Coach Hurley to be on Pardon My Take | The Boneyard

Coach Hurley to be on Pardon My Take

Reaction Score
There is also this....

114A75B4-9744-4305-ABBD-249E5D70D2EB.png

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Hopefully the interview happens sooner, but Dan would be perfect for Grit Week.

This is a fun, smart move. Barstool isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but Big Cat and PFT have an insane brand and building a relationship with them is very smart business.

Reaction Score
I cannot wait for this. Should be entertaining and great reach for the program.

I’m not the biggest barstool fan, wouldn’t consider myself a stoolie(cringe) but I’ve always loved PMT, Big Cat and PFT are hilarious. They give off a different vibe than much of the rest of Barstool. Guys are marketing powerhouses, I have no clue how Big Cat turned a fake video game coach into a massive marketing campaign.

The other thing I like is they aren’t afraid to ask awkward questions on the show, excited to hear this one.

Reaction Score
I’m not the biggest barstool fan, wouldn’t consider myself a stoolie(cringe) but I’ve always loved PMT, Big Cat and PFT are hilarious. They give off a different vibe than much of the rest of Barstool. Guys are marketing powerhouses, I have no clue how Big Cat turned a fake video game coach into a massive marketing campaign.

The other thing I like is they aren’t afraid to ask awkward questions on the show, excited to hear this one.
I honestly never paid any attention to Barstool or anything related to it until about a year ago. I now understand how big and popular they are, especially with the younger generation, which is good for recruiting. Thats why I think It’s a good thing how Dan Hurley will be going on the Pardon My Take.

I can’t believe how popular this thing Big Cat is doing with the NCAA Football game. The crazy thing about it is how the verified Twitter accounts for Texas Tech Football and Tennessee Football are embracing it as well. I think its really cool actually. Thats why its kind of a shame that our athletic department did not embrace the “storm chasers” when they came to the Houston game.

Reaction Score
I honestly never paid any attention to Barstool or anything related to it until about a year ago. I now understand how big and popular they are, especially with the younger generation, which is good for recruiting. Thats why I think It’s a good thing how Dan Hurley will be going on the Pardon My Take.

I can’t believe how popular this thing Big Cat is doing with the NCAA Football game. The crazy thing about it is how the verified Twitter accounts for Texas Tech Football and Tennessee Football are embracing it as well. I think its really cool actually. Thats why its kind of a shame that our athletic department did not embrace the “storm chasers” when they came to the Houston game.
Barstool has figured out how to generate internet traffic that’s for sure. They created a brand of loyal customers that pretty much buy whatever they put out. They definitely can’t be taken lightly anymore. I just don’t love the stoolie/mob mentality. If they don’t like you, they can be pretty vicious towards you. But that’s just me... that’s why I like PMT, don’t follow much else barstool stuff, PMT just seems a bit removed from that. I’ve always loved Big Cat, idk how he comes up with these ideas on the fly.

I hear you on that storm chasers thing, I think for me I was fine with it. If it was a better team, I would’ve been more open for it and fully embraced it. But Barstool got what they wanted out of it regardless. It’s crazy to see these schools engaging like that, they’re smart to do it.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
DH is really embracing social media and in this day and age, it's going to pay off because it's all kids do these days. Some of these older coaches still call Facebook, "The Facebook" and cant remember their email passwords.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

The UConn football account was live tweeting score updates from their "game" against Coach Duggs yesterday.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Also we should never, ever, ever, storm the court for beating a team in the AAC. Ever. Like never ever.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Also we should never, ever, ever, storm the court for beating a team in the AAC. Ever. Like never ever.
It's probably become one of the most overdone things in college hoops. Used to be only when you beat a rival or top 2-3 ranked team. Now fans barrel through security for a win over #17 in the polls.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It's probably become one of the most overdone things in college hoops. Used to be only when you beat a rival or top 2-3 ranked team. Now fans barrel through security for a win over #17 in the polls.

It's the participation trophy society we live in now.

Reaction Score
This would be so fantastic, hope it all comes together. When I actually had to go to work, I had a 40 minute commute and PMT got me essentially through the whole week, got hooked and never looked back.

PFT is kind of a hack, and Big Cat carries him but the chemistry they all have along with how much guests just flat out enjoy being on the show is electric.

Hearing the happiness in Black Griffin's voice when he won Blake of the Year last summer was my favorite part of the summer (I also got married June 8th) Haha...

Also the NCAA Football '14 hysteria has been wild to watch, just shows the insanity of social media that all of these schools are all in on this. My wife yelled at me as I sat on the couch and watched the Tennessee/UConn game on Twitch "you're watching a goshdarn video game on your phone!"

...and I can't wait to do it again.

Reaction Score
This would be so fantastic, hope it all comes together. When I actually had to go to work, I had a 40 minute commute and PMT got me essentially through the whole week, got hooked and never looked back.

PFT is kind of a hack, and Big Cat carries him but the chemistry they all have along with how much guests just flat out enjoy being on the show is electric.

Hearing the happiness in Black Griffin's voice when he won Blake of the Year last summer was my favorite part of the summer (I also got married June 8th) Haha...

Also the NCAA Football '14 hysteria has been wild to watch, just shows the insanity of social media that all of these schools are all in on this. My wife yelled at me as I sat on the couch and watched the Tennessee/UConn game on Twitch "you're watching a goshdarn video game on your phone!"

Stop it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

PFT carries Big Cat imo, but they're both great.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

I heard the Hurleys, who are big barstool fans, were upset about it and the storm chasers will be back and treated better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom