Closest challenge to no back-to-back losses? | The Boneyard

Closest challenge to no back-to-back losses?

Reaction Score
Was thinking the same thing this morning. wondering does any one know the exact number of games and years its been since we have had back to back losses. Im thinking maybe post Diana, 2005 or 6?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm not positive but ABC showed a graphic and Baylor was #2 with 228. Or was that something else...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Or iare some other teams looming?
From a 2018 Journal Inquirer article:

Eight of UConn’s 58 wins following a loss were against ranked teams. The closest was a one-point win at Rutgers on Jan. 27, 1999, though the Huskies needed overtime to top South Florida here on Dec. 1, 2004.

Reaction Score
I'm not positive but ABC showed a graphic and Baylor was #2 with 228. Or was that something else...
Yeah I think that's right. I've never heard this streak mentioned anywhere else other than SNY or from the UConn local coverage, so I didn't think anyone really cared. In theory you can make up an infinite number of streaks to track if you really wanted to.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't know why people are so enamored of this "streak". It's like in the absence of having a good team we are emotionally clinging to these obscure historical factoids.

If we had Maryland's schedule and had to play Baylor, NC State and Stanford in consecutive games, the "not twice in a row" streak would probably be gone.

Reaction Score
I don't know why people are so enamored of this "streak". It's like in the absence of having a good team we are emotionally clinging to these obscure historical factoids.

If we had Maryland's schedule and had to play Baylor, NC State and Stanford in consecutive games, the "not twice in a row" streak would probably be gone.
sounds alot like what UConn has done in the eleven national championships that they have won!

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

I think it's because NOone else has come even remotely close. And is a fact, a startling fact, not a "kind of," "sort of" possiblility. It is. And it has required a remarkable consistency of team performance involving many different rosters. I won't scoff at it.

Reaction Score

Well, Geno considers it an achievement that the program is proud of.

Reaction Score
I suppose it speaks to the resiliency and consistantcy of UCONN's WBB program over the long haul.
The injuries they are currently dealing with do not represent the only time something like this has happened.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well, Geno considers it an achievement that the program is proud of.
And if any other team had some kind of streak going on, you can be sure that it would be bragged about. For instance I think a couple of common ones are consecutive home wins and consecutive wins over a specific opponent.

Reaction Score
Not losing back to back since 1993 is an amazing streak although the number of total losses since then is small, making the chances of back to back loses much less. I doubt that any D1 team can ever hope to match it given the ever increasing parity in wcbb.

sun

Reaction Score
I think that streak only has symbolic importance for UConn nation and is relatively meaningless to anyone else.

What would be next in importance, losing 3 in a row?

Reaction Score
I think that streak only has symbolic importance for UConn nation and is relatively meaningless to anyone else.

What would be next in importance, losing 3 in a row?

only because they don't have it.

sun

Reaction Score
only because they don't have it.
Maybe it's because that streak doesn't earn a national championship, so no one else cares much about it.

Reaction Score

If we had Maryland's schedule and had to play Baylor, NC State and Stanford in consecutive games, the "not twice in a row" streak would

Reaction Score
This type of information is great stuff for the tv commentators to discuss when they don’t want focus on the game (which seems to happen a lot).

Reaction Score
I think people are acting like the threat of that streak being broken disappeared with the UCLA win. Most would probably consider us underdogs against Louisville, so if we lose that, the pressure is back on again for our next game against Marquette. If we were healthy I wouldn't worry about that match-up at all, but if we don't get a couple of people back it may not be a given.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom