Coach K picked the refs? | The Boneyard

Coach K picked the refs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what do all 3 of the refs have in common?

After a quick search here:
statsheet.com/mcb/referees

All 3 of them work the ACC as their 1 of 2 conferences that they routinley work.

They wanted Okafor to go off so get our big guys out of the way. Good job Okafor on getting like 6 non free throw points against our 2nd stringer.

Reaction Score
I'd take ACC refs over the crap refs in our conference. From what I remember I'd take Monroe rec league refs over AAC refs.

Reaction Score
Eh. Refs weren't why we lost. You can't just get 24 points outside of Hamilton and Boat.

Reaction Score
Ripper32 said:
Eh. Refs weren't why we lost. You can't just get 24 points outside of Hamilton and Boat.

I agree. I was just a bit annoyed that were a couple bad ones in key spots. Missing the basket interference on the tip in off the missed FT was terrible. That was obvious, and the ball was bouncing there in slow motion - I don't understand how three officials can miss that. But we were down 6 with a minute to go, so we were just kinda hoping for improbable drama at that point. The Jones ward off should be an offensive foul, but is something college officials never get right. A bit annoying with the soft calls that Okafor got when Boat was getting bumped off the dribble at the other end, but oh well. That's life in the big city. DD and Boat had soft calls go against them against Kentucky last year, but we won, so it's sort of loser's lament to nit pick some calls.

We just needed to play better. The 17-4 run (or whatever it was that stretched it from 0 to 13) was bad basketball on our part when we had a big game there for the taking. Too many mistakes on our end - too many Duke layups.

Reaction Score
it was our players fault. not the refs.
get a clue
Ironic that u say i need to get a clue when you are the one missing the point here. Ill repeat all 3 refs are acc refs AND they had 21 more ft ....coincidence, i think not

Reaction Score
Ironic that u say i need to get a clue when you are the one missing the point here. Ill repeat all 3 refs are acc refs AND they had 21 more ft ....coincidence, i think not

But Duke has more active swingmen with length. They were getting more offensive rebounds and driving the lane. Of course, they are going to draw more fouls. I don't know about 21 fts but definitely a lion's share. The refs didn't really come up a blip on my screen. The offensive ineptitude was the main problem. They held duke under 40% shooting and forced 19 TOs, yet still lost by 10. And it's largely because the rest of the team isn't ready to help Boatwright at this stage. It's going to take time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
refs destroyed momentum - we lost puke won... whatever.

On to the next.. we're not all jets fans people, all is not lost. We're UConn God Damn!t.. let's act like it

Reaction Score
UConn was their own worst enemy and they were the reason they lost ultimately.

But if you didn't see a flaw in the way Duke was treated by the stripes you weren't watching. I'm all for "We beat ourselves" and it's true. But Okafor was treated like he was a junior who has already proven he's the next Wilt. Twice the 2 arms extended for offensive rebounds, once on Lubin and once on Nolan and right in plain view as he's being boxed out and nothing? Even Jay Bilas didn't have the balls to offer an opinion on that one. And the time he went to hole on Brimah who was square in the 2nd half? It was actually a joke the way he was treated. I will say Brimah's first 2 were on Brimah they were correct but that's about it.

When we tied it 30-30 it's on our guys not to make stupid plays and they did allow that run by Duke which was eventually "the game" right there, not the refs! Hamilton made a great move to the hole and missed a bunny at 36-32 which would have stemmed the tide.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'd take ACC refs over the crap refs in our conference. From what I remember I'd take Monroe rec league refs over AAC refs.

not plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger