coaches poll... uconn 9th | The Boneyard

coaches poll... uconn 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't think of a year where there was less star power in the Big East than right now. Look at that preseason first team - all really nice players, but come on.

Reaction Score
Can't think of a year where there was less star power in the Big East than right now. Look at that preseason first team - all really nice players, but come on.

Thought the same exact thing when I read the Courant this morning. Dom Amore listed Kilpatrick, Cooley, and Woodal, among others as candidates. My only thought was, "What a down year the Big East will have!" Though this could bode well for UConn. It may give them a chance of finishing a little higher than expected.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Cleveland Melvin is a 1st-teamer, I don't care what you say.

This is going to be a rough year for the BE.

Reaction Score
Hey, 9th worked for UConn last time!

I find it comical that people are saying the program is dead and that the team is devoid of talent and yet they are still picked 9th in a 15 team league. If that's as bad as it gets then I think UConn is going to be fine once there's a little more stability with the program and the sanctions are over.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Though this could bode well for UConn. It may give them a chance of finishing a little higher than expected.

Yeah, maybe we'll get a 1st day bye in the BET.

Reaction Score

Not really. 9th worked 2 years ago, but it didn't work last year. Besides, they ended up finishing just about 9th both years. I would hope that in a down BE UConn would finish higher than that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would have expected us to be picked lower given our defections (Lamb and Drummond especially) but it appears the coaches expect us to surprise some people I think Ollie is able to get these kids to play really hard for him, and they certainly have some talent. Gonna be interesting to see if our backcourt can live up to expectations and if our front court can surprise some people.

Reaction Score
Not really. 9th worked 2 years ago, but it didn't work last year. Besides, they ended up finishing just about 9th both years. I would hope that in a down BE UConn would finish higher than that.

We weren't picked 9th last year. We were picked 1st.

Reaction Score
We were ranked #10. Won the National Championship. Bitch all you want ...

Reaction Score
Cleveland Melvin is a 1st-teamer, I don't care what you say.

This is going to be a rough year for the BE.

LOL. Seriously. When you look at those lists, you have to believe that any one or combination of SN, RB, OC, and DD can make a serious run at them!

Reaction Score

I find it comical that people are saying the program is dead and that the team is devoid of talent and yet they are still picked 9th in a 15 team league. If that's as bad as it gets then I think UConn is going to be fine once there's a little more stability with the program and the sanctions are over.
They were picked 10th 2 years ago. Forget everything I wrote then!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
League certainly seems down on star power. Maybe a lot of decent, but not overly strong teams. I think Louisville could run away with it. Siva hasn't graduated yet? What is this, his 7th season in Louisville? Feels like it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
League certainly seems down on star power. Maybe a lot of decent, but not overly strong teams. I think Louisville could run away with it. Siva hasn't graduated yet? What is this, his 7th season in Louisville? Feels like it.

hes on the levance fields academic calendar. play bball for 4 years, seems like 8 and while a good ball player will never turn into nba greatness.

Reaction Score

It seems like Louisville and Cuse have the most talent, then everyone else (including us) has pieces.
The league is way down on star power. The players on the preseason teams would make honorable mention at most in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom