Coach Hurley talks about his Dad… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coach Hurley talks about his Dad…

Reaction Score
do you not read around here? the number of posters who seem to honestly think they know more about the game than he does and constantly bitch about the guy is mind boggling. and don't hit me with "all fans complain"...blah, blah. the complaining here is often flat out wrong, over the top and tiresome. we can agree to disagree, i guess?
Critiquing or commenting on his in game coaching is what fans do. Sorry but that doesn’t rise to the vitriol that justbrewit claims people here are doing.

I think there are more people complaining about those complaining about DH than people actually complaining about him. Lol

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
do you not read around here? the number of posters who seem to honestly think they know more about the game than he does and constantly bitch about the guy is mind boggling. and don't hit me with "all fans complain"...blah, blah. the complaining here is often flat out wrong, over the top and tiresome. we can agree to disagree, i guess?
Obviously the anti Hurley crowd expects everyone to ignore the incessant & irrational moaning for the last few months all because the people calling for his head have been quiet since checks notes Sunday

Yup, like that makes any sense. They were wrong, now they have to own it

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can we stop with the Hurley haters stuff?

Nobody hates him, he's overwhelmingly loved by the board. We all want the same thing.
Lol, no. Nobody is accusing you of this behavior. But there’s lots of posters who only come out whenever we lose to be overly critical of Dan. You’d have to be blind to miss them.

Reaction Score
Gee, I wonder who is at the top of this list. Kansas City man

Reaction Score
His brother just signed an extension, and the press here is asking why. They say he can't tell the difference between x's and o's even if they were at the bottom of a love letter. So both of them get a lot of hate!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Give it 24 hours. I would bet half of them have their posts saved as drafts.
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My appreciation for him started when he took the high road and didn’t push players out when he took over. Even though he developed them more than we thought possible it probably impacted the turnaround.

I’m no fan of his skank face or that he gets technical’s because he loses his cool but it’s more than made up by his depth of concern for his players and the program. He got the good and the bad from his dad.
We had a HOF coach who was rough around the edges and was criticized for it but showed these same traits towards UConn and his players.

His inability to be as good a player as his brother had to hurt but I believe it helped him understand the value of his dad’s coaching and learn from it more than his brother.

We are lucky this was his way!

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Judging by the emotional response, I’m guessing the family is clearly going through something.

I hope everything ends up ok.

There’s a video out there from Coach’s URI days showing a very emotional reaction to his brother’s team receiving an at-large bid for the tourney. I think they are just a tight family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom