Coach Auriemma mic'd up for practice | The Boneyard

Coach Auriemma mic'd up for practice

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
So who is he talking to near the end when he says, "What did we tell you you're good at? Drive to the basket, back cut, offensive rebound, stand there and shoot open 3's. That's a lot. Don't add anything until I tell you."

It has to be one of the newcomers. My guess is that it is Anna. I don't think Evelyn would be encouraged to shoot 3's, and the description doesn't seem to fit Aubrey's skills. I guess it could be Evina, but who knows?

Reaction Score
So who is he talking to near the end when he says, "What did we tell you you're good at? Drive to the basket, back cut, offensive rebound, stand there and shoot open 3's. That's a lot. Don't add anything until I tell you."

It has to be one of the newcomers. My guess is that it is Anna. I don't think Evelyn would be encouraged to shoot 3's, and the description doesn't seem to fit Aubrey's skills. I guess it could be Evina, but who knows?

He was not looking in Anna's direction when he was saying that, and Evelyn is sort of behind him, so my guess is it's either Evina or Aubrey, most likely Evina. Actually can't be Evina either since she was already walking away out of the frame (#22), so probably Aubrey.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

I'm guessing Aubrey as well. we know she's a pretty good shooter, crazy athletic, so the driving, o-board and shoot 3's is logical for her.

Reaction Score
It's not Anna. You can see her to the right of the screen. The player he's talking to isn't shown on screen.

Reaction Score
His body shape is irrelevant to his coaching and basketball expertise. And judging him on that is wrong- the heck with justifying the judgement by saying it’s about his “health”. It’s his business. End of discussion.
No it's our business too since we want him to coach til he's 90. Coach, have a salad for lunch now & then why don't ya..

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
His body shape is irrelevant to his coaching and basketball expertise. And judging him on that is wrong- the heck with justifying the judgement by saying it’s about his “health”. It’s his business. End of discussion.
Hmmm. Since your comment seems to be aimed at me I will offer this reply. You seem to be implying that my comment that it is unfortunate for Geno's health that he is carrying excess weight is some type of cover for tasking a shot at Geno or as you put it "Judging him".

Well you don't know me so it's pretty hard for you to have any idea what I think or how I think. But, I stand by my statement that his added weight is unfortunate for his health. Are you arguing with that?

I don't know about you but I hope Geno has a long and prosperous rest of his life. I'd like him to coach as long as his mind decides he wants to do that. I'd like him to be able to walk and play golf and do all those things most people take for granted and do them relatively pain free or without restriction. Excess weight increases the odds of restrictions on those things and those things are a list too long to try to compile. Heck, added weight puts a extra strain on your knees and he's a guy that has already had knee issues.

Geno has given a lot to the UConn WBB program, and to the fans of the Huskies and to Basketball in general.
I personally would like him to be able to have a comfortable long life after basketball. Not one bothered by all the health issues that CAN result from excess weight. He deserves it.

So what's wrong with saying his excess weight is unfortunate for his health?

Reaction Score

My guesses are either Christyn Williams (she can do all of the things he listed and was actually a pretty good offensive rebounder) or maybe Camara (it seems like she’d be the one to encourage to do what she’s already good at and keep it at that).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My guesses are either Christyn Williams (she can do all of the things he listed and was actually a pretty good offensive rebounder) or maybe Camara (it seems like she’d be the one to encourage to do what she’s already good at and keep it at that).
I don't think it's Christyn because she can do a whole lot more than those things and there is no way in hell Geno is telling here to wait to add things to her game. It is someone new to the team IMO & a perimeter player like Aubrey or Evina. The part about shooting open 3 does not match any part of Touly's game.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't think it's Christyn because she can do a whole lot more than those things and there is no way in hell Geno is telling here to wait to add things to her game. It is someone new to the team IMO & a perimeter player like Aubrey or Evina. The part about shooting open 3 does match any part of Touly's game.
From the jump it sounded to me like he was referring to Aubrey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom