Clippers Ink Terry Larrier To Exhibit 10 Deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clippers Ink Terry Larrier To Exhibit 10 Deal

Reaction Score
If TL was on this team would he start, or at least going into the season be a pretty sure likelihood of starting? Not the kid I remember vs. what I'm hoping some of the guys are this year. I am in the camp of "very surprised" he's getting an NBA shot, and if understand what he signed, then not so surprised as he'll be a cheap guy to fill out a G team roster.
If you are a Thabeet, Daniels, Purvis, Hamilton, Amida (or a Stanley Robinson) type player it is a fine line for not quite being good enough. I didn't see TL as being as "NBA" potential as those guys but then I'm not doing the picking. If alternative is "hundreds of thousands overseas" would suggest he take that choice instead.
Question to the "disrespecting police", please rate the above on your disrespecting scale so can refrain from triggering any readers and/or sending them to their safe spaces.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His poor play had literally nothing to do with KOs coaching but by all means keep the broken record running.

Gotta disagree here. Guy had a sweet jump shot with great elevation. Ollie played him a power forward. He’s a catch and shoot two guard. His role should be the same as Vital’s. His handle is or was lacking for sure and he lacked the strength to go inside, and after the injury the will do so as well. I wish him luck.

Reaction Score
The kid essentially played one year at UConn coming off a major injury.I doubt we saw him at his best. He also suffered a broken nose and concussion mid season..
Add that to the fact that team was decimated by desertions.
The front court was made up of young kids who did come on a bit late but for most of the season were non existent. Unfortunately we will never know as that season ended on Jan 25 when the NCAA inquiry was announced and their coaches fate was hanging in he breeze.
We usually were playing 5v3. Even the rocket scientist on the BY could figure out a defense for that team especially after Gilbert went down. As Adams,Larrier ,and Vital were the only scoring options.
Blaming him or the other two for that season is like blaming the the firemen on the Titanic for the ship sinking after the Captain ran them into an iceberg creating a huge hole in the side.
PS. Terry was looking good last year in camps when I believe he suffered an ankle injury so the kid is a tad snake bit and needs all the luck he can get.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Without looking it up I think he put up 15 and 5 or so his last year here. ATROCIOUS

Yes because this is a post about TL as a college player... lol great take.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Really happy for Larrier. Kid has been through a lot.

At 6'8" - 6'9", less than 210 and a wing-man like game, and like many posters recognized, he really needed to get stronger and tighten up his handle while at UConn. I don't believe he's a stretch four, but hopeful he works toward acquiring this sort of versatility to improve his chances for pro success.

Reaction Score
Gotta disagree here. Guy had a sweet jump shot with great elevation. Ollie played him a power forward. He’s a catch and shoot two guard. His role should be the same as Vital’s. His handle is or was lacking for sure and he lacked the strength to go inside, and after the injury the will do so as well. I wish him luck.

Instead of disputing I will leave it at hope he gets to make some money playing the game he loves. As others pointed out he wasn’t healthy looked like a colt on his repaired knee. He had a rough couple years for sure.

C

Chief00

Haha what? I’m happy for TL financially sure but for the organization it doesn’t make any sense he isn’t a good basketball player. My question is why would they do it if the goal is to keep him from going overseas. He didn’t play really at all during summer league a place where he could showcase himself.

If anything I could argue that the nba team is doing a disservice to TL instead of letting him make more money overseas. But of course don’t let that ruin the narrative that I’m disrespectful to TL. Keep drinking the @Chief00 koolaid.

You realize NBA teams have to fill their minor league rosters and there are salary rules around that. Most guys don’t become established NBA players but some do. This is the process Terry is in now. It’s a step forward, an opportunity for Terry to fulfill his dream. What’s not to like about it?
If he succeeds great, if not he will know he did his best and tried.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Instead of disputing I will leave it at hope he gets to make some money playing the game he loves. As others pointed out he wasn’t healthy looked like a colt on his repaired knee. He had a rough couple years for sure.

Amen to that. I wish him the best. He chose to become a UConn Husky. Didn’t have too. So...One Of Us.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The truth usually lies somewhere in between the extremes. Larrier had/has size, leaping ability, and a fairly good outside shot. Those things have the potential to translate to the NBA, though it's still a longshot.

But his play at UConn demonstrated mediocre ball handling, and, even more problematic, poor ability to create for others, and to understand spacing and team play. He often made shots that had you going "No, Terry! ... Okay, glad you made that." Made bucket, but still a bad shot. I suspect there were reasons VCU let him go. And he wasn't a solid defender, though some of that may have been due to the ACL and losing lateral mobility.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I root for his success as I would any UConn player who has moved on. I hope he enjoy's the G league and that it helps his overall game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom