Coaching and funny money? | The Boneyard

Coaching and funny money?

Reaction Score
With all the crazy money being thrown at coaches right now.. do we give Hurley a lifetime contract? Our best years are still to come. With Cooley getting $6million. AD Dave needs to up the contract with a MASSIVE buyout. Hurley loves Uconn and the northeast give the guy a lifetime contract before Kentucky/carolina/Michigan/Oklahoma state etc try to weasel in and grab him. Those schools have massive donors and will be looking for coaches in a year or 2. Lifetime contract or no? Lock him up Dave

Reaction Score
You don't give someone a lifetime contract after 1 elite-8. You really shouldn't give a lifetime contract to anyone. The game is too fickle for that.

Just renegotiate his salary for 4.5 million-ish and bump up the assistant coaches salaries to get some high-level guys in here after Luke and Kimani leave in the next couplefew years.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You don't give someone a lifetime contract after 1 elite-8. You really shouldn't give a lifetime contract to anyone. The game is too fickle for that.

Just renegotiate his salary for 4.5 million-ish and bump up the assistant coaches salaries to get some high-level guys in here after Luke and Kimani leave in the next couplefew years.
The assistant pool really is the under appreciated part of this. It’s much easier for Dan/Dave to ask for more money pouring into the program when you have real success. You don’t want any of these guys listening to offers for lateral moves either.

Reaction Score
Better give him something fast. Cause no way with how our sports budget is. We're not gonna be able to afford when the true big boys come calling.. and they will be calling (age/recruiting/coaching/players love him) he's gonna make MAJOR money very soon..hope it's at uconn

Reaction Score
Hurley not going to go anywhere, where would he even go??

Reaction Score
Better give him something fast. Cause no way with how our sports budget is. We're not gonna be able to afford when the true big boys come calling.. and they will be calling (age/recruiting/coaching/players love him) he's gonna make MAJOR money very soon..hope it's at uconn
There aren't that many bigger boys than us. You can count those jobs on one hand.

He did allude a while ago to wanting to give the NBA a go at some point, but he's not there yet.

Reaction Score
With all the crazy money being thrown at coaches right now.. do we give Hurley a lifetime contract? Our best years are still to come. With Cooley getting $6million. AD Dave needs to up the contract with a MASSIVE buyout. Hurley loves Uconn and the northeast give the guy a lifetime contract before Kentucky/carolina/Michigan/Oklahoma state etc try to weasel in and grab him. Those schools have massive donors and will be looking for coaches in a year or 2. Lifetime contract or no? Lock him up Dave
Oklahoma state? Excuse me?

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
We only need to fear the NBA. We are the best fit for him at the collegiate ranks. Michigan? OK St? Come on dude!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
None of these schools will outbid us. I’d only be sorta worried about a Kentucky/Duke, but first they’d have to fire their coaches(not happening), prioritize Dan(who knows what criteria they’ll use in their search), Dan would have to actually want to leave. Let’s not worry about such things right now.

Reaction Score
Count me as very worried that Dan Hurley is gonna leave UConn for Oklahoma State /s

xclamations

Back2Back2
Reaction Score
hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd love to keep the assistants until we win a title. Back in November I asked if we had the best group of assistants in the country. I'm not going to pretend I know every staff in the country, but I love this set. It's well-rounded. Experienced, but also hungry with a couple guys looking to get top jobs. Stat-savvy and analytical, but with Calhoun DNA mixed in. Strong Xs and Os and elite recruiting.

Reaction Score
The FAU coach is in line for a better job. He won't join them in their move to the AAC. 32 wins so far this year at a mid-major and reaching the Elite 8 is impressive.

Reaction Score
Not trying to make trouble. And I do think we will have a long run with Hurley. But he has said in the past that he would like to coach an NBA team. A long and successful run at UConn would probably result in that opportunity. But he has to know that he could have a perrennial title contender and very good life in Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom