Coaching changes 2020 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Coaching changes 2020

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Seems not, though sounds like Kara had her sights set on Beth and called Muffet early on.

"Cunningham admits there wasn’t a deep relationship between her and Lawson. They may have talked for 10 minutes at a shootaround if Lawson was broadcasting a Notre Dame game. But there was a mutual respect there."

Was the decision not to be on Niele's staff mutual?

“The reason I came back was for Coach McGraw to begin with,” Cunningham said. “With her stepping aside, I was ready for that next chapter.”

“I can’t imagine being at a better place right now than this environment. Duke is one of the most prestigious schools in the world,” Cunningham said. “From an athletics and a school perspective, you can’t find a better brand than Duke.”

Has ND WBB ever issued a formal statement on Beth's departure?

Have not seen one from ND WBB or the overall Athletic Department, which has rubbed several on the Bench the wrong way. Mind you, not all assistant coaches get those kinds of press releases but Cunningham is no normal assistant coach: ND grad, Ring of Honor recipient and one very popular person on campus and in the community.

As for kick start, I'm not surprised that someone from Duke put a call into Muffet at some point in this process. In this case, the position was for assistant coach. So, the talks with Beth may have been brief but the one that mattered was good enough!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
HPU legend jumps into the coaching world.

Interesting aside: WVSU is an HBCU... but its student body is 75% white.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington has filled the opening on their staff with Tamara McDonald, a former standout player from Pepperdine (while Wynn was an assistant there).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A big loss for the Beavers??

I'm not sure about big loss. Unfortunate a position had to be eliminated. They still have 3 assistant coaches--Brian Holsinger, Jonas Chatterton and Katie Faulkner. I've heard all 3 of those coaches talked about in regards to recruiting and/or player development.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Former ECU Coach Heather Macy returns to the sidelines. Back to her alma mater. Greensboro College.

I'm already looking forward to the Greensboro vs Guilford matchups on the hardwood. When the Pride and the Fighting Quakers meet up... you can throw out the record books.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Dusting off this quaint old thread.

Tying up loose ends in the header post, I'm just now learning that:
  • former Maryland standout Laura Harper is now the head coach at Coppin State.
  • former Purdue standout (and assistant at Vanderbilt) Shereka Wright is now the head coach at UT Arlington.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom