Coach’s show tonight at 6pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coach’s show tonight at 6pm

Reaction Score
Not only that, but some teams have reported that some of their players were missing because of Covid problems. Missouri reported that Blackwell did not play because of Covid protocol, and they are not the only team to make that kind of announcement. However, I agree it is not our business who tested positive.
I don’t care to know. But it’s more likely to become public information when a team is playing a game and a specific player is unavailable. There’s no need to divulge the specifics when the team is shut down and games aren’t played anyway. If we do end up playing Friday and can only suit up 7, it’ll become quite easy to piece together the puzzle.

My hope is that the team can get healthy soon, from both COVID and injuries. From a post season perspective, we’re seeing the consequence of having so many breaks during the early season from scheduling alone. The race to 25 will be interesting to watch. Now with COVID, we’re essentially having a 3 plus week layoff. Seems even more wonky than last year if you can believe that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Based on what I read some of the kids havent returned due to Covid and some have. There is a 10 day quarantine and then 5 days of practice thats 15 days. The kids were suppose to come back on Dec 26. The earliest should be January 11. That tells me we wont be playing Sunday either and possibly Wednesday we may be ready to go. It will be a day to day thing and we have to accept that. When they get healthy we play until then we just wait for some good news. Its been a tuff season for UConn with the injuries and sickness. Lets just be concerned for some good news because we've had enough bad news.

Reaction Score
I thought Nika and Azzi were both expected to be back by the last game that was cancelled. If they don't announce that Nika or Azzi are available yet that gives them some flexibility in deciding on the next game. We have only played 9 games right. Lots of other teams have played 12-15 games. We have dug a real hole for ourselves. We may have to rely on a rule change to even qualify for the tournament at some point, assuming they still have it.
The hole we are in has been dug by other factors than us. I think you were wrong about AZZI and Nika anyway. Based on their diagnosis ( pre-fracture ) their return to health ( to play BB) was closer to the end of January. A minimum of 6 weeks, more likely 8. And then begin working out...applying stress again. Long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom