Coach Shea Ralph leaves Bubble and returns home! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coach Shea Ralph leaves Bubble and returns home!

Reaction Score
I should probably mention a little bit about my experience. I coached middle school kids in a rec league for 3 years and came very close to having a winning record. So, no worries if the whole coaching staff goes belly up.

Reaction Score
Why any concern? Everyone knows Paige is the defacto coach. Ask Nika.

Out of curiosity, does the NCAA have a rule that requires a team to have a coach in order to play a game?

Reaction Score
Best wishes to Shea and her family!
Why would Shay even go home after what happened to Geno this past week. It makes no sense to me. The whole team including staff should be in a bubble now until they play .

Reaction Score
Do you think if they were worried about game 1 Shea would take off? Honestly! CD can roll out the balls and let the team decide who plays what position and win game 1. Game 2 she should make out the starting lineup and then check in for half time.
An 8/9 opponent is not a gimme.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Why would Shay even go home after what happened to Geno this past week. It makes no sense to me. The whole team including staff should be in a bubble now until they play .

First of her name is Shea and secondly , why would she stay in Texas? She can't stay in the bubble if there is the slightest chance she may have or get COVID. And it doesn't make sense to stay down there and try to isolate as she has no support system away from the team. Texas is abandoning masks and other COVID protocols. Staying down there is a bigger risk than coming home. When she gets the all clear then back she goes into the bubble.

Reaction Score
Does UConn even make it to the starting line? With these cases popping up around the UConn atmosphere, at what point do they have to withdraw due to COVID cases?

Thus far it is "case", singular. Only Geno.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Right next to the Alamo is an old small hotel, the Menger. There is a small bar on the ground floor. in 1898, Teddy Roosevelt used this room as he began to organize the ROUGH RIDERS.

Reaction Score
are you seriously suggesting she has left the team in the bubble about to start the NCAA's in a few days, whilst they are already without Geno, faked her family member being sick (we dont know if they are asymptomatic or not) all to take a call for a head coaching job that she could very well have discussions about in a months time after the season has ended?
Whoa! Whoa! Where did that come from? It’s a long way from musing about whether Oklahoma might possibly look at Shea for a coaching job to some sort of Machiavellian scheme that requires her to desert her current already short handed team while faking the illness of a family member! Unbelievable!

Reaction Score
First of her name is Shea and secondly , why would she stay in Texas? She can't stay in the bubble if there is the slightest chance she may have or get COVID. And it doesn't make sense to stay down there and try to isolate as she has no support system away from the team. Texas is abandoning masks and other COVID protocols. Staying down there is a bigger risk than coming home. When she gets the all clear then back she goes into the bubble.
It depends on where you are in Texas. People in some areas never have followed the protocols much. Here in Austin, the basic protocols (masks and physical distancing) continue to be widely observed in most places. I do not go to bars or indoor restaurants so I can't speak to them. I do go to stores, parks, and even on occasion to a restaurant with widely spaced outdoor seating. I am not sure where San Antonio fits on the spectrum. I have not been since the shutdown last year.

Reaction Score
Down to 2 coaches ... that's less than ideal.
Ahh but it only makes the family unit that much more tighter and victory down the road that much sweeter! Victory through adversity the rally cry!
This only leaves Jamelle to do the scout. Not much sleep going to be happening there for the next couple weeks
@j66kicker and others absolutely no attack but do realize we are in a world of constant global communication. Both Geno and Shea will be in communication with the team via cell phone and computers. They both only have to be cleared to get back to the final four to help cut the nets. ;)
If CD goes down, I’ll have to cancel my fishing trip and head to Texas. My wife’s hunting for my clip board as we speak.
No attack @LoboDays but going by some of your posts your wife is the one that hid your clipboard. ;)
No such thing as a bad day fishing why take the chance. :D

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
An 8/9 opponent is not a gimme.
Especially if the opponent is Syracuse. They have the kind of length that has given UConn trouble and a really good point guard. They also shoot a lot of three pointers. They could be trouble, a lot of trouble, unless UConn's defense is as smothering as it has been lately.

Reaction Score
SDS could be trouble for this young team...
I think someone mentioned Ted Lasso. He could coach this team to victory in the first Two games. In the Women’s game, the bottom 32 teams are on the beach after the 2 round. If one of them knocks off a #1 seed, someone was greatly overrated.

Reaction Score
I think someone mentioned Ted Lasso. He could coach this team to victory in the first Two games. In the Women’s game, the bottom 32 teams are on the beach after the 2 round. If one of them knocks off a #1 seed, someone was greatly overrated.

That was the most surprising television show I have ever seen. Thought it would be good - didn't realize it would be amazing!

Reaction Score
If one of them knocks off a #1 seed, someone was greatly overrated.
Not necessarily.

Every game has a luck component, whether it be a hot shooting night, favorable officials calls, etc. If the teams are sufficiently close in overall strength and there's an overly large luck component (rare but not impossible), then upsets happen. In WCBB there is traditionally a pretty large gap between 1 & 8, so the luck required is quite high. In MCBB, it's much closer so there are more upsets. If the gap is shrinking in WCBB -- and certainly with no dominant team this year, it's probably smaller than past years -- then an 8 could win.

Reaction Score
That was the most surprising television show I have ever seen. Thought it would be good - didn't realize it would be amazing!
There was just something the character that everyone loved.

Reaction Score
It is puzzling to me when I hear people obsessing or even expressing concern about High Point or Syracuse. It is almost inconceivable that UConn would lose to either team. The teams we have to worry about are later in the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom