Any more than that will be great years. Edsall never won 10 games here his 1st go around either. 4-8, 5-7 years will be tolerable. 3 wins or less terrible.

More than wins or losses will be competitiveness and exciting football. Diaco had them competitive but boring as shat, and that started sending fans away. It was brutal sitting there watching the game against UVA we eventually won. Like watching paint dry. Edsall's 2.0 teams never looked like they had a chance. Hard to give up fall Saturdays to go to a stadium and feel like that.

Huh? The only time I remember beating UVA was Donald Brown’s year, and we destroyed them. That might have been the best football game UConn ever played.

But the Diaco 6-6 year, it is true that we beat 5 horrific teams and beat them in really ugly games with little offense. The win at Tulane would be an example of an unwatchable game.

Reaction Score
Huh? The only time I remember beating UVA was Donald Brown’s year, and we destroyed them. That might have been the best football game UConn ever played.

But the Diaco 6-6 year, it is true that we beat 5 horrific teams and beat them in really ugly games with little offense. The win at Tulane would be an example of an unwatchable game.
We beat them in Bronco Mendenhall 1st year there when they ran a Chinese fire drill trying to get their FG team on at the end of the game to it.

Reaction Score
The worst Diaco embarrassment was against Missouri. That was only because so many people saw it. The announcers in the studio were laughing hysterically at us at one point because our offense was so simple and so bad. I think it was Jesse Palmer laughing the most. My wife was in the kitchen behind me as my face flushed and she goes “Oh honey, they are laughing at your team. I’ve never seen that happen before.”

It was just more UConn football fan trauma.

Reaction Score
I often wondered how big of a jerk Bo Pelini must be to not get any other looks. He was the last guy to have success at Nebraska and is not that old.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I’m delusional, but you’re one out of maybe three on here that thinks UConn is not desirable. I guess Carl. You win.
Lol he does , 11 losing seasons about sums it up

Reaction Score
These posts about potential head coaches are intriguing. If you were a young up-and-comer, what would be your single biggest concern to address in the job interview? I would think it has to be conference membership. The AD has to have short term and long term goals for the program even though CR makes it difficult. Intriguing times for the program indeed.

Reaction Score
The worst Diaco embarrassment was against Missouri. That was only because so many people saw it. The announcers in the studio were laughing hysterically at us at one point because our offense was so simple and so bad. I think it was Jesse Palmer laughing the most. My wife was in the kitchen behind me as my face flushed and she goes “Oh honey, they are laughing at your team. I’ve never seen that happen before.”

I was at the BC game when he called a fake field goal in the first quarter with the score zero-zero. It was forth and goal from ......ng 19!

The whole place went silent because I don't think anyone could believe that such a stupid play call could be made.

Reaction Score
These posts about potential head coaches are intriguing. If you were a young up-and-comer, what would be your single biggest concern to address in the job interview? I would think it has to be conference membership. The AD has to have short term and long term goals for the program even though CR makes it difficult. Intriguing times for the program indeed.
I would think the opportunity to play a schedule full of P5 teams on National TV most games, trumps whatever a Conference USA membership brings. Certainly to recruits but i would think also to a up and coming coach.

Reaction Score

If we are prepared to pay the next coach a little north of $2.5mil, then UConn is definitely not very low on the list of desirable jobs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is trying to let some air out, is passing gas, is the delusional one, or all three.

Reaction Score

Didn’t he get called for being on the playing field after the ball was snapped a couple times?

Reaction Score
That will be a very short conversation. UConn will be an independent for a very long time and no efforts are being made to change that nor will they be in the future unless the landscape changes i.e. UConn gets really competitive, BB and Hockey win national championships, and they achieve AAU membership. Also in the unlikely case that a P5 suddenly needs another member. None of the G5 are a fit.

Reaction Score

But the defense was great so in BDs mind they actually won.

Reaction Score

The Mizzou and Navy games did it for me with him...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom