Coach Hurley talks about his Dad… | The Boneyard

Coach Hurley talks about his Dad…

Reaction Score
Hurley haters: hE’s So aRRoGaNt, StUbBorn, onLy CaReS abOUt himSelf…

Has anyone actually said this? I'm guessing I have them on ignore.

I can testify to how meaningful it is for your dad to come to games as a player or coach. My dad drove 4-7 hours to see EVERY single one of my college games for 4 years, even though I was lucky if I played 5 minutes in a blowout.

He's not a perfect coach but at least he is a decent person unlike half the high-major coaches in this country. How slimy would you feel being an SJU or GT fan next season?

Reaction Score

I can testify to how meaningful it is for your dad to come to games as a player or coach. My dad drove 4-7 hours to see EVERY single one of my college games for 4 years, even though I was lucky if I played 5 minutes in a blowout.

He's not a perfect coach but at least he is a decent person unlike half the high-major coaches in this country. How slimy would you feel being an SJU or GT fan next season?

There are definitely some here. You’re obviously not one of the ones I’m referring to. Many more on Twitter. Spew pure vitriol for him. They have retreated under their rocks for now.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Love that hat, too.

They have a bunch at the bookstore. Almost got one yesterday. I’ll likely get one next time I’m on campus (in a couple days)
I'll pay for yours and for shipping mine if you're willing grab a second one and mail it to me. PM me if interested.

Reaction Score

I would be pumped if I was a Johnnies or Georgetown fan. They're both going to get really good quickly after being bad for a while, especially the Johnnies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Can we stop with the Hurley haters stuff?

Nobody hates him, he's overwhelmingly loved by the board. We all want the same thing.
do you not read around here? the number of posters who seem to honestly think they know more about the game than he does and constantly bitch about the guy is mind boggling. and don't hit me with "all fans complain"...blah, blah. the complaining here is often flat out wrong, over the top and tiresome. we can agree to disagree, i guess?

Reaction Score
This the guy--The right guy. .He respects the UConn brand and Calhoun legacy.. Loves coaching his guys.. Respects his Mom/Dad.. Loves his family.. And love those wacky UConn fans and Yarders.. Fugeddaboutit.. Right place-Right time. 4 more to go..

Reaction Score
do you not read around here? the number of posters who seem to honestly think they know more about the game than he does and constantly bitch about the guy is mind boggling. and don't hit me with "all fans complain"...blah, blah. the complaining here is often flat out wrong, over the top and tiresome. we can agree to disagree, i guess?
It's a message board for UConn basketball. Of course people are going to critique the coaching moves and how the players play. When things are going well of course the critiques will be more positive, when things are going poorly of course the critiques will be more negative. I don't see all these people who hate Hurley.

Reaction Score
It's a message board for UConn basketball. Of course people are going to critique the coaching moves and how the players play. When things are going well of course the critiques will be more positive, when things are going poorly of course the critiques will be more negative. I don't see all these people who hate Hurley.
You must have missed the fire Hurley threads and comments!

Reaction Score
Judging by the emotional response, I’m guessing the family is clearly going through something.

I hope everything ends up ok.

I actually didnt see that. I read that as him being happy to reach his highest point professionally, and having his dad there to see it was meaningful.

You may be right, but i hope for their sake, i am.

Reaction Score

Give it 24 hours. I would bet half of them have their posts saved as drafts.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I actually didnt see that. I read that as him being happy to reach his highest point professionally, and having his dad there to see it was meaningful.

You may be right, but i hope for their sake, i am.
exaclty my thoughts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom