Coach K is a great coach but..... | The Boneyard

Coach K is a great coach but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's just be anti Duke and point something out. Back in the 90s when he had a bad team he deserted his team for some sort of "back problem".

Twenty years after of continued success, he has another bad team and now he misses a game because he has a "cold"???

(Ignore the times Calhoun missed those games when he was sick in the bashing)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
what I always found somewhat amusing is how he took the time to have the poor season expunged from his record

he had 4 wins and 15 losses removed from his record from 1995

over the top petty to me, a look inside of one's soul, a reflection on one's value system, just weird

willie99

Reaction Score
he had a bad back, so he left his bad team in mid-season

even though he recruited the players, coached them until he left, they played his system all year, and he returned to coach them the beginning of the next season, he had their record after he left the team expunged from his record (just look at his career stats, you'll see 95/96 has a lot fewer games)

does anyone think he would of had that season expunged if they won a national championship after he left?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the announcement that he has pneumonia and will be gone for the rest of the season. The other incredible thing about his 1995 hiatus was he got Pete Gaudet, the assistant coach who took over, fired after the season, like it was all his fault that the team sucked. Adding insult to injury, Gaudet had started out as the "restricted earnings" assistant, meaning he was basically a volunteer coach. The NCAA later did away with that nonsense.

What a weasel Coach K is.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the announcement that he has pneumonia and will be gone for the rest of the season. The other incredible thing about his 1995 hiatus was he got Pete Gaudet, the assistant coach who took over, fired after the season, like it was all his fault that the team sucked. Adding insult to injury, Gaudet had started out as the "restricted earnings" assistant, meaning he was basically a volunteer coach. The NCAA later did away with that nonsense.

What a weasel Coach K is.
that's BS about Gaudet. there was no reason to fire Gaudet. Guy works forever to get to that position and due to no fault of his own, K lets him go afterwards. That's really is low class and crappy.

Reaction Score
Twenty-one years ago the guy had some losses removed from his record from a team he didn't coach. Twenty-one years ago the guy fired some guy for reasons to which nobody here is privy.

A few days ago, the guy missed a game because he had a cold.

That was the raison d'etre for this thread?

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Reaction Score
Twenty-one years ago the guy had some losses removed from his record from a team he didn't coach. Twenty-one years ago the guy fired some guy for reasons to which nobody here is privy.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Even more pathetic when you consider that it wasn't K's idea nor his decision to have those games removed from his record. He didn't coach the games, so by rule, they don't go on his record. And if I remember correctly, he missed that much time because he was laid up after back surgery. He didn't decide to not coach those games.

Reaction Score
Even more pathetic when you consider that it wasn't K's idea nor his decision to have those games removed from his record. He didn't coach the games, so by rule, they don't go on his record. And if I remember correctly, he missed that much time because he was laid up after back surgery. He didn't decide to not coach those games.
When Calhoun was not coaching for whatever reasons, such as illness or NCAA reasons, did those games get on his record? If so, there must be some type of decision process by someone to do that. What about the Syracuse coach this year with games not coached?
Not sure this is accurate but in Wikipedia said this about Cronin from Cincinnati:

**Cronin missed a portion of the 2014-15 season due to an illness. Cronin will receive both the wins and the losses, based on a decision by athletic director Mike Bohn after UC officials sought a ruling on the issue from the NCAA and were told that it was up to the school.[20]

willie99

Reaction Score

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

oh boo hoo, righteous police make me laugh

Reaction Score
oh boo hoo, righteous police make me laugh

Every hysterical Duke or Kentucky thread makes the "Why isn't UConn considered on par with Duke and Kentucky?" threads that much more laughable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The boneyard needs a Duke/UK board like we need air to breathe. Coach K/ Cal literally own multiple acres of land in your heads.

Oh, it's mostly in fun. Let the board have some fun.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The boneyard needs a Duke/UK board like we need air to breathe. Coach K/ Cal literally own multiple acres of land in your heads.

I don't understand it either. The way this board talks about Duke/UK would make you think that they've owned us on the court and therefore we have some deep-seeded animosity. Yet, we're 4-0 vs them in Final 4 games, 2-0 in national title games. So when it matters most, we've beaten them.

I don't get the insecurity.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't understand it either. The way this board talks about Duke/UK would make you think that they've owned us on the court and therefore we have some deep-seeded animosity. Yet, we're 4-0 vs them in Final 4 games, 2-0 in national title games. So when it matters most, we've beaten them.

I don't get the insecurity.

Probably due to the fact that, though we have own them in recent years, UCONN doesn't receive the same pub and respect outside of Husky fans.

Reaction Score
It's remarkably simple. They are treated as vaunted programs by the media and other fan bases. We are not.
And threads like these make that worse. We are who we are, we're never going to be treated like those programs and the sooner that's accepted the less Coach K having diarrhea is going to cause an uproar around here.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And threads like these make that worse. We are who we are, we're never going to be treated like those programs and the sooner that's accepted the less Coach K having diarrhea is going to cause an uproar around here.

Does it really though? Ostensibly, those programs don't care one way or another about us, so no one's trolling our board for conflagatory info.

I'm fairly certain these threads have zero impact on our national rep. Maybe there's the odd columnist who likes to needle UConn, but they would anyway.

Reaction Score

Eh it's just fun to talk about it it's the Blue Devils, it's Laettner getting an elbow in the face, it's Tate not making the catch for us to get the 1st FF, it's us coming back from 12 late int he National Semi's to beat their a** and watching K whine, it's watching K whine LOL.

Who care's let everyone have fun with the guy who believes he's owed more than any coach when he's out there, heck why wouldn't we? It doesn't hurt anything it's the BY, we're best at stuff like this anyway.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom