Coach Auriemma mic'd up for practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coach Auriemma mic'd up for practice

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Since your comment seems to be aimed at me I will offer this reply. You seem to be implying that my comment that it is unfortunate for Geno's health that he is carrying excess weight is some type of cover for tasking a shot at Geno or as you put it "Judging him".

Well you don't know me so it's pretty hard for you to have any idea what I think or how I think. But, I stand by my statement that his added weight is unfortunate for his health. Are you arguing with that?

I don't know about you but I hope Geno has a long and prosperous rest of his life. I'd like him to coach as long as his mind decides he wants to do that. I'd like him to be able to walk and play golf and do all those things most people take for granted and do them relatively pain free or without restriction. Excess weight increases the odds of restrictions on those things and those things are a list too long to try to compile. Heck, added weight puts a extra strain on your knees and he's a guy that has already had knee issues.

Geno has given a lot to the UConn WBB program, and to the fans of the Huskies and to Basketball in general.
I personally would like him to be able to have a comfortable long life after basketball. Not one bothered by all the health issues that CAN result from excess weight. He deserves it.

So what's wrong with saying his excess weight is unfortunate for his health?
Because you don’t know that for a fact., and it’s Geno’s business. I get that you wish him a long healthy life, but this is very judgmental- We should be talking about basketball here.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's Christyn because she can do a whole lot more than those things and there is no way in hell Geno is telling here to wait to add things to her game. It is someone new to the team IMO & a perimeter player like Aubrey or Evina. The part about shooting open 3 does not match any part of Touly's game.
I would have to think it’s Evina then since Aubrey wasn’t necessarily a prolific 3pt shooter in her high school days (anymore than Touly was with Guinea anyhow).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I would have to think it’s Evina then since Aubrey wasn’t necessarily a prolific 3pt shooter in her high school days (anymore than Touly was with Guinea anyhow).
But Evina is seen off to the side on his right near the wall not too far from Crystal with a basketball, and Geno isn't looking near her direction. By the way, looking at Evelyn's legs and upper body she kind of reminds me of Morgan Tuck. Now, if she can handle the opposing bigs defensively like Morgan....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But Evina is seen off to the side near the wall not too far from Crystal, and Geno isn't looking near her direction.

I think it’s Megan Walker, she fits every part of the description and is not visible in the frame

Reaction Score
:eek: Huh, excess weight being bad for your health is not enough of a fact for you? Denial much?
That’s not my point, but I’m glad we can discuss this in a civilized manner.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I’m not seeing your point, but we can disagree civilly and that’s good. I care about Geno too.

Ummm there is an old saying about the black pot disparingly calling the kettle black. Interestingly I never had to explain that one to anybody before.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That’s not my point, but I’m glad we can discuss this in a civilized manner.
Why, were you planning on dragging someone else into this discussion?

Regarding civility:
"I think we are past that point,"
Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think it’s Megan Walker, she fits every part of the description and is not visible in the frame
Every part except when Geno says "don't add anything until I tell" . Megan Walker is getting ready to be a Junior and a second year starter no way Geno is telling her to wait to add something to her game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Little doubt to me it was Griffin. Geno plays freshmen who show him they are good at something. KML & KLS could stand still in the corner and shoot three's as freshmen. That's what made them valuable and basically that's all they did. KLS made 78 3's, a freshman record except for KLM's 93. But that's about all Geno let them do. If it is Griffin he is addressing then Geno is letting her do a lot for a freshman. In fact I haven't read one quote where he isn't positive in his comments about her, even her defense.
She seems to do well on a big stage too, playing her best in the Federation Cup and USA trials.

Lots to be hopeful about.

Reaction Score
But Evina is seen off to the side on his right near the wall not too far from Crystal with a basketball, and Geno isn't looking near her direction. By the way, looking at Evelyn's legs and upper body she kind of reminds me of Morgan Tuck. Now, if she can handle the opposing bigs defensively like Morgan....
So what I’m getting from these replies is that if—and with the NCAA that’s a BIG if—Evina is granted a waiver, UConn could be absolutely deadly with so many different options this year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So what I’m getting from these replies is that if—and with the NCAA that’s a BIG if—Evina is granted a waiver, UConn could be absolutely deadly with so many different options this year.
Yes, well...yes. I believe it will also depend on how well Meg and Evelyn handle teams with a second starter over 6'3". However, unlike some here on the BY I am very optimistic about Evina getting a waiver.

Reaction Score
Yes, well...yes. I believe it will also depend on how well Meg and Evelyn handle teams with a second starter over 6'3". However, unlike some here on the BY I am very optimistic about Evina getting a waiver.
Meg is a natural wing so if she gets to play the 3 I doubt she’ll care about the heights of her fellow starters. I wish I could share your optimism for Evina’s waiver. Here’s hoping

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Since your comment seems to be aimed at me I will offer this reply. You seem to be implying that my comment that it is unfortunate for Geno's health that he is carrying excess weight is some type of cover for tasking a shot at Geno or as you put it "Judging him".

Well you don't know me so it's pretty hard for you to have any idea what I think or how I think. But, I stand by my statement that his added weight is unfortunate for his health. Are you arguing with that?

I don't know about you but I hope Geno has a long and prosperous rest of his life. I'd like him to coach as long as his mind decides he wants to do that. I'd like him to be able to walk and play golf and do all those things most people take for granted and do them relatively pain free or without restriction. Excess weight increases the odds of restrictions on those things and those things are a list too long to try to compile. Heck, added weight puts a extra strain on your knees and he's a guy that has already had knee issues.

Geno has given a lot to the UConn WBB program, and to the fans of the Huskies and to Basketball in general.
I personally would like him to be able to have a comfortable long life after basketball. Not one bothered by all the health issues that CAN result from excess weight. He deserves it.

So what's wrong with saying his excess weight is unfortunate for his health?

Excess belly fat health risks: The Dangers of Belly Fat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom