Coaches Poll - ND Still Gets 1 First Place Vote | The Boneyard

Coaches Poll - ND Still Gets 1 First Place Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Stanford is now outside the top-4 in both polls.
Does that automatically make them a 2?

And does that not make the possibility more likely
of a UTenn semi-final and a Notre Dame final;
A deserving finish for our unblemished campaign.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

No, because the polls are not used in determining seed or bracket.

Reaction Score

No.
The polls do not directly affect the committee.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
OK

Three experts say no
the polls don't count

But surely they have some influence
or portend a general feeling, or reality of how the teams should be ranked thereby situated.

I mean you can't have Fordham and Hofstra as a #1 seed?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That's were Tennessee started the season.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter to me because IMO this UConn team is healthy and a very powerful team that can blow out any team in the tournament including ND. We are so much better then last season and healthy and confident. With that said how does Tenn become a top 4 team when they've struggled all season? Yeah they won the SEC and the SEC isn't what they were. Plus Tenn has 5 losses. Somebody loves Tenn to make they a top 4 team. My top teams in order

UConn
ND
Louisville
Stanford
Baylor
West Virginia
Tenn
South Carolina
Duke
MD

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

You are right that it does diminish the chances of getting a #1 seed if you are not ranked in the top four. The last four years the top 4 ranked teams have been the #1 seeds. The last team to make it to a #1 seed from outside the top 4 was Duke in 2009 who were oddly ranked #6 in AP and #8 in Coaches. Didn't work out well for the Blue Devils as they were bounced in the second round by 14 points.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter to me because IMO this UConn team is healthy and a very powerful team that can blow out any team in the tournament including ND. We are so much better then last season and healthy and confident. With that said how does Tenn become a top 4 team when they've struggled all season? Yeah they won the SEC and the SEC isn't what they were. Plus Tenn has 5 losses. Somebody loves Tenn to make they a top 4 team. My top teams in order

UConn
ND
Louisville
Stanford
Baylor
West Virginia
Tenn
South Carolina
Duke
MD
Right on Tony. Tenn could lose to any of the top 16 teams.

Reaction Score
It's either a sore loser or an ND homer.
or maybe someone who thinks Notre Dame may be better? Although I think Uconn is a 10 point favor Notre Dame slightly has a better backcourt while Uconn has a better frontcourt. I'm so ready to see both of them play. Notre Dame transition game is just BEAUTIFUL

Reaction Score
or maybe someone who thinks Notre Dame may be better? Although I think Uconn is a 10 point favor Notre Dame slightly has a better backcourt while Uconn has a better frontcourt. I'm so ready to see both of them play. Notre Dame transition game is just BEAUTIFUL
So even though you think UConn is 10 points better, you think someone that is obviously nuts should get a vote in that poll?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
So even though you think UConn is 10 points better, you think someone that is obviously nuts should get a vote in that poll?

It's not nuts to think ND is better. It's a minority view, sure, but it's not nuts. I believe that UConn is better but I can still respect someone's reasoning in saying ND is better (as long as they use actual reasoning).

Reaction Score
Just because I think they're better doesn't mean everyone else should. That's their opinion and I respect that. If Jewel Loyd and Kayla have big games they can beat ANYONE in this league. Notre Dame isn't afraid of Uconn and majority of their team has beaten Uconn multiple times. Also, don't forget about their QUEEN of a coach. Matter of fact I'm not to sure if Uconn is a 10 point favor, more like 9 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom